Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Monday Morning Predictions

+8
Dunkels King
largehat
xmiles
Bernard Dennis Park
aaron_bwfc
Reebok_Rebel
TheHateCamel
doffcocker
12 posters

Reply to topic

Will Coyle be unemployed by Monday night?

Monday Morning Predictions Vote_lcap4%Monday Morning Predictions Vote_rcap 4% [ 1 ]
Monday Morning Predictions Vote_lcap0%Monday Morning Predictions Vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Monday Morning Predictions Vote_lcap96%Monday Morning Predictions Vote_rcap 96% [ 22 ]
Total Votes : 23

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Monday Morning Predictions Empty Monday Morning Predictions Sat Sep 01 2012, 21:48

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

We've discussed what we want to happen with regards to Coyle but what do we think will happen?

His body language at the final whistle tells me he's a man that's given up. He seems to value the good relationship he has always had with the fans and the abuse will have hit him hard - will he want to get out now before it becomes a witch hunt? Or will Eddie Davies and Phil Gartside make the decision for him?

2Monday Morning Predictions Empty Re: Monday Morning Predictions Sat Sep 01 2012, 22:08

TheHateCamel

TheHateCamel
David Lee
David Lee

I'm hoping he walks and we can get on with the business of sorting out a new guy while the season's young.
If we look at the squad it's not bad at all but we need a man that can get them playing for each other, cos right now they look like they barely know each other tbh. There's no cohesion to the squad and I'm afraid Coyle is now proving to ne useless in providing any.

I was concerned when we appointed him that his record was actually pretty ropey. Burnley were on the slide and he left them before he had to try and steady them. Well the pattern repeated itself, good immediate impact, good atmosphere but then the ideas ran out and the results dried up and this time he he's had to stick at his job as no-one is going to offer him an escape route.

I've refrained from jumping to a knee jerk reaction but now I don't think I can hold a nuetral position anymore. The time has come and I'm aftaid he has to go.

3Monday Morning Predictions Empty Re: Monday Morning Predictions Sat Sep 01 2012, 22:13

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

The poll results are right...

We all know change will come to late...

We are really gonna struggle in this league under coyle.

4Monday Morning Predictions Empty Re: Monday Morning Predictions Sat Sep 01 2012, 22:16

Where is the "Coyle will finally wake up and realise what he is paid to do, we will come out and put 7 past Watford then walk the league" option?

5Monday Morning Predictions Empty Re: Monday Morning Predictions Sat Sep 01 2012, 22:41

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I can't see any changes being made so soon in the season even if it is the most obvious thing to do and the correct thing to do for the football club.

If gartside and the rest of the board look at the whole picture and not just this season then we may see ''coyle sacked'' on the back of the papers monday morning.

6Monday Morning Predictions Empty Re: Monday Morning Predictions Sat Sep 01 2012, 23:01

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

No way will he get sacked or quit for a good while yet imo.

7Monday Morning Predictions Empty Re: Monday Morning Predictions Sat Sep 01 2012, 23:40

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Bernard Dennis Park wrote:No way will he get sacked or quit for a good while yet imo.

Regrettable but true. Sad

8Monday Morning Predictions Empty Re: Monday Morning Predictions Sat Sep 01 2012, 23:45

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I think failing to beat Watford plus a poor performance will do it. Can you imagine the atmosphere at the final whistle if that happens? It will be vile.

9Monday Morning Predictions Empty Re: Monday Morning Predictions Sun Sep 02 2012, 07:45

Dunkels King

Dunkels King
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

The problem is that Watford are shit so we will win 2-1. We have to concede a goal because that is what we do best. That will push us up a few places to mid table and all of a sudden the blinkered board will be dreaming of going to Old Trafford again next season.

10Monday Morning Predictions Empty Re: Monday Morning Predictions Sun Sep 02 2012, 08:42

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I doubt the club can afford to sack Coyle and his family so I fully expect Coyle to stick around until at least Christmas.

11Monday Morning Predictions Empty Re: Monday Morning Predictions Sun Sep 02 2012, 09:29

We might beat Watford then we have 2 consecutive away games at Sheffield Wednesday and Birmingham, can't see us getting anything from them unless there is a drastic improvement.

12Monday Morning Predictions Empty Re: Monday Morning Predictions Sun Sep 02 2012, 10:24

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Going to be the same old, same old until someone at Reebok Ivory Towers realises something is drastically wrong with Coyle's management! But so far it has taken 18 months and they still haven't noticed so its going to be a long while yet!

Another way of looking at this, from a Bolton perspective....

Sam Allardyce win 41.24% (371 games in all competitions) - not bad considering the number of games
Sammy Lee win 21.43% (14 games in all competitions) - impressive for a first time manager
Gary Megson win 27.55% (98 games in all competittions) - pretty mediocre
Owen Coyle win 33.33% (120 games in all competitions) - very poor!

13Monday Morning Predictions Empty Re: Monday Morning Predictions Sun Sep 02 2012, 12:04

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

The bolton news makes for interesting reading, even the match report write seems to think the signs are there for coyle to be sacked.

SECTIONS of Wanderers fans called for Owen Coyle to leave his post as the club fell to a dire 3-1 defeat at the KC Stadium.

And though Coyle's side had chances to haul themselves back into the game, the chants of dis-satisfaction from the travelling support were clearly audible from behind Ben Amos's goal during spells of the second half.

The anti-Coyle chants continued after the final whistle, leaving the club potentially with a lot to think about heading into the international break.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

14Monday Morning Predictions Empty Re: Monday Morning Predictions Sun Sep 02 2012, 13:01

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm not sure that the fans dissatisfaction will count for much. If he goes it will because he has failed to meet agreed performance targets whatever they are. He'll know what he has to do.

15Monday Morning Predictions Empty Re: Monday Morning Predictions Sun Sep 02 2012, 13:08

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:I'm not sure that the fans dissatisfaction will count for much.

Where have you been for the last 20 years, fan power is EVERYTHING when it comes to managers.

Few managers survive once they have lost the fans.

16Monday Morning Predictions Empty Re: Monday Morning Predictions Sun Sep 02 2012, 14:10

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's a factor, but it isn't everything. Dissatisfied fans will cost the club eventually and that's important, but so are the other considerations like the cost of recruitment, the cost of compensation, and whether or not a longer timeframe to deliver has been agreed with OC in the first place. I think a lot of clubs who want rid of their manager use "the fans are dissatisfied" as an excuse to cover their real reasons and as a result, a lot of fans get the erroneous belief that wield more power than they actually have.

17Monday Morning Predictions Empty Re: Monday Morning Predictions Sun Sep 02 2012, 14:14

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote: and whether or not a longer timeframe to deliver has been agreed with OC in the first place.

I just don't see that as a factor at all. Even if they'd given him 3 years to turn the club around, after two years he has taken us backwards with absolutely no signs that he can reverse the decline.

Only a fool would think we'll be in the PL in 12 months.

18Monday Morning Predictions Empty Re: Monday Morning Predictions Sun Sep 02 2012, 14:15

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

three words.

"long term plan"

19Monday Morning Predictions Empty Re: Monday Morning Predictions Sun Sep 02 2012, 14:17

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

bwfc71 wrote:
Sam Allardyce win 41.24% (371 games in all competitions) - not bad considering the number of games
Sammy Lee win 21.43% (14 games in all competitions) - impressive for a first time manager
Gary Megson win 27.55% (98 games in all competittions) - pretty mediocre
Owen Coyle win 33.33% (120 games in all competitions) - very poor!

Hmm, the 'comments' at the end don't really match up to the percentages do they, Chris. How can 33.33% be very poor but 27.55% only be mediocre? How is 21.43% impressive in any way? Sammy Lee is, statistically, in the worst 10 managers in PL history.

20Monday Morning Predictions Empty Re: Monday Morning Predictions Sun Sep 02 2012, 14:18

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Yeah what i think he meant was.

BSA - Fantastic achievement.
Sammy Lee - wretched
Gary Megson - very poor
Owen Coyle - very poor.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic