Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Derby boss says there is more to come ahead of 'tough' Bolton trip

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Derby boss says there is more to come ahead of 'tough' Bolton trip 16280395

Derby boss Paul Warne reckons there is more to come from his side ahead of a “tough” trip to Wanderers.

The Rams are up to sixth in the League One table and just a point behind the Whites following a 4-0 win against Forest Green at the weekend.

Despite the emphatic scoreline, Warne says his side are capable of even more and hopes they can continue to climb the table over the Christmas period.

“I always want more,” he told the club’s YouTube channel. “I didn’t think we moved the ball quick enough in the first half. I didn’t think we had enough intensity in our play.

“Although we went in 2-0 up, I think we only really had three attempts first half. But we were clinical, and I’ve asked the lads to be clinical so I can’t complain.

“I just think there is more to this team and we need to try to get more out of them. Second half, we were in complete control and had complete dominance.”

Warne reported a clean bill of health ahead of their trip to the UniBol, which will be played inf ront of the TV cameras.

He added: “No injuries, that is the greatest joy that we can have a good week with them before a tough game at Bolton.

“We will have a full group to pick from hopefully if they don’t pick up anything in training.”

David McGoldrick scored a hat trick at the weekend and has found the net 10 times in total since the start of the campaign.

The experienced forward joined Derby over the summer after leaving Sheffield United, where he played in the Premier League.

“We said to him jokingly that if he’d played under us a few years ago, he’d have been a wealthy man,” Warne said.

“(We have done) nothing different, sometimes strikers hit really glorious form and he’s a really good finisher if he gets opportunities. But if we don’t get the ball in the box, he’s not going to get opportunities.

“On another day, someone else might have got more goals as well. But really pleased for Didsy, he works really hard and is reliable in tight areas.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum