Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Jerome on Luton Town exit and new Bolton challenge

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Jerome on Luton Town exit and new Bolton challenge 16429286

Cameron Jerome says leaving Luton was a “difficult” choice but is excited about what lies ahead at Wanderers.

The forward has already made a couple of appearances off the bench since his arrival at the University of Bolton Stadium.

Jerome only had positive things to say about his time at Kenilworth Road but insists it was the right time to move on.

The 36-year-old was part of the squad that made the play-offs last season and hopes they can go one step further this term.

“It is such a fantastic football club,” he told The Bolton News. “It was difficult in terms of leaving. There were one or two other things which I won’t delve into which were nothing to do with the club or myself.

“It was just personal things that accelerated it to happen now rather than the summer. It was a fantastic place to play football. The supporters were really good, really passionate about the team.

“I was in there with Nathan (Jones) to start with but when Rob came in, he just picked up the pieces from where Nathan had left them and the boys have kicked on even more.

“I watched their game the other night and it will be such a magnificent fairytale if Luton can get to where they got last year. It was a bit unlucky, we fell a bit short.

“I thought that was down to inexperience – we didn’t have people who had been there and done that in games of those magnitude. A little bit of luck in the second leg against Huddersfield and I believe we probably would have beaten Forest in the final.

“They are on a good path, they are on a great trajectory and I can’t speak highly enough of the players there and the people involved at the club. I am sure I will keep in touch with one or two familiar faces from down there.”

But Jerome refuses to dwell on the past and is determined to make an impact over the coming weeks and months as Ian Evatt’s men aim to keep climbing the table.

He added: “This is football. You move on and find yourself in an equally exciting challenge and a tough hunt for promotion in League One.

“It is something good to sink your teeth into and I am looking forward to being able to contribute in the latter part of the season.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum