Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Portsmouth boss makes Bolton claim after 3-1 win against Whites

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Portsmouth boss makes Bolton claim after 3-1 win against Whites 16504623

Portsmouth boss John Mousinho was delighted to overcome “one of the best sides in the league” following their 3-1 win against Wanderers at Fratton Park.

Dion Charles put the Whites in front early in the second half, slotting home from close range after Ricardo Santos had an effort blocked in front of goal.

But the home side hit back through Ryley Towler’s brace before Colby Bishop added a third during the final stages.

Mousinho was particularly pleased with his side’s response to going behind and says they “kept turning the screw”.

He told The Portsmouth News: “One of the pleasing things when we went 1-0 down was that we didn’t go under.

“All of a sudden, we were on top and kept turning the screw and kept on top of them, didn’t let up and that got us the goals.

“It got us the goals that eventually won us the game, we didn’t just settle with the equaliser, we got the second and third and looked to push for the fourth.

“This was two teams playing with a lot of energy, and we were up against one of the best sides in the league, it was tough for us at times, they made it very difficult, but we came through it.”

The result sees Wanderers miss an opportunity to close the gap to the sides above them in the League One promotion race.

“It was a really great night, a brilliant occasion. For 90 minutes I thought the performance was there,” Mousinho added.

“We conceded from a set-piece, and then about half-a-second later I heard the Fratton End going up with a huge amount of support, and that lifted me. That also clearly lifted the lads and gave us a massive boost.

“I think it was a reflection of what they had seen in the first-half. The boys are pressing, they’re putting everything in. A bit of a lack of quality in that first half but certainly what they want to see was passion and energy.

‘After we scored the equaliser, it was a memorable night, such an amazing atmosphere. That was reflected in what the crowd gave us and how much energy they put onto the pitch.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum