Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Wanderers appoint Craddock as first-team coach on permanent basis

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Wanderers appoint Craddock as first-team coach on permanent basis 17429975

Wanderers have confirmed the appointment of Matt Craddock as the club’s new first-team coach on a permanent basis.

Craddock took on the role in the interim following Sam Hird’s departure to take up a position at the Professional Footballers’ Association.

Hird had become a key figure behind the scenes since his arrival from Barrow in the summer of 2021 following promotion from League Two.

“It's been a process that has lasted since Sam left with some excellent applications made for the position, so this certainly hasn't just been the easy option,” said Ian Evatt.

“We've been extremely impressed with Matt and we want a culture where we promote from within. That's what we should stand for and he deserves this.

“He's taken to the position like a duck to water. He obviously had an advantage knowing the group and knowing he was going to fit culturally, but I've been really impressed with what he's done with the players and the information he helps me with.

“The relationship he has with the other staff is also hugely important and he deserves this appointment. We are delighted to have him.”

Craddock initially joined Wanderers as head of coaching in 2021 following spells with Preston North End and the FA.

The 39-year-old will now work alongside Evatt, assistant manager Pete Atherton and goalkeeping coach Matt Gilks.

He added: “I’m really pleased to have been given this opportunity and to join the first-team staff on a permanent basis.

“I have really enjoyed my involvement so far and am very grateful to the players, staff and manager, in particular, for their support in helping me become part of the coaching team and integrate into the role.

“I am looking forward to continuing to work with the players in implementing the coaching and development strategies we have in place and, hopefully, building on this excellent run the team is on.”

The club will confirm Craddock’s replacement in charge of the B Team in due course. Head of Academy Dave Gardiner has taken charge of the side in recent weeks.

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum