Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Conor Bradley fully 'bought in' at Bolton after Liverpool loan

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Conor Bradley fully 'bought in' at Bolton after Liverpool loan 16099222

Conor Bradley says “buying in” to life at Bolton Wanderers has been simple since leaving Liverpool on loan.

The Northern Ireland international has no complaints whatsoever on his stay at the University of Bolton Stadium so far, in what is his first full season of senior football.

Bradley has featured 17 times for the Whites, scoring three goals, and helping Ian Evatt’s side into the play-off positions.

And he claims adapting to life outside the Premier League has been a doddle, thanks largely to the welcome he has been given in Lancashire.

“I have found it quite easy to focus on playing here, being with Bolton, buying in, giving my all every day,” he told The Bolton News.

“I know in the long run I will be going back to Liverpool and trying to fight for a place there but right now, I am loving it here.

“The lads have been brilliant, the groups of staff, the fans, the gaffer, they have helped me settle in and enjoy my football, so it is all I could possibly ask for.

“I came here to get as many games as I possibly could, and that is exactly what I have been given.”

Bradley said earlier this week that the dramatic late win against Burton Albion had been the highlight of his young career so far – but the teenager admits the night has been a frustrating one to that point.

Wanderers welcome Oxford United this afternoon hoping to find a more fluent performance than they managed on Tuesday night. But for Bradley, the experience of away teams using the ‘low block’ and trying to hit on the counter-attack is nothing new.

“It is quite similar to Liverpool – most games are like that because teams will come to sit in, and it can be quite difficult to break down. They are stubborn,” he said.

“This has been a really good learning curve for me. Knowing how to suss out opponents, how I can go at their weaknesses, I’ll check out what foot he uses, how he plays, it has all been really good for me.

“Liverpool have kept in contact and that has been big for me as well. They ask how it is going, am I enjoying it, and that all helps me.”

Bradley was suspended for last weekend’s 3-2 win at Accrington but Ian Evatt revealed after the game that he had travelled to the Crown Ground off his own back to watch the game and assist behind the scenes.

“I was basically trying to help the team however I could,” he said. “I was suspended but I wanted to show I was interested in what was happening and thankfully it was a good one to go to as well!”

Lloyd Isgrove stepped into the right wing-back berth in Bradley’s absence, having recovered from a long-term hamstring injury.

The youngster is happy for the company on the right, and sees no reason why the two players could not work together in the right system.

“It’s good to have competition, healthy for the squad, and we have got it in all areas at the moment. Everyone is fit and having Izzy back is a great plus,” he said.

“I think full-back is probably my long-term goal but it is always good to have other strings to your bow and playing wing-back or even as a winger, it is all good for me.”

Wanderers could go fourth with a win against Oxford today, and have recent form on their side with the U’s having made a slow start to the season.

“It is an important game,” Bradley said. “We’d like to end the month on a high and get a third win in a row. We want to cement that top six place and keep pushing for promotion.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum