Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Did Ferdinand Deserve It?

+11
Keegan
rammywhite
aaron_bwfc
Lyric Todkill
Sluffy
Mr Magoo
Reebok Trotter
Hipster_Nebula
Bernard Dennis Park
Sgt. Bash
Natasha Whittam
15 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Did Ferdinand Deserve It? Empty Did Ferdinand Deserve It? Sun Dec 09 2012, 18:11

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The Manchester derby today was a great game, I love matches with an edge....ones that could kick off at any minute.

For those that haven't seen it yet, United scored an injury time winner and went mental celebrating in front of the City fans behind the goal. Ferdinand got a coin in the face for his troubles and was left with blood streaming down his face.

But did he deserve it? Are you of the opinion that he deserves everything he gets for celebrating in front of the City fans, or do you condemn the City fan who threw it?

2Did Ferdinand Deserve It? Empty Re: Did Ferdinand Deserve It? Sun Dec 09 2012, 18:14

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

If you wind up the home fans within striking distance of them, you're certainly asking for trouble. Especially when it's a local derby. So in that sense, yes he did deserve it. Also, he's Rio Ferdinand, so he deserved it for that too.

3Did Ferdinand Deserve It? Empty Re: Did Ferdinand Deserve It? Sun Dec 09 2012, 18:15

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lt. Boon wrote:If you wind up the home fans within striking distance of them, you're certainly asking for trouble. Especially when it's a local derby. So in that sense, yes he did deserve it. Also, he's Rio Ferdinand, so he deserved it for that too.

I take your point, but what sort of "man" throws coins at other people?

4Did Ferdinand Deserve It? Empty Re: Did Ferdinand Deserve It? Sun Dec 09 2012, 18:16

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

It could've been a woman.

5Did Ferdinand Deserve It? Empty Re: Did Ferdinand Deserve It? Sun Dec 09 2012, 18:17

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bernard Dennis Park wrote:It could've been a woman.

True. Ok, so what sort of person's first instinct is to chuck a coin?

6Did Ferdinand Deserve It? Empty Re: Did Ferdinand Deserve It? Sun Dec 09 2012, 18:17

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He was infront of the UTD fans to be fair.

and no, no one deserves to be injured. But going to the opposing fans is silly.

7Did Ferdinand Deserve It? Empty Re: Did Ferdinand Deserve It? Sun Dec 09 2012, 18:19

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:He was infront of the UTD fans to be fair.

and no, no one deserves to be injured. But going to the opposing fans is silly.

So you're saying a United fan threw it?

8Did Ferdinand Deserve It? Empty Re: Did Ferdinand Deserve It? Sun Dec 09 2012, 18:19

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I doubt it, but he was infront of the UTD fans, the City fans were off to the side, i assume it came from there.

9Did Ferdinand Deserve It? Empty Re: Did Ferdinand Deserve It? Sun Dec 09 2012, 18:20

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I've actually been hit by coins at the football. First time was in the 90's at Derby during the cup game. The other time was at Wolves when Kevin Davies scored in the last minute. I'm guessing they didn't like me for some reason.

10Did Ferdinand Deserve It? Empty Re: Did Ferdinand Deserve It? Sun Dec 09 2012, 18:21

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:what sort of person's first instinct is to chuck a coin?

A pissed off football fan it would seem.

11Did Ferdinand Deserve It? Empty Re: Did Ferdinand Deserve It? Sun Dec 09 2012, 18:22

I once threw a coin at Ade Akinbiyi and missed. A steward caught me and handed me some more coins to have another go.

12Did Ferdinand Deserve It? Empty Re: Did Ferdinand Deserve It? Sun Dec 09 2012, 18:40

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Personally, I don't agree with it. You could end up blinding someone. Unacceptable in modern day sport.

13Did Ferdinand Deserve It? Empty Re: Did Ferdinand Deserve It? Sun Dec 09 2012, 19:13

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Its an absolute disgrace.

14Did Ferdinand Deserve It? Empty Re: Did Ferdinand Deserve It? Sun Dec 09 2012, 19:36

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Did Ferdinand Deserve It? _64663139_rio_ferdinand_getty

Did Ferdinand Deserve It? _64661918_64661917

Did Ferdinand Deserve It? _64659876_64659871

Ferdinand tweeted that he was hit by a 2p coin.

He tweeted: "Whoever threw that coin, what a shot! Can't believe it was a copper 2p... could have at least been a £1 coin!"

15Did Ferdinand Deserve It? Empty Re: Did Ferdinand Deserve It? Sun Dec 09 2012, 19:49

Lyric Todkill

Lyric Todkill
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Mr Magoo wrote:Its an absolute disgrace.

Nobody deserves that, but it doesn't mean that it isn't amusing

16Did Ferdinand Deserve It? Empty Re: Did Ferdinand Deserve It? Sun Dec 09 2012, 19:50

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I'm sure he'll be fine, he's managed to drag himself to the final of the xfactor anyway so he can't be that badly hurt.

17Did Ferdinand Deserve It? Empty Re: Did Ferdinand Deserve It? Sun Dec 09 2012, 19:53

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:Did Ferdinand Deserve It? _64663139_rio_ferdinand_getty

Did Ferdinand Deserve It? _64661918_64661917

Did Ferdinand Deserve It? _64659876_64659871

Ferdinand tweeted that he was hit by a 2p coin.

He tweeted: "Whoever threw that coin, what a shot! Can't believe it was a copper 2p... could have at least been a £1 coin!"

At least he was able to see the funny side.

18Did Ferdinand Deserve It? Empty Re: Did Ferdinand Deserve It? Sun Dec 09 2012, 22:30

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

There's no funny side to it. It was a disgrace. I hope that they find the brain-dead clown who did it and ban him for life

19Did Ferdinand Deserve It? Empty Re: Did Ferdinand Deserve It? Sun Dec 09 2012, 22:48

Lyric Todkill

Lyric Todkill
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

rammywhite wrote:There's no funny side to it. It was a disgrace. I hope that they find the brain-dead clown who did it and ban him for life

course it was funny

20Did Ferdinand Deserve It? Empty Re: Did Ferdinand Deserve It? Mon Dec 10 2012, 07:54

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Lyric Todkill wrote:
rammywhite wrote:There's no funny side to it. It was a disgrace. I hope that they find the brain-dead clown who did it and ban him for life

course it was funny

A centimetre lower and it could have taken his eye out. And that's funny is it? You must be warped

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum