Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Let's get ready to tumble: Randell Williams ready for more goals at Wanderers

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Let's get ready to tumble: Randell Williams ready for more goals at Wanderers 17359164

Randell Williams wants to flip-out more often this season at Wanderers.

After wowing fans with his acrobatic celebration against Northampton Town, the wing-back hopes to pull out more party tricks in the League One promotion chase.

Williams had only managed one previous goal in Bolton colours, in the 5-0 rout against MK Dons in February, but he and fellow wide man Josh Dacres-Cogley have been given licence to roam by Ian Evatt, which he hopes will boost his numbers.

“I needed a goal,” he said. “I need to score more and it something I do work on every day.

“I think it is more about getting into the right positions, shots and crosses. The gaffer has given me and Cogs (Josh Dacres-Cogley) more freedom to get crosses in, get forward, and that was a great example.”

Williams tried his hand at a number of sports as a kid, including gymnastics, but he never fancied taking the sport up seriously because of the uniform.

“I was just bored as a kid – I wanted to do a bit of everything!” he said.

“I did loads of sports and gymnastics was one of them. I loved it and I always wanted to learn the flips.

“I didn’t compete, it was just something I liked doing. I didn’t really like the tights, if I’m being honest.

“I haven’t scored in ages, but you never lose it. Muscle memory and all that.”

Wanderers head to Wycombe on Tuesday night looking to record their first-ever victory at Adams Park.

The club has never previously scored at Adams Park but with a few players now back from injury and suspension, Ian Evatt has the option of rotating the team that struggled in the second half against Northampton.

“We’re positive, we have had a little break so it’s fresh minds and fresh legs, and we have got most of the boys back as well,” Williams said.

“If we rotate, we rotate. We have a good-sized squad and you probably can’t expect to play every single minute of every single game, especially with the new rules on added time. Anyone that plays, I back them. We have a squad I believe is good enough to win the league.

“Away from home can be tough but we have done it already this season, I don’t see why we can’t do it again.”

Saturday’s victory was not as comfortable as it looked like being when Williams and Dion Charles scored inside the first 16 minutes to open up a two-goal lead.

Sam Hoskins’ strike in the second half caused a few nervous flutters but the end result was all that mattered, said Williams.

“We were good in the first half and not-so-good in the second but the most important thing was that we got three points,” he added.

“We dominated so much of the ball in the first half I thought we would do the same in the second. They obviously changed system and we didn’t adapt to it well enough.

“It is important that we fight, no matter that situation presents itself, so I am delighted we got the result.

“We were really disappointed with the Carlisle result, no-one should come to our house and take three points, but we dug it out.

“The league is wide open at the minute, but we know where we want to be, we want to be in the top two,” he added. “We are capable of winning every game we play but it’s OK saying that, we need to do it.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum