Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Are Bolton players pricks?

+5
LW23
Boggersbelief
Keegan
BoltonTillIDie
jayjay23
9 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Are Bolton players pricks? Empty Are Bolton players pricks? Fri Nov 02 2012, 22:52

jayjay23

jayjay23
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

We spent the last few months as fans bemoaning the lack of fire and lack of spirit from our players on the pitch week in week out. We were disappointed with the work rate as well as the results under Coyle. Most of us blamed Coyle. He obviously was making mistakes but why did the players not do something more to prevent the rot?

Coyle got the big boot and LSL and JP took over. Within days the players are coming out and saying things like, "we are training twice a day now", "we're doing double fitness sessions", "we have to do extra gym work", "we are more tactical", "we spend more time studying the opposition", "we don't get to play golf as much" and so on and so on.

So, why the fook were the players (AFTER LOSING ABOUT A THOUSAND MATCHES) not taking it upon themselves to do a bit of extra training or extra gym work. Why weren't they volunteering to come in for double sessions. OR EVEN INSISTING ON IT!

They were losing and under-performing week in week out FFS! Stop planning your training sessions around golf sessions and pull your fingers out. Just because the boss wasn't kicking them up the arse shouldn't mean they just lie back and chill out.

They should have shown some initiative.
If they were on a sinking ship and their boss didn't tell them to swim would they just let themselves drown?

2Are Bolton players pricks? Empty Re: Are Bolton players pricks? Fri Nov 02 2012, 23:14

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] You would think they noticed they were not playing well and being professionals, they really should have done something about it themselves.

3Are Bolton players pricks? Empty Re: Are Bolton players pricks? Fri Nov 02 2012, 23:22

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

This lot? Quite probably. The 'round of golf' story was an annoyance for me - particularly coming from the Skipper. We have been relegated and have been quite shit in the lower league - but the hardest working player seems to be Holden. They should all be ashamed of themselves.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

4Are Bolton players pricks? Empty Re: Are Bolton players pricks? Fri Nov 02 2012, 23:24

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

They still get paid stupid amounts of money at the end of the week so I doubt they were that fussed..

Or they may have tried to tackle whatever problems and coyle and his cronies were having none of it. Too busy sorting out table tennis tournaments most likey!

5Are Bolton players pricks? Empty Re: Are Bolton players pricks? Fri Nov 02 2012, 23:33

jayjay23

jayjay23
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Gonnawin4coyle wrote:They still get paid stupid amounts of money at the end of the week so I doubt they were that fussed..

Or they may have tried to tackle whatever problems and coyle and his cronies were having none of it. Too busy sorting out table tennis tournaments most likey!

No chance. They could have arranged to have a gym session or a kick about or a meeting even. But no. They arranged a golf day instead of training.

6Are Bolton players pricks? Empty Re: Are Bolton players pricks? Fri Nov 02 2012, 23:50

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

They have no excuse - the Overpaid Ponces™! There has been a distinct lack of give-a-shit on display. If I lose a scrimmage game I'm not a happy camper leaving the pitch, but this lot is thinking about what they will spend the latest weeks' loot on. Freedman had better be prepared to put his boot so far up the arses of these dimwits that they can taste the shoe polish.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

7Are Bolton players pricks? Empty Re: Are Bolton players pricks? Sat Nov 03 2012, 08:22

LW23

Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

think a few spoke out and got dropped

8Are Bolton players pricks? Empty Re: Are Bolton players pricks? Sat Nov 03 2012, 11:29

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

No, its all up to the manager. If they get caught doing extra gym sessions they will be dropped, players have strict regimes made so they don't exert themselves and clearly Coyles wasn't very intense. It would also undermine his authority which wouldn't go down well.

Chungy spoke to the press about having to play a different style with more passes and he was dropped.

Theres not much the players could do, they should just follow orders.

And the round of golf thing doesn't really bother me, we had no manager, no one in charge, and two weeks until the next game.

9Are Bolton players pricks? Empty Re: Are Bolton players pricks? Sat Nov 03 2012, 12:27

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The players are pricks, but like any soft boss, give your employees and inch and they will start a sex club at lunchtime.

10Are Bolton players pricks? Empty Re: Are Bolton players pricks? Sat Nov 03 2012, 15:01

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Coyle had patience with some players, that he didn't have with others. The inconsistency in his thinking is such that I can imagine it proving detrimental to any dressing room morale.

A lot of people question Sordell's commitment. How can a player commit himself when his manager apparently has no faith in him?

11Are Bolton players pricks? Empty Re: Are Bolton players pricks? Sat Nov 03 2012, 15:32

chipbutty

chipbutty
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

The manager couldn't manage so blame the players. Madness.

I have never known in any walk of life so many excuses made for someone failing in their job.

Why did Coyle last so long (had he stayed we would be at least three points worse off) and why are people still refusing to admit where the blame for our position lies and are looking to blame others.

Coyle bought the players. Coyle picked the team. Coyle decided the tactics. Coyle has to take the responsibility for the chronic failure.

Posters often say 'Oh we have no money what can we do'. I'm not certain but I read somewhere that Gartside gets £500,000pa (more than twice as much as the Prime Minister) for being chair of BWFC, board meetings about 2hrs a week and Coyle pretty much the same, but at least the manager has to work at least four days a week.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum