Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Portsmouth boss John Mousinho makes bold Dion Charles claim

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Portsmouth boss John Mousinho makes bold Dion Charles claim 16521014

Portsmouth boss John Mousinho reckons Wanderers forward Dion Charles is one of the best players in League One.

Charles has scored 18 goals in 40 appearances for the Whites since the start of the campaign and was on target at Fratton Park in midweek.

The Northern Ireland international has become an important member of Ian Evatt’s squad since his move from Accrington over a year ago.

Mousinho is an admirer of the striker and has been impressed with his prolific form since joining Wanderers.

He told The Portsmouth News: “I’ll go for a bit of recency bias and say Dion Charles is right up there in terms of centre-forwards.

“The fact that he scored against us – that’s fine. But he sort of had a quiet night apart from that and ended up coming off as a sub.

“I’ve always had an admiration for him and the way that he plays and what he’s done for Bolton this year. He’s one that stands out in my memory.”

Charles could be in action this weekend when Wanderers make the short trip to the Mazuma Stadium to take on Morecambe.

The Whites will be aiming to return to winning ways against the Shrimps and maintain their standing in the promotion race.

Evatt’s men are currently fourth in the League One table, but the gap to fifth-place Derby is now down to a couple of points.

Meanwhile, Morecambe find themselves in 20th place and are only above the relegation zone on goal difference at this stage.

The club has also faced issues off the pitch this season, and manager Derek Adams has called on the ownership to sort out a proposed takeover in order to bring much-needed investment to the first team.

Wanderers recorded a 1-0 victory when the sides met at the UniBol back in August, with Conor Bradley getting the decisive goal six minutes before the break.

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum