Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sharon Brittan's ban threat to abusive fans

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sharon Brittan's ban threat to abusive fans 17166060

Sharon Brittan has warned that “vitriolic and personal” abuse directed at manager Ian Evatt and CEO Neil Hart could result in supporters being banned at Wanderers.

The Bolton chairman issued a statement on the club’s official website noting that a minority had recently overstepped the mark with their comments towards staff, online and in person.

Brittan – who this week celebrated four years since her consortium, Football Ventures, took the club out of administration - has asked supporters to “stand together as one” against unnecessary behaviour on all platforms.

A recent heavy defeat against Wigan Athletic and a draw at Burton Albion left the Whites in third spot in League One but performances in both games have attracted a level of criticism from sections of the support.

Evatt described some of the remarks made at the weekend as “outrageous” and has urged fans to stick with the team as they go into a key home clash with Derby County this weekend.

Brittain has now addressed the fanbase, appealing for a united front: “Yesterday marked four years to the day since Football Ventures became custodians of Bolton Wanderers Football Club.

“It has been an exhilarating journey which has brought promotion and a cup final victory at Wembley - and has put smiles on the faces of many thousands of Wanderers fans and helped to rebuild our status within the town and local community.

“It is journey that I am immensely proud to be a part of and sharing it with you all is a privilege.

“First and foremost, I want to express my heartfelt gratitude for the unwavering passion and dedication that you bring to the club. It is what makes Wanderers special and is invaluable in creating a vibrant atmosphere both home and away.

“However, sometimes, the passion that fuels our love for the game can lead to heightened emotions during matches.

“While these emotions are a natural part of the football experience, it is vital that they are channelled in a positive and respectful way, not only to your fellow supporters but also to the players, coaching, club staff and the CEO.

“Bolton Wanderers Football Club prides itself on being a family club and being the focal point of the Bolton family. After all, we are one club, one community, one town.

“It is with this spirit in mind, that I must address some recent issues that have been brought to my attention – instances of abusive language and behaviour directed towards the manager Ian Evatt and CEO Neil Hart, which are wholly unacceptable.

“While we understand that discussions and debates about team performance and decisions are a fundamental part of the game, it is important to remember that we have a team of talented professionals on and off the pitch who are working incredibly hard to place this famous club on an upwards trajectory.

“Don’t get me wrong, we welcome criticism where it is fair and constructive - as football is a subjective game - but when it crosses the line and becomes aggressive, vitriolic and personal then we will simply not accept it. It must stop!

“I wish to make it patently clear that such behaviour, whether in person, online or through any other platform, will result in action being taken by the club which may include an immediate ban.

“I completely understand that this applies only to a minority of supporters, but we need to stand together as one, be respectful to one another and put a stop to it.

“We will have ups and downs as the season progresses, this is the nature of our football journey, but please trust us and support us in the right way.

“Last year, the club launched our ‘OneWanderers Family’ campaign to ensure that anybody who visits the Toughsheet Community Stadium does so with their safety and comfort at the forefront of our thoughts.

“With that in mind, please continue to help us by sharing any information and reporting incidents of disorder via the dedicated number: 07542 850 902 (text or WhatsApp). See It. Report It. Stop It.

“Thank you for your understanding and I look forward to enjoying another exciting season with you all.”

Source

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Our fanbase are notoriously fickle and call for the head of Evatt after every defeat. Twitter is full of morons like that, not one braincell between them.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

How dare you call me a fickle.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Norpig wrote:Our fanbase are notoriously fickle and call for the head of Evatt after every defeat. Twitter is full of morons like that, not one braincell between them.

It's interesting that Neil Hart's name is included in this as well, which seems to suggest it isn't all about recent results on the football pitch.

Social media (not just Twitter) IS full of morons and their bile.

For instance ww (which let's face it is the biggest Wanderers forum around) has these views on Neil Hart on a dedicated thread of his own, that includes over 400 posts, most of which are publicly not complimentary towards him - you should see their views of him on other threads about asking people to report bad or racist behaviour, fans running on to the pitch, banning of fans, the bus service to and from the ground on match days and anything else they seem to have issues with.

Unfortunately that is what the norm is these days.

Nothing is going to change.

https://www.wanderersways.com/forum/topic/100295-neil-hart/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum