Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 1-0 Barrow - Pete Wild post match reaction

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bolton 1-0 Barrow - Pete Wild post match reaction 16077406

Barrow boss Pete Wild reckons his gameplan to disrupt Wanderers in the Carabao Cup very nearly paid off.

Surrendering 80 per cent of possession and the vast majority of territory, the Cumbrians protected their penalty box in number throughout the first round tie.

Zac Ashworth found a way through with a deflected free kick just before half time but there was still time for some nervous moments at the end of the second half when the Bluebirds threw men forward and peppered the Bolton box with a succession of long throws and crosses.

Wild was pleased with his players’ efforts, which very nearly proved enough to push the tie into a penalty shootout.

“This was a free hit,” he said after the final whistle. “It’s been a night out for the fans, good chance for players to play at a top League One ground, “Ultimately, I won’t be judged on what round of the Carabao Cup I get to. I will be judged on what we do in the league.

“Bolton are a top League One side. We watched them over the last couple of days what they do.

“We had a decision to make, come out and be blasé and come out and have a right go and leave yourself wide open.

“Or you can sit in, try and frustrate, keep in the game and have a go in the last fifteen minutes or so.

“The plan was to sit in and frustrate.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum