Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

B Team will benefit from difficult situations, says Craddock

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

B Team will benefit from difficult situations, says Craddock 16387581

B Team boss Matt Craddock believes his squad is in a better place than last year and hopes they can push on in the coming weeks and months.

Craddock’s side kicked off their Central League campaign with a 2-0 defeat against an experienced Preston North End side at the Euxton training ground.

Josh Seary bagged a brace for the hosts while the likes of Ben Woodburn, Dai Cornell, Greg Cunningham, Patrick Bauer and Jack Whatmough also featured.

Craddock reckons the side will benefit from the experience and is keen to keep putting his players in “difficult situations” as they continue their development.

“That’s the variety of the games and it’s brilliant for the lads. It’s frustrating at times but that’s part of development,” he told the club website.

“We’ve had a really good games’ programme and played nine games already, which is probably five more than last season at this stage.

“I think we’re in a really good spot with the games’ programme. We just need to keep advancing it and keep putting the lads in these difficult situations, and they will be better for it all the time.”

Craddock is leading the B Team into its second season. The side was initially formed to build a bridge between youth football and the first-team picture at Wanderers.

“I thought in the first half we were very good and created some good chances when you would have liked to have worked the goalkeeper, if not scored,” the manager added.

“It you don’t take them eventually it does break down and if you’re up against strong side, like they had, and you don’t get a goal they will come back into the game.

“I thought we had the better first half and they had the better second half and made it count.

“To come up against that calibre of player and to come in at half-time, probably having the better chances at 0-0, I thought we had done well. But eventually the quality comes in and you tire and one mistake leads to a goal.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum