Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Happy Lancashire Day

+4
karlypants
Natasha Whittam
boltonbonce
Copper Dragon
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21Happy Lancashire Day - Page 2 Empty Re: Happy Lancashire Day Sat Nov 28 2015, 00:25

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

y2johnny wrote:
karlypants wrote:
y2johnny wrote:We went to pine lake a few times in Carnforth when i was a kid and my mum had a caravan near there too a few years ago.  
Did you ever go to Frontierland or remember it on the front in Morcambe?

Yeah i seem to remember a bit of a fair. Made Southport look like blackpool though Smile
It was a wild western themed park with a few rides etc, I think at the time it was owned by the same people that owned Blackpool Pleasure Beach.

I remember that it had a polo mint sponsored observation capsule you could go in and just the tube was still standing the last time I went a couple of years back.

I doubt it is still there now.

22Happy Lancashire Day - Page 2 Empty Re: Happy Lancashire Day Sat Nov 28 2015, 08:07

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:

It's still there.

23Happy Lancashire Day - Page 2 Empty Re: Happy Lancashire Day Sat Nov 28 2015, 08:55

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I live in Ramsbottom- with a Bolton post code ,in one of the six towns that make up the Metropolitan borough of Bury, but I officially live in Lancashire and not Greater Manchester according to the electoral register.
 Makes me feel quite contented.

24Happy Lancashire Day - Page 2 Empty Re: Happy Lancashire Day Sat Nov 28 2015, 08:58

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

What's so good about Lancashire anyway?

25Happy Lancashire Day - Page 2 Empty Re: Happy Lancashire Day Sat Nov 28 2015, 09:02

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

scottjames30 wrote:What's so good about Lancashire anyway?

It's a proper County with 1000 years of history. Not a made up monstrosity like Greater Manchester which is a political joke to give more politicians overpaid jobs

26Happy Lancashire Day - Page 2 Empty Re: Happy Lancashire Day Sat Nov 28 2015, 09:06

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

rammywhite wrote:

It's a proper County with 1000 years of history. Not a made up monstrosity like Greater Manchester which is a political joke to give more politicians overpaid jobs

Does it actually make your life better or make you a better person living there?

It's just a name that means nothing.

Why not move to Jerusalem if you want history.

27Happy Lancashire Day - Page 2 Empty Re: Happy Lancashire Day Sat Nov 28 2015, 09:11

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

scottjames30 wrote:
rammywhite wrote:

Does it actually make your life better or make you a better person living there?

It certainly doesn't make me a better person- but it does make life better -if only because it's more rural- and they grit the roads much quicker and better than they do in GM when winter arrives.

And the names (both Ramsbottom and Lancashire) are loaded with meaning -Wikipedia will help you there)
Jerusalem- no thanks ,there's a bit too much bother going on there most of the time. And getting to the Macron for my punishment would be a problem. I'll stick to the County Palatine-thank you!

28Happy Lancashire Day - Page 2 Empty Re: Happy Lancashire Day Sat Nov 28 2015, 09:16

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

does anyone put Greater Manchester when they are asked for their address? I never have and never will

29Happy Lancashire Day - Page 2 Empty Re: Happy Lancashire Day Sat Nov 28 2015, 09:27

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

rammywhite wrote:
scottjames30 wrote:
rammywhite wrote:

It certainly doesn't make me a better person- but it does make life better -if only because it's more rural- and they grit the roads much quicker and better than they do in GM when winter arrives.

And the names (both Ramsbottom and Lancashire) are loaded with meaning -Wikipedia will help you there)
Jerusalem- no thanks ,there's a bit too much bother going on there most of the time. And getting to the Macron for my punishment would be a problem. I'll stick to the County Palatine-thank you!
:facepalm: Yeah because they are no rural places in Greater Manchester.

30Happy Lancashire Day - Page 2 Empty Re: Happy Lancashire Day Sat Nov 28 2015, 09:31

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

scottjames30 wrote:
rammywhite wrote:
scottjames30 wrote:
rammywhite wrote:

:facepalm: Yeah because they are no rural places in Greater Manchester.
Of course there are- but there are more in Lancashire.It's a bigger and greener county to live in

31Happy Lancashire Day - Page 2 Empty Re: Happy Lancashire Day Sat Nov 28 2015, 09:34

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The last lime i drove through Rammy, it was just like driving through Oldham, or any other town from Greater Manchester.

32Happy Lancashire Day - Page 2 Empty Re: Happy Lancashire Day Sat Nov 28 2015, 09:46

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

scottjames30 wrote:The last lime i drove through Rammy, it was just like driving through Oldham, or any other town from Greater Manchester.
Drive through it again- its much more salubrious and wealthy than it used to be- thanks to the M60 up the side of it.
See what copper dragon has done here- the interloper. He's making the happy family of Bolton Nuts a place of strife and dissonance!!
Lets call it a score draw.

33Happy Lancashire Day - Page 2 Empty Re: Happy Lancashire Day Sat Nov 28 2015, 09:48

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

rammywhite wrote:
scottjames30 wrote:The last lime i drove through Rammy, it was just like driving through Oldham, or any other town from Greater Manchester.
Drive through it again- its much more salubrious and wealthy than it used to be- thanks to the M60 up the side of it.
See what copper dragon has done here- the interloper. He's making the happy family of Bolton Nuts a place of strife and dissonance!!
Is that the one that runs through the council estate?

34Happy Lancashire Day - Page 2 Empty Re: Happy Lancashire Day Sat Nov 28 2015, 09:53

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

scottjames30 wrote:
rammywhite wrote:
That's the one- Dickybird estate (because all the streets are named after birds) ,but that's in Bury.Its as rough as you can get- it would give Breightmet a run for its money. The M66 is  on the east side of Ramsbottom- and its brought loads of money into the town. All the old mills are now expensive flats.

35Happy Lancashire Day - Page 2 Empty Re: Happy Lancashire Day Sat Nov 28 2015, 09:56

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

rammywhite wrote:
scottjames30 wrote:
rammywhite wrote:
That's the one- Dickybird estate (because all the streets are named after birds) ,but that's in Bury.Its as rough as you can get- it would give Breightmet a run for its money. The M66 is  on the east side of Ramsbottom- and its brought loads of money into the town. All the old mills are now expensive flats.
The council estate ( in Rammy) up the hill on your left I meant to say, is it Fir street?
The dogs walk round in threes there.Laughing

36Happy Lancashire Day - Page 2 Empty Re: Happy Lancashire Day Sat Nov 28 2015, 10:04

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

scottjames30 wrote:
rammywhite wrote:
scottjames30 wrote:
rammywhite wrote:
The council estate ( in Rammy) up the hill on your left I meant to say, is it Fir street?
The dogs walk round in threes there.Laughing
You're right-Fir street still exists- but we tend not to talk about it. The M66 bends slightly to avoid it. Its only a small estate though.

37Happy Lancashire Day - Page 2 Empty Re: Happy Lancashire Day Sat Nov 28 2015, 10:42

Norpig wrote:does anyone put Greater Manchester when they are asked for their address? I never have and never will

I even put salford Lancashire on my address. No wonder i get no post

38Happy Lancashire Day - Page 2 Empty Re: Happy Lancashire Day Sat Nov 28 2015, 20:21

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
karlypants wrote:

It's still there.
I know you are probably not interested but the mast which is now owned by the Morrisons just behind, they had a contract with a telecommunications company to use it as a phone mast until 2013.

39Happy Lancashire Day - Page 2 Empty Re: Happy Lancashire Day Sat Nov 28 2015, 20:31

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

:lazy:

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum