Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Confirmed: Wanderers will run matchday bus services in the 2023/24 season

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

**I can't for the life of me find the original thread to this so have added the update here**

Confirmed: Wanderers will run matchday bus services in the 2023/24 season 16713104

Wanderers have confirmed there WILL be a matchday bus service in place next season.

The club had considered shelving services to the University of Bolton Stadium after seeing numbers drop to the “low hundreds” in the last few months.

Several buses are supplied by the club for each matchday as part of an agreement first made when Wanderers moved from Burnden Park in 1997. Costs were estimated to be “tens of thousands” per season, and the operation was placed under review earlier this year.

That sparked an outcry among some supporters who rely on the bus services to attend matches from satellite towns around the area – but there now appears to be good news on the horizon.

The Bolton Wanderers Supporters Trust carried out a survey and assessment of current usage on a matchday, holding discussions with Transport for Greater Manchester alongside providers such as Go North West and Mobilityways.

Wanderers CEO Neil Hart also plans to speak with coach company Tyrers about future plans but confirmed to the Trust in a meeting earlier this month that there were plans in place for buses to run next season with details to be announced once finalised.

Source

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Cheers! I could have swore I posted in this thread at the time.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Confirmed: Wanderers will run matchday bus services in the 2023/24 season Bellends-bellends-everywhere

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum