Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Why Taylor didn't have to think twice about joining Wanderers

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Why Taylor didn't have to think twice about joining Wanderers 17730913

Caleb Taylor is no stranger to League One football, and it hasn’t taken the youngster long to settle in at Wanderers.

Taylor, who impressed during a loan spell with Cheltenham last season, joined the Whites on loan from West Brom on Deadline Day and came straight into the starting line-up against Barnsley.

The towering defender also started at Cambridge in midweek before the game fell victim to the torrential conditions at the Abbey Stadium.

“I think the lads are great, it feels like I have been here way longer than a week. I am really enjoying it, just not the weather,” he grinned.

“There were a few options throughout the window but West Brom wouldn’t let me out until they had their situation sorted.

“There were a few players at AFCON and they needed me as a back-up. It wasn’t until the end of January they would let me out.

“The night before the window shut, I got a call to say Bolton were interested. I said 100 per cent, yes. As soon as I heard they were interested, I was definitely coming.”

There are already a couple of familiar faces at Wanderers. Taylor came through the ranks with Zac Ashworth at the Hawthorns and also played alongside Dan Nlundulu at Cheltenham.

“Zac is here, who is one of my best mates,” the 21-year-old continued. “He already told me that the lads are great.

“Going out on loan last season also helped me because I had a bit more confidence and kind of knew what was going on. I felt good coming here.”

He added: “It has been difficult so far this season at West Brom. I was coming in at the start of the season with quite high hopes and felt like I was in a good place and my form was good.

“I thought that I would be given more of a chance, but it wasn’t until around December and January that I was given minutes, which I was still happy with to be playing in the Championship.

“But I thought it was time for me to get some regular games and West Brom also thought that it would be good for me.”

Wanderers' busy fixture list shows no sign of letting up, which suits Taylor to a tee as he aims to gain sharpness and keep improving his game.

However, the centre-back has never experienced anything quite like the events at Cambridge in his short career.

“I played in the West Brom game against Wolves game the other week, which was stopped in the 70th minute just as I was about to come on,” he recalled.

“We were all in the changing room, but we knew that we would come back out after about 20 minutes.

“As soon as we went in (at Cambridge) we were thinking, ‘If we are going in now, there is no chance the game is going to carry on’. It was so frustrating with all the fans travelling down.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum