Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Cheltenham 0-3 Bolton

+5
boltonbonce
gloswhite
karlypants
Whitesince63
Natasha Whittam
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Cheltenham 0-3 Bolton Empty Cheltenham 0-3 Bolton Thu 10 Aug - 11:38

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Big game. Fixtures like this have always been our Achilles heel under Evans.

Will his refusal to sign a decent defensive midfielder be our undoing once again? Or perhaps we really are automatic promotion candidates and will win comfortably?

1-1 sounds about right.

2Cheltenham 0-3 Bolton Empty Re: Cheltenham 0-3 Bolton Thu 10 Aug - 15:26

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Well according to the Cheltenham fans they’ve been pretty awful in pre season and their two matches this year and both lost so it looks like a great time to play them. I’d say even better without Alfie May but of course he was missing last year and they still beat us 1-0!! We were poor that day by all accounts and I don’t think we can be that bad again? At the end of the day though if you don’t score you don’t win and we’re not exactly banging them in. We’ve had chances again, pretty simple ones but it still hasn’t gelled yet but I’m sure it will and hopefully that will be Saturday. I don’t see us slipping up this time so I’m going for a 2-0 win the Wanderers although it wouldn’t surprise me if it were double that.

3Cheltenham 0-3 Bolton Empty Re: Cheltenham 0-3 Bolton Thu 10 Aug - 15:47

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I can see another win with this game. Im going for a 1-2 to the Trotters!

4Cheltenham 0-3 Bolton Empty Re: Cheltenham 0-3 Bolton Fri 11 Aug - 10:07

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I think it wont be long before we click, and give a team a good kicking. This game could well be that opportunity.

There again, we all know that the team has a history of cocking it up when the result is usually a foregone conclusion in our favour.

We have to win, as there's one Cheltenham fan in particular, at work, that I'd like to see suffer.  Very Happy

5Cheltenham 0-3 Bolton Empty Re: Cheltenham 0-3 Bolton Fri 11 Aug - 15:51

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

gloswhite wrote:I think it wont be long before we click, and give a team a good kicking. This game could well be that opportunity.

There again, we all know that the team has a history of cocking it up when the result is usually a foregone conclusion in our favour.

We have to win, as there's one Cheltenham fan in particular, at work, that I'd like to see suffer.  Very Happy
As you say Glos we do have a habit of snatching defeat from what should be a simple victory but I’m thinking that this year it won’t happen and with the squad we have now we should comfortably defeat the likes of Cheltenham, especially in their current weaker position. Their fans aren’t at all confident and also fear a drubbing so although I’m normally wary on games like this I genuinely believe this will be our biggest win of the season so far but I’m not going to guess how many as it usually turns out I’m wrong.

6Cheltenham 0-3 Bolton Empty Re: Cheltenham 0-3 Bolton Fri 11 Aug - 16:17

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I wonder what’s happened to the pre match interviews…

7Cheltenham 0-3 Bolton Empty Re: Cheltenham 0-3 Bolton Fri 11 Aug - 16:24

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:I wonder what’s happened to the pre match interviews…

Just watched Evatt's pre match interview on Wanderers TV.

8Cheltenham 0-3 Bolton Empty Re: Cheltenham 0-3 Bolton Fri 11 Aug - 16:50

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:I wonder what’s happened to the pre match interviews…

Who cares, this is a forum (with adverts).

9Cheltenham 0-3 Bolton Empty Re: Cheltenham 0-3 Bolton Fri 11 Aug - 18:17

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

If we are going to finish in the top two for automatic promotion, then these are the games we have to win.

What is the point in having 70% of possesion, if we draw or are defeated by a fluke goal from the opposition.

I notice in the stats that we had three shots on goal in the Barrow game.

Can Santos please stop slowing the game down.

Please get the fcuking ball forward at speed and hopefully someone can get it in the net.

10Cheltenham 0-3 Bolton Empty Re: Cheltenham 0-3 Bolton Fri 11 Aug - 23:16

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Cajunboy wrote:If we are going to finish in the top two for automatic promotion, then these are the games we have to win.

What is the point in having 70% of possesion, if we draw or are defeated by a fluke goal from the opposition.

I notice in the stats that we had three shots on goal in the Barrow game.

Can Santos please stop slowing the game down.

Please get the fcuking ball forward at speed and hopefully someone can get it in the net.
Well according to IE Santos does it with his blessing, putting his foot on the ball draws the opposition onto him opening up space for us to exploit? No me neither Cajun, it’s utter claptrap. Moving the ball quickly is what creates chances not standing still with your foot on the ball because the opposition also stand still and consolidate their defences. I totally agree that if we’re to make the automatics games like this are must wins, otherwise they’re points lost. I thought L1 was weaker this year and although it’s early days I think it may be weaker still so winning games like this would give us a good head start. I’m expecting a comfortable win tomorrow and another clean sheet.

11Cheltenham 0-3 Bolton Empty Re: Cheltenham 0-3 Bolton Sat 12 Aug - 9:39

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ian Evatt:

“It’s only two games in. We’ve made a solid and we want to cement that on Saturday.

“We know exactly what we’re going into and we know exactly what’s required. It’s just down to our focus now to make sure we execute on the day.

“We’ve had spells there where we haven’t executed on the day. But you must remember we’ve won two of the last three games there. It’s not that much of a bogey ground. We’ve actually done okay there."

Cheltenham manager Wade Elliott:

"Bolton have had a very good start. They were excellent against Lincoln and 3-0 was a fair reflection.

“They played Barrow on Tuesday, made eight changes and it didn't really lessen the quality to be honest. We know Bolton from playing them for a few seasons now and they've always been very good.

“We won't look at last season's result as having any bearing on this one, but you know from history we are confident that if we are at it, we can give anyone a game.

“We are at home, we want to be playing the likes of Bolton Wanderers, so we'll be giving it a right good go.”

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

12Cheltenham 0-3 Bolton Empty Re: Cheltenham 0-3 Bolton Sat 12 Aug - 12:40

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

is the game on Wanderers TV? Just created an account but no link to a stream, only audio?

13Cheltenham 0-3 Bolton Empty Re: Cheltenham 0-3 Bolton Sat 12 Aug - 12:55

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:is the game on Wanderers TV? Just created an account but no link to a stream, only audio?
I engaged my VPN, bought an International video pass (£140), and I'm good to go for the season.

As long as I'm in Finland. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

14Cheltenham 0-3 Bolton Empty Re: Cheltenham 0-3 Bolton Sat 12 Aug - 13:23

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Presume it's because its a 3pm Saturday game, so looks like Radio Nuts for me.

15Cheltenham 0-3 Bolton Empty Re: Cheltenham 0-3 Bolton Sat 12 Aug - 13:32

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:Presume it's because its a 3pm Saturday game, so looks like Radio Nuts for me.
Things might be changing next season, but at the moment Saturday 3pm is sacrosanct for whatever reason.

I have to say though, for anyone really living overseas £140 for the whole season is a bargain. Mind you, it's £170 now the deadline passed last week.

16Cheltenham 0-3 Bolton Empty Re: Cheltenham 0-3 Bolton Sat 12 Aug - 14:22

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

17Cheltenham 0-3 Bolton Empty Re: Cheltenham 0-3 Bolton Sat 12 Aug - 14:51

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Radio Nuts is now live!

18Cheltenham 0-3 Bolton Empty Re: Cheltenham 0-3 Bolton Sat 12 Aug - 16:06

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Mr Pig, youre right. The only reason 3pm kick-offs are not shown is because the EFL stipulate it in the tv contracts.
However if your link is showing a foreign country, for example with a VPN, then you are automatically assumed to be residing in that country. This is the third season I've had access to all games. Used to be £10 a game, or 11 Euros, but this has now been taken over by Wanderers TV.
Of course, the real reason for the VPN is the security.

19Cheltenham 0-3 Bolton Empty Re: Cheltenham 0-3 Bolton Sat 12 Aug - 17:00

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

FT: Cheltenham 0-3 Bolton

Glos can finally go gloating to his mate now! Very Happy

Last edited by karlypants on Sat 12 Aug - 17:16; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Entered wrong score)

20Cheltenham 0-3 Bolton Empty Re: Cheltenham 0-3 Bolton Sat 12 Aug - 17:03

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I can, and I will !  Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum