Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

West Ham to be given £580 million pounds of public money - Wtf!!!

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Looking almost certain now that they are going to get the revamped Olympic stadium - the value of the club will absolutely sky rocket.

I can see a sense in using the stadium rather than to let it rot - but it seems wrong to me that a club which isn't even the nearest to it (Orient is) will get a staggering advantage of what is in effect a new stadium for nothing.

Look how Liverpool have declined because it can't build a bigger stadium to compete with the revenue streams with the likes of the United's of this world, also how Arsenal basically stopped spending on the team whilst the Emirates was built and paid for.

City were given the Commonwealth stadium and that must have played a part in the Arabs decision to buy the club - yes I know money was nothing to them but they didn't have to go through years of planning and building a nice shinny stadium as a suitable home fir themselves.

The Sky money to the Premiership will rise a massive 60% next season - so with a new stadium and stupid money coming in from Sky (and don't forget the club is situated in London) it is odds on the some foreign billionaire will eventually buy the club as his play thing which will catapult West Ham in to the big time along with the likes of United, City and Chelsea as the new 'big four' English (and almost certainly into the Champion League) clubs.

I guess it is lucky for them and their fans but as a tax payer I don't see why I should pay my taxes so they can have a bit of good fortune.

Something about this impending deal doesn't sit right with me.

Story here -

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/20603585

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

It's too big for a football stadium IMO, well for a fan base of West hams stature anway. There is no way they will fill that every week.

Though if they come into the money you claim then no doubt a few glory hunters will jump on board.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think part of the deal is that they have to keep the athletics track. It's also been suggested that it will be used for concerts as well. I read somewhere that if West Ham get it then the seating capacity will be reduced from 80,000 to 60,000. West Ham reckon they have a waiting list for season ticket holders so I would imagine their average attendance will be about 42,000.

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I think Man Utd should move into it. They'd be much closer to their fanbase then....

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum