Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

A palace fans view on Dougie....

+5
xmiles
wanderlust
CEF
Reebok_Rebel
aaron_bwfc
9 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1A palace fans view on Dougie.... Empty A palace fans view on Dougie.... Fri Dec 07 2012, 14:08

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

A few interesting answers and it seems the rotation style he has been using isn't new to Freedman:-

What was he like at Palace for rotating his squad..?
Palace fans were never too sure how much was DF and how much was Lennie Lawrence influence. They would always rotate squads from Saturday to Tuesday etc so yes expect some rotation. However that is not always a bad thing if you have a good enough squad.

What's his transfer policy like..?
Credit to DF he made a lot of good signings but some are only now coming good. He signed Murray on a free and he wasn't great the first season but now he's scored 17 goals. Expect to sign lower league or out of favour players but don't be put off. Ipswich fans moaned about Delaney but we signed him (I think on a free) and went on an unbeaten run and he's one of the best players in our current team.

Does his signings pay off..?
Not at first but over time they will. He'll probably sign a couple of unknown players in Jan who will look poor but over the summer will transform into world beaters! Zaha was one of ours but DF made him a regular starter.

What was his style of play..?
He's very defensive so expect a lot of 0-0s or 1-0s. Holloway's first proper game in charge we won 5-0 and that would never happen with DF. Expect to see your team with 10 men behind the ball in the latter stages of the game. Too many 0-0s will test your patience!

Thanks to JA606 for letting me post the question and answers up on here.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by aaron_bwfc on Fri Dec 07 2012, 14:54; edited 2 times in total

2A palace fans view on Dougie.... Empty Re: A palace fans view on Dougie.... Fri Dec 07 2012, 14:19

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

you just stole this of 606! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

3A palace fans view on Dougie.... Empty Re: A palace fans view on Dougie.... Fri Dec 07 2012, 14:25

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Sue me! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

4A palace fans view on Dougie.... Empty Re: A palace fans view on Dougie.... Fri Dec 07 2012, 14:29

CEF

CEF
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Ja606 and Nuts have always shared posts Trigg. Loads of users on both.

5A palace fans view on Dougie.... Empty Re: A palace fans view on Dougie.... Fri Dec 07 2012, 14:31

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

CEF wrote:Ja606 and Nuts have always shared posts Trigg. Loads of users on both.

Aye, there good lads over there to be fair. Unlike other boards which I don't care to mention.

Share and share a like.

6A palace fans view on Dougie.... Empty Re: A palace fans view on Dougie.... Fri Dec 07 2012, 14:40

Still, if you're going to use something from another site, please credit that site.

7A palace fans view on Dougie.... Empty Re: A palace fans view on Dougie.... Fri Dec 07 2012, 14:52

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think we can already see DFs style coming through. I'm encouraged by the idea of getting lower league/unknown/out of favour players with development potential - that's how our better former managers built us up from the lower leagues with signings of unknowns like Eidur Gudjohnssen whilst Allardyce took on a load of "out of favour" players like Okocha. Bodes well for a sustainable development plan.

8A palace fans view on Dougie.... Empty Re: A palace fans view on Dougie.... Fri Dec 07 2012, 16:54

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

I found the answers quite encouraging. I have already given up on promotion this season, so if Dougie can build a team to get us promoted next season I would be happy.

9A palace fans view on Dougie.... Empty Re: A palace fans view on Dougie.... Fri Dec 07 2012, 16:56

I thought Dougie was going to get you instant promotion? Could he be the next Owen Coyle. I hope so!!

10A palace fans view on Dougie.... Empty Re: A palace fans view on Dougie.... Fri Dec 07 2012, 17:39

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Let's face it, it's a case of suck it and see.

I've heard people say "I'm confident Dougie's the man to take us forward" or words to that effect. Is that less stupid than saying "I think we've ballsed up again"?

There's very little basis as yet to form an opinion on his worth to Bolton. He's done an arguably less credible job in his single previous job as Coyle did at Burnley. He could be a genius, he could be a bigger lemon than Coyle. Only time will tell.

11A palace fans view on Dougie.... Empty Re: A palace fans view on Dougie.... Fri Dec 07 2012, 18:42

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:He could be a genius, he could be a bigger lemon than Coyle.

£50 on the latter.

12A palace fans view on Dougie.... Empty Re: A palace fans view on Dougie.... Fri Dec 07 2012, 18:56

Mallorca Trotter

Mallorca Trotter
David Lee
David Lee

That's a big chunk of a giro mate!!

13A palace fans view on Dougie.... Empty Re: A palace fans view on Dougie.... Sat Dec 08 2012, 09:52

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Bolton Hater wrote:I thought Dougie was going to get you instant promotion? Could he be the next Owen Coyle. I hope so!!

But at least he id doing a far better job than whatshisname (oh yeah, thats it, Berg) at Blackburn!
What was last night's score, again, 1-4 to Cardiff???
And Ewood could only muster 12,000 spectators - very poor show.

No shirt sponsor, heading south in the League and low turn-out of fans - couldn't happen to a better team!

14A palace fans view on Dougie.... Empty Re: A palace fans view on Dougie.... Sat Dec 08 2012, 11:04

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

CEF wrote:Ja606 and Nuts have always shared posts Trigg. Loads of users on both.

I know! I was only pissing around.

And u called me trigg! Very Happy ...how is life in the land of ja606? I bet rowbot is missing his fave poster!?

15A palace fans view on Dougie.... Empty Re: A palace fans view on Dougie.... Sat Dec 08 2012, 17:36

Mallorca Trotter

Mallorca Trotter
David Lee
David Lee

How come you totally disappeared Trig...?

You're like my first bird... Didn't realise I'd miss her till I dumped her...

Come say hello fella..... A negative article would actually cheer me up!!!! Wink

16A palace fans view on Dougie.... Empty Re: A palace fans view on Dougie.... Sun Dec 09 2012, 10:28

CEF

CEF
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Reebok_Rebel wrote:

I know! I was only pissing around.

And u called me trigg! Very Happy ...how is life in the land of ja606? I bet rowbot is missing his fave poster!?

I know you were messing. You changed your name to Trigger before you left, so that it why I called you it.

Ja606 is mixed at moment. Tbh, a bit of a battle for control going on. As MT says, you should pop back now and again to mix it up a bit.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum