Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 1-1 Barnsley

+3
Whitesince63
karlypants
Sluffy
7 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Bolton 1-1 Barnsley Empty Bolton 1-1 Barnsley Sat Feb 03 2024, 12:33

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Well the transfer window is now over so we go with who we've got - meaning no Karl Henry type hardman to give the team a bit of steel and seeing Barnsley is next up, will that prove to be a big mistake?

As predicted by some (me!) playing key players in meaningless cup games have bit us in the bum with Santos, Toal and Ashworth all picking up avoidable injury's and causing Evatt to bring Taylor in on loan and looking to have to play Cogley as a centre back in todays game.

Barnsley surprisingly lost lost at home to Exeter the last time out bit before that had won three and drawn one which has put them into a play off spot.

Good game to win for both sides - lets hope it's us that does!

Anyone got any thoughts on our starting line up will be today?

2Bolton 1-1 Barnsley Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Barnsley Sat Feb 03 2024, 13:57

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Radio Nuts is now live!

3Bolton 1-1 Barnsley Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Barnsley Sat Feb 03 2024, 14:03

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

4Bolton 1-1 Barnsley Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Barnsley Sat Feb 03 2024, 14:28

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Glad to see IE sticking largely with the tried and trusted until the newbies have had a chance to fit into the system properly. No Cameron in the squad but I bet he’ll still be on the touch line shouting instructions. Come on you Whites this is a must win to push Barnsley back and keep us in the top two, especially with Pompey having a very winnable game.

5Bolton 1-1 Barnsley Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Barnsley Sat Feb 03 2024, 14:41

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The new lads will come on in the second half I hope 63 Smile

6Bolton 1-1 Barnsley Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Barnsley Sat Feb 03 2024, 16:27

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Now 1-1 ::bwfcfan::

7Bolton 1-1 Barnsley Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Barnsley Sat Feb 03 2024, 16:34

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

8Bolton 1-1 Barnsley Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Barnsley Sat Feb 03 2024, 18:38

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Lucky to get a point IMO.
They should have been out of sight at half time. What baffles me is you are getting caught at the back time after time but keep on doing it. For Christs sake hoof it up the park when the high press is on.  Dion & Vic can be on the bench for the next game, both rubbish again. Bod and Collins should be tried. Another thing that baffles is you see the ball control and better distribution from Bod the second he comes on but management can never see it. 
Anyhow I'll take the point but unconvinced about our quality against the better teams.
COYWM

9Bolton 1-1 Barnsley Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Barnsley Sun Feb 04 2024, 10:19

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It is highly frustrating this and I agree that Charles and Adeboyejo should be benched the next game.

It hasn't really been working the last few games and need to shake the starting 11 up a bit!

10Bolton 1-1 Barnsley Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Barnsley Sun Feb 04 2024, 14:47

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Despite recent poor performances I don’t think Charles should be benched. Victor yes, I’m afraid he’s just not suited to Evatt’s system, has no first touch, can’t hold the ball up and isn’t physically robust enough to unsettle defenders. Collins on the other hand looks every bit an Evatt player and should make a good partner for Dion who just looks so lacking in confidence. I’d like to see them start on Tuesday and hope that the foreign buyer returns and offers an acceptable amount for Victor who I actually think in a different system getting him in the box as at Burton, he could be much more effective.

11Bolton 1-1 Barnsley Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Barnsley Sun Feb 04 2024, 15:13

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whitesince63 wrote:Despite recent poor performances I don’t think Charles should be benched. Victor yes, I’m afraid he’s just not suited to Evatt’s system, has no first touch, can’t hold the ball up and isn’t physically robust enough to unsettle defenders. Collins on the other hand looks every bit an Evatt player and should make a good partner for Dion who just looks so lacking in confidence. I’d like to see them start on Tuesday and hope that the foreign buyer returns and offers an acceptable amount for Victor who I actually think in a different system getting him in the box as at Burton, he could be much more effective.
Pretty much agree. I certainly think Collins showed enough in the time he had on Saturday, to merit a start at Cambridge.

12Bolton 1-1 Barnsley Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Barnsley Mon Feb 05 2024, 11:56

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

After dropping two points on Saturday Bonce I think it’s essential we win tomorrow. This is one of the games in hand we’ve all been valuing but as is always said, points in the bag are better so it’s up to us to go and get them and recover second spot from Derby. Posh slipping up was a bonus which we now need to take advantage of and with hopefully a more settled defence with Gethin back and George replacing Maghoma in the middle, starting Dion and Collins up front is a must.

13Bolton 1-1 Barnsley Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Barnsley Mon Feb 05 2024, 12:23

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whitesince63 wrote:After dropping two points on Saturday Bonce I think it’s essential we win tomorrow. This is one of the games in hand we’ve all been valuing but as is always said, points in the bag are better so it’s up to us to go and get them and recover second spot from Derby. Posh slipping up was a bonus which we now need to take advantage of and with hopefully a more settled defence with Gethin back and George replacing Maghoma in the middle, starting Dion and Collins up front is a must.
This is where I start getting twitchy. As they always say. 'it's the hope that kills you'.

Top two is a must this season, because I just know we'd blow the playoffs.

I keep predicting wins every week, but it's just bravado. Top two lads, I don't mind being a runner up. Just spare me the horror of the payoffs. Please. :pray:

14Bolton 1-1 Barnsley Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Barnsley Mon Feb 05 2024, 12:56

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

One thing we all know is BWFC will do things the hard way - The games in hand will be a struggle. Just seems to be always like this. In the big picture if we end up in the playoffs we still have a decent chance. Lets see how tomorrow works out.
COYWM

15Bolton 1-1 Barnsley Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Barnsley Mon Feb 05 2024, 17:45

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Playoffs!

My nerves can't stand Barnsley yet again.

16Bolton 1-1 Barnsley Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Barnsley Tue Feb 06 2024, 07:55

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If that Turkish team still want Adeboyejo then get rid! He just isn't good enough, his first touch is terrible and his hold up play for a big man is very poor.

17Bolton 1-1 Barnsley Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Barnsley Tue Feb 06 2024, 12:09

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Norpig wrote:If that Turkish team still want Adeboyejo then get rid! He just isn't good enough, his first touch is terrible and his hold up play for a big man is very poor.
Unfortunately, I agree with you Norpig .... if we can recoup the 500k we paid or even make a small profit then move him on. Nothing against him personally seems like a nice lad but nowhere near good enough and Championship level?  - not close.  Cool

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum