Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

B Team boss Craddock is pleased with pre-season progress

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

B Team boss Craddock is pleased with pre-season progress 16387581

B Team boss Matt Craddock is pleased with the progress his side has made ahead of the upcoming season.

The young Whites made it back-to-back wins following Saturday’s 5-2 victory at Atherton Colls. Finlay Lockett, Ben Andreucci, Leo Graham, Wes Frimpong and Luke Matheson were all on target at the Skuna Stadium.

Craddock’s side also overcame Longridge Town by the same scoreline at the Recycling Lives Ground last week.

“It was really encouraging,” he said. “We’ve been trying to make sure this is the step between the first team and the Academy and we need to make sure we’re professional, and Saturday was.

“It was demanding but they were really together, worked hard and were really disciplined out of possession.

“I’ve always said they’ve got quality and if they do the other things right, the quality comes out and you could see in the goals. There were some really good passages of play and patterns, and we looked really dangerous.”

The young Whites will now face a couple of Academy sides from Premier League and Championship clubs before kicking off the new season.

“I’m pleased the first three games have gone well for the lads and the tests will be different now,” Craddock continued.

“It will be very tactical and technical as well as physical. We’ve got some tough games but I’m confident in the lads.

“They’ve got real quality and I think if they continue the professionalism and hard work, they’ll be able to compete.”

Andreucci has now scored twice in as many games. The young forward joined Wanderers’ ranks this summer after leaving Leeds United.

Trevon Bryan, who was previously in Burnley’s youth ranks, has also scored a couple of fine strikes in pre-season.

Bryan played under former Bolton favourite Tony Philliskirk during his time in the Clarets’ Under-18 side.

Meanwhile, Charlie Hayes-Green has been involved in defence after ending a 13-year association with Liverpool to join Craddock’s squad.

Source

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

B team shaping up at last. Andreucci and the lad from Burnley seem like really good acquisitions and the team are playing in the same way as the first team.

All three goals in the win over Everton Academy in link below:

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum