Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Looking Back: Market Street looking towards the Market Place

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

thumbnail-IMG-1624

Here is a picture of Market Street with Pizzaland to the left and the Royal Bank of Scotland to the right. It was taken in 1996.

I used to frequent Pizzaland when it was open with my mum for lunch once a week and it was much better than what you would get these days at Pizza Hut!

It's a shame it didn't survive and the building has been various shops since.

Does anyone else remember going here?

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

If I remember correctly (and maybe I'm not), wasn't it a big bookshop at one time - if so I went in there.

Also wasn't there a child's early learning shop called ABC next door or so to it on Deansgate - I use to buy my daughter stuff from there when she was very little.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:If I remember correctly (and maybe I'm not), wasn't it a big bookshop at one time - if so I went in there.

Also wasn't there a child's early learning shop called ABC next door or so to it on Deansgate - I use to buy my daughter stuff from there when she was very little.

I’m not sure I recall the bookshop or not but there was the early learning centre just round the corner from Pizzaland. I used to go in there when I was a very young child.

They may have had an upstairs too if I remember correctly although I could be getting confused with boydells near the steam engine further up.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

karlypants wrote:
Sluffy wrote:If I remember correctly (and maybe I'm not), wasn't it a big bookshop at one time - if so I went in there.

I’m not sure I recall the bookshop or not but there was the early learning centre just round the corner from Pizzaland. I used to go in there when I was a very young child.

They may have had an upstairs too if I remember correctly although I could be getting confused with boydells near the steam engine further up.

There was a book shop somewhere around there but I don't think it lasted for long.

I couldn't quite remember if it was there or on the corner with Deansgate and Bridge Street, where the once was a Boots Chemist - the building is the one with the clock on it.

Boydell's did have an upstairs, and yes the shop was called the Early Learning Centre - I think I must have misremember the ABC bit from the ABC type blocks of their logo.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Yes, you are quite right!

IMG-1628

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum