Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Are Footballers families fair game?

+3
Reebok_Rebel
Reebok Trotter
Hipster_Nebula
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Are Footballers families fair game? Empty Are Footballers families fair game? Thu Nov 22 2012, 17:03

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I was scrolling through twitter the other day and i noticed in the #bwfc stream that Sordell was taking a bit of abuse.

Went to his feed and noticed he was sticking up for his girlfriend who had been called a "slag" and a "gold digger" by Bolton fans.

We've also seen Owen Coyles son subjected to abuse on twitter and similar stuff for Kevin Davies wife.

Honestly i think this is just extremely sad and embarrassing.

If you're a footballer and you're on twitter i think it's fair to expect you'll be treated to much the same kind of "banter" (abuse) you receive on the terraces. Within reason i think it's "fair game"

but why do their family need to be abused? I doubt these absolute cretins that dish out "ARD MAN" abuse behind a keyboard would like some random to call their girlfriend a slag, or their dad a **** with absolutely no provocation.

So, what do you think are footballers family fair game?

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bang out of order. Players wives, parents and immediate family should be off limits. The reason why a lot of footballers don't bother with Twitter is because of the abuse they get from cretins.

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Its out of order.

But the sad truth is that most girlfriends of footballers, work very hard to bag a footballer.

they may even shag a few before one of the footballers decides to make it a 'relationship'

so in that respect, they are all slags and golddiggers - they wouldn't be attracted to the guy if he was a plumber or had some other 'normal' job.

sorry but its true...

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

There are plenty of men with "normal" jobs who are also married or have a girlfriend.

so...

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

This is what is totally wrong about Twitter - people think they can abuse people, or families, and think they can get away with it. Sooner Twitter is outlawed the better.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If your idea is to "outlaw" anything that a minority use in a negative way you won't have many things left on earth.

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Hipster_Nebula wrote:There are plenty of men with "normal" jobs who are also married or have a girlfriend.

so...

Yes but they are married to normal girls.

For a wannabe wag, money is the main thing, most of them are a certain type - poor, pretty girls looking for a life of glamour.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I've little sympathy for Sordell, trouble seems to follow him wherever he goes.

I also have no sympathy for Emma Davies, she needs a proper slap for some of the things she's said.

In fact I have no sympathy for anyone on Twitter.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

But why does simply knowing or being related to a footballer mean it's ok to be abused?

10Are Footballers families fair game? Empty Re: Are Footballers families fair game? Thu Nov 22 2012, 19:31

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:But why does simply knowing or being related to a footballer mean it's ok to be abused?

Because they're overpaid ponces. Therefore anyone associated with them is a wannabee overpaid ponce.

11Are Footballers families fair game? Empty Re: Are Footballers families fair game? Thu Nov 22 2012, 19:34

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'll let you off because you don't seriously believe that guff.

12Are Footballers families fair game? Empty Re: Are Footballers families fair game? Thu Nov 22 2012, 19:35

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Nobody deserves to be abused on twitter or anywhere else for that matter.

It's not the twitterers that is the problem (or the wives or girlfriends) it is those that are abusive in responding to it.

If you don't like the person or what was said either report it or ignore it.

Seems like society and what is acceptable (or at least tolerable) to most people is where the problem is to me.

13Are Footballers families fair game? Empty Re: Are Footballers families fair game? Thu Nov 22 2012, 19:39

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:I'll let you off because you don't seriously believe that guff.

I believe that many footballers and their wives are scumbags - if they'e silly enough to have a Twitter account then they deserve everything they get.

Anyway, leave me alone, I'm busy sending abuse to Sordell & Ngog.

14Are Footballers families fair game? Empty Re: Are Footballers families fair game? Thu Nov 22 2012, 20:15

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Tell Ngog I called his brothers girlfriend a slag.

15Are Footballers families fair game? Empty Re: Are Footballers families fair game? Thu Nov 22 2012, 21:55

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Hipster_Nebula wrote:If your idea is to "outlaw" anything that a minority use in a negative way you won't have many things left on earth.

Many recent high profiler problems in the Uk such as Savile suggestions, McAlpine, other BBC problems and Footballers families being abused have all eminated from one place - Twitter. Twitter is the instant gossip whether true or false - its the hi-tech "Hello" of this world but there is no block on what is being tweeted.

I have a twitter account, very rarely use is and went on for the first time 6 months and all that I have received has been abuse from a certain poster on BA over the same period. I have ignore it, but some of it was bad - now if people are getting worse than what I am and there is no control then there should be only 1 course of action - close the system down!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum