Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

2023/24 Final Position Predictions

+5
boltonbonce
wanderlust
Natasha Whittam
BoltonTillIDie
finlaymcdanger
9 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

12023/24 Final Position Predictions Empty 2023/24 Final Position Predictions Sat Aug 05 2023, 17:09

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Right, now that we’ve sampled a taste of things to come from the Wanderers and our competition, what are your predictions for our 2023/24 season finishing league position? Will we secure an automatic promotion spot, have to endure the play offs, or simply shit the bed? Your predictions please…

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think we’ll be the champions Smile
I thought, like the bookies, Derby would be up there too…
Barnsley battered Port Vale 7-0 will they be up there again?

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think we'll end up similar to last season, in 5th or 6th.

We don't have the strikers or ball winning midfielder to trouble the top 2.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Impossible to tell what team we'll have when the transfer window is done as Evatt still on the lookout for signings and there is rumour of other clubs interested in Santos.

First glance at the competition showed Barnsley looked strong (although PV capitulated so hard to tell) Derby battered Wigan and were unlucky not to win but Wigan still have a lot of Championship players and can't be written off, Charlton, Exeter and Pompey were fluent but nothing to fear - the rest looked average - but further signings for them could change that.

At this point I haven't seen anything to suggest that we can't make the automatics if we consistently play as well as we can and keep injuries to a minimum.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Think we'll finish first or second, but I still think I'd have a chance with Penelope Cruz, so make of that what you will.
Good effort yesterday, but there were a few instances where a better team would have punished us, but as first games go, I'm happy enough.
Champs or runners up for me.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Obviously being Bolton we will end up making things hard for ourselves!

Who knows what may happen over the course of nine months but we do seem to be a team that should be in contention over the season, so why not hope we do end up in the automatic promotion spots.

And if we do it might as well be as the Champions!

(Trivia - if we do go up then it will trigger FV paying 10% bonus on the £4.5m bond they issued as well as a £250,000 (iirc?) payment to Eddie Davies Trust - hope Sharon will have the £700k in her purse when the time comes (I assume the players will also have promotion bonuses in their contracts too?) - and a few bob more to strengthen the team to stay up in the Championship as well!).

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

After yesterday i think we are definitely play off bound and can finish top two. It depends on injuries but we seem to have a decent set of back up players as well.

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

TOP six, but unlikely to be top two.

Still lack  a top striker and  often look lightweight when it comes to a scrap.

Hopefully players to come in who  could make a difference.

Can we please get the fcuking ball forwards quickly.

I don't want to see Santos slowing things down.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Yes, I would say top six but not an automatic promotion spot. I am however hoping to be proved wrong! :pray:

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum