Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Evatt confident there is still plenty more to come from Whites

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Evatt confident there is still plenty more to come from Whites 16255945

Ian Evatt believes there is still more to come from his Wanderers side after they secured a League One play-off spot.

The Whites beat Fleetwood 2-0 over the weekend thanks to a Promise Omochere own goal and Kyle Dempsey’s strike either side of half time.

Evatt’s men are now guaranteed to finish in the top six regardless of what happens against Bristol Rovers at the Memorial Stadium next weekend.

The Bolton boss is delighted with his side’s progress this season but insists they will keep working hard to improve.

Evatt also hailed his “outstanding” backroom staff and is grateful for the hard work they do behind the scenes.

“In five years as a manager I have had two promotions, a cup final win and now the play-offs,” he told The Bolton News.

“But I know there is still loads more to come from me, I am still learning and developing. I am far from the finished article.

“My staff have been absolutely outstanding. They don’t necessarily get the credit that they deserve.

“And the players have gone out there and – for all that we draw the outline of the picture – they have to go out there and paint it. They have done that for the majority of the season.

“For now, we are all happy but we know how this game works. If we don’t win the play-off games then we are probably out there to be criticised again. That is the nature of football and we don’t want that to happen.

“We want to get back to Wembley. That magical day we had a month ago now seems like a lifetime ago. It gave us a taste of it and we want to get back there for our fans.”

Wanderers are currently fifth in the table, which would see them face Barnsley in the play-off semi-finals.

However, Evatt’s men could also finish sixth depending on results on the final day which would see them take on Sheffield Wednesday instead.

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum