Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

World Cup 2022 Predictions

+5
Hip Priest
Natasha Whittam
finlaymcdanger
Whitesince63
boltonbonce
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

12022 - World Cup 2022 Predictions Empty World Cup 2022 Predictions Wed Nov 16 2022, 17:22

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

With the World Cup kicking off on Sunday, it's time that we all got our predictions in.

With Nuts bragging rights at stake (no cash prizes unfortunately), let's find out who really knows their international football.

Which nation is taking home the trophy?

*Let's keep the politics out of this one. The tournament is happening.

22022 - World Cup 2022 Predictions Empty Re: World Cup 2022 Predictions Wed Nov 16 2022, 17:26

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I'm torn between Brazil, Argentina, France and Portugal... but I'm going to go for Argentina over Brazil because I think their defense will make the difference.

32022 - World Cup 2022 Predictions Empty Re: World Cup 2022 Predictions Wed Nov 16 2022, 17:46

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

42022 - World Cup 2022 Predictions Empty Re: World Cup 2022 Predictions Wed Nov 16 2022, 18:37

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I’ve got to go for France fin, not that I want them to win but I think they have the individuals to nick it but I do agree the Argies and Brazil do look strong again. Can’t see England doing better than getting out of the group although I think the USA could surprise a few and how often do we do well against the home teams? We should smash the Welsh but somehow I don’t suppose we will.

52022 - World Cup 2022 Predictions Empty Re: World Cup 2022 Predictions Wed Nov 16 2022, 18:52

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Whitesince63 wrote:I’ve got to go for France fin, not that I want them to win but I think they have the individuals to nick it but I do agree the Argies and Brazil do look strong again. Can’t see England doing better than getting out of the group although I think the USA could surprise a few and how often do we do well against the home teams? We should smash the Welsh but somehow I don’t suppose we will.

Yeah, France is a really good shout. I'd typically go for a European team too but have been swayed by the strength of the SA teams this time.

62022 - World Cup 2022 Predictions Empty Re: World Cup 2022 Predictions Wed Nov 16 2022, 20:27

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The heat will likely play a big part, so you'd expect the likes of Brazil to do well.

I do think England have the players to win the tournament, and if we had a Klopp or Arteta in charge I'd put money on it, but Southgate is far too negative to win the trophy.

72022 - World Cup 2022 Predictions Empty Re: World Cup 2022 Predictions Thu Nov 17 2022, 00:35

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I agree with Nat. England definitely have the players but definitely not the manager. France for me.

82022 - World Cup 2022 Predictions Empty Re: World Cup 2022 Predictions Thu Nov 17 2022, 23:40

Mad Dog

Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

I don’t agree at all that England have the players. The defence is really poor. Only Bellingham in midfield looks appealing. Foden and Kane are top players though but with Southgate as manager I see England having a poor tournament. Fingers crossed it will spell the end for Southgate, he’s not up to it as a manager. 
Brazil IMO have the best squad by a long way but their odds are not very appealing. I have a bet on Portugal at 18/1 but I’m not convinced they have enough quality in midfield. 
You can write off Germany, Spain, Belgium, England, Argentina and France. Don’t fancy them to do much. Holland and Denmark I think could be the strongest European teams.

92022 - World Cup 2022 Predictions Empty Re: World Cup 2022 Predictions Fri Nov 18 2022, 12:32

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

FIFA has confirmed concourse beer ban following pressure from the qatari royals.

here

102022 - World Cup 2022 Predictions Empty Re: World Cup 2022 Predictions Fri Nov 18 2022, 14:13

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Brazil or France for me.

112022 - World Cup 2022 Predictions Empty Re: World Cup 2022 Predictions Fri Nov 18 2022, 16:47

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

South American countries will have an advantage in the heat

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum