Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

TEAM NEWS: Ian Evatt shares update on Dan Nlundulu recovery

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

TEAM NEWS: Ian Evatt shares update on Dan Nlundulu recovery 17550050

Dan Nlundulu is nearly ready to start his rehabilitation phase after having surgery to repair a torn hamstring.

The 24-year-old picked up the injury during the 2-0 win against Port Vale in the EFL Trophy last month.

Nlundulu had scored four goals in as many matches prior to the injury, including a brace against Harrogate.

“He has had his surgery, it was very successful,” said Bolton boss Ian Evatt. “He is out of his leg brace now but he is still on crutches for another week or so. Then his rehab will begin.

“If you speak to Dan, he is targeting being back for April. If you speak to the physios, they are pulling the reins in a little bit. The main thing for us is, mentally, he is in a much better place.

“He has been back in with us now and seeing his exuberant smile is always great for everyone, it lights up the room. It is very important he is back smiling again.”

George Johnston is the other long-term absentee in the Wanderers camp, but Evatt has no fresh injury problems ahead of Sunday’s trip to Luton.

When asked about the importance of the FA Cup, Evatt replied: “My view is this is ingrained into this sport and this country. Growing up, it was all about the FA Cup.

“I was born and raised in Coventry, my nanna and grandad used to take me to watch Coventry City and them winning the FA Cup in 1987 still lasts in the memory.

“It is a very special competition and everyone who loves this game should love the FA Cup.”

He added: “I have known Rob (Edwards) for a long time, we obviously played together for a number of years.

“He’s a really fantastic guy and we have almost started to become managers at a similar time. Rob has had a different journey to me but I am so happy for him and what he is doing at the moment.”

A replay could be on the cards if there is nothing to separate the sides after 90 minutes at Kenilworth Road.

“Don’t be talking about draws,” Evatt joked. “The condensed nature of the fixture list isn’t ideal as it is!

“I don’t think either team wants a draw, but obviously we would much prefer a draw to losing the game.”

Wanderers haven’t faced Luton in a competitive fixture since January 1997 and the Whites ran out 6-2 winners. John McGinlay was among the scorers that day.

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum