Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

TEAM NEWS: Ian Evatt issues update ahead of Cup double header

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

TEAM NEWS: Ian Evatt issues update ahead of Cup double header 17413440

Wanderers have no fresh injury concerns ahead of their Cup double-header against Harrogate and Port Vale.

Randell Williams is back in contention after missing the past couple of games due to tendinopathy, and Ian Evatt confirmed the wing-back has come through training with no setbacks.

Zac Ashworth is also back available after getting more than an hour under his belt for the B Team in their 2-2 draw against Notts County earlier this week.

The West Brom loanee hasn’t featured at first-team level since the 3-1 defeat against Carlisle on October 7.

“We will pick a team that we think can win the game,” said the Bolton boss. “We hope that whatever team I pick will be strong enough to progress.

“We have got a really good squad of players who are all hungry to play and are taking it very seriously.”

He added: “It is not necessarily about rest and rotation, it is about what team I think is capable of winning this game of football.

“We have got 19 or 20 players where there isn’t really any drop-off between them all. It is just horses for courses, so to speak.

“We will look at the game, we will look at Tuesday and pick two teams we think are capable of winning both games.”

Wanderers enter the game in strong form, having won eight games on the spin prior to Tuesday night’s goalless draw at promotion rivals Oxford.

“I think the players are in a really good place,” Evatt explained. “Mentally, physically, technically and tactically, I think they are doing a lot of things right.

“The one thing I wish is that we can keep them all healthy, I think that is important for our season.

“Watching the game back from Tuesday, it was perceived they were better first half. I still think we had control, there was just a free kick which was an amazing save (by Nathan Baxter) and a transitional moment.

“Other than that, I don’t think they created a great deal. Second half, I thought we were excellent and should have won the game.

“That is why I think we all felt a little bit like it was two points dropped. The players, more than anyone, felt that. But that shows where their levels are at right now and that is the expectation they hold each other accountable to.

“It was another solid performance and hopefully we can carry on with that consistency.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum