Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Did Ferdinand Deserve It?

+11
Keegan
rammywhite
aaron_bwfc
Lyric Todkill
Sluffy
Mr Magoo
Reebok Trotter
Hipster_Nebula
Bernard Dennis Park
Sgt. Bash
Natasha Whittam
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21Did Ferdinand Deserve It? - Page 2 Empty Re: Did Ferdinand Deserve It? Mon Dec 10 2012, 09:01

Lyric Todkill

Lyric Todkill
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

rammywhite wrote:
Lyric Todkill wrote:
rammywhite wrote:There's no funny side to it. It was a disgrace. I hope that they find the brain-dead clown who did it and ban him for life

course it was funny

A centimetre lower and it could have taken his eye out. And that's funny is it? You must be warped

Ferdinand saw the funny side, why shouldn't we?

It didn't take his eye out

22Did Ferdinand Deserve It? - Page 2 Empty Re: Did Ferdinand Deserve It? Mon Dec 10 2012, 13:02

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

What sort of fig throws a 2p coin? Have some class, chuck a £2 coin.

23Did Ferdinand Deserve It? - Page 2 Empty Re: Did Ferdinand Deserve It? Mon Dec 10 2012, 18:20

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

He didn't deserve it. Nobody deserves to be hit in the face by a spineless coward who hides in a crowd. Be a man - step up to him and strike a blow and face the consequences. I didn't see a funny side then and I still don't - despite Ferdinand's tweet.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

24Did Ferdinand Deserve It? - Page 2 Empty Re: Did Ferdinand Deserve It? Mon Dec 10 2012, 18:52

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Gordon Taylor has been on the news tonight suggesting clubs should consider putting netting up at grounds to prevent a repeat of yesterdays events.

A complete knee jerk overreaction as far as I am concerned.

25Did Ferdinand Deserve It? - Page 2 Empty Re: Did Ferdinand Deserve It? Mon Dec 10 2012, 18:59

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11667/8322084/PFA-chief-Gordon-Taylor-calls-for-protective-netting-after-Rio-Ferdinand-hit-by-coin

Professional Footballers' Association chief executive Gordon Taylor has called for crowd control netting to protect players following trouble in Sunday's Manchester derby.

Manchester United's Rio Ferdinand was hit by a coin as he celebrated his side's late 3-2 win, while City goalkeeper Joe Hart had to step in to stop a man who ran onto the pitch towards the defender.

Taylor, speaking to Sky Sports News, said protective netting should now be a focus.

"It could have been a very serious injury to Rio Ferdinand so I think it's a real wake-up call to the football authorities, to the safety officers at grounds working with police and clubs, to try and prevent that happening," Taylor said.

"One option that's been talked about is netting in vulnerable areas: when a player's taking corners, behind the goal, or behind the managers' dugouts where the subsitutitions are.

"I think we've got to look at that seriously, so long as it doesn't affect vision, and of course nobody's talking about bringing fences back. Football is there to be enjoyed by the whole community."

City Apologise to Ferdinand

Greater Manchester Police confirmed on Monday that nine people had been charged in connection with the unrest at the Etihad Stadium.

Among the charges faced are racially aggravated public order and pitch encroachment.

Police are still investigating the coin incident, which left Ferdinand with a bloodied face.

The incidents were condemned by both football clubs, as well as FA chairman David Bernstein.

"What's happened is totally unacceptable, deplorable," Bernstein told Sky Sports News.

"To see Rio Ferdinand with blood on his face is absolutely terrible. It's sad to see such a fantastic match followed by these headlines.

"It's disturbing that we're seeing a recurrence of these sorts of incidents. We've had some racial abuse incidents, pitch incursions, things being thrown at players.

"It's very unacceptable. It's for the FA, the whole game of football, the authorities to work together and deal with it in a most severe manner.

"It's a social problem. I think there's a copycat thing, so it's important to bring matters to a head. We will do everything we can to stop this blot on the game."

26Did Ferdinand Deserve It? - Page 2 Empty Re: Did Ferdinand Deserve It? Mon Dec 10 2012, 19:24

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Here an idea, instead of netting how about iron rails holding back the fans???

I am sure iron railings won't hold fans back going to the pitch if there is a fire or overcrowding, due to police ineptness!!!

27Did Ferdinand Deserve It? - Page 2 Empty Re: Did Ferdinand Deserve It? Mon Dec 10 2012, 19:31

Lyric Todkill

Lyric Todkill
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Reebok Trotter wrote:Gordon Taylor has been on the news tonight suggesting clubs should consider putting netting up at grounds to prevent a repeat of yesterdays events.

A complete knee jerk overreaction as far as I am concerned.

Never the most balanced commentator

28Did Ferdinand Deserve It? - Page 2 Empty Re: Did Ferdinand Deserve It? Mon Dec 10 2012, 19:32

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

A first class toady as far as I am concerned. Way past his sell by date.

Treat fans like animals and they will behave like animals. They net wild animals not people. It would be like going back to the stone ages.

29Did Ferdinand Deserve It? - Page 2 Empty Re: Did Ferdinand Deserve It? Mon Dec 10 2012, 19:33

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I can't condone this stupid act, and I see the culprit hasn't owned up. Not only sneaky, but cowardly as well. Whoever it was, is a complete moron, so could be either a City or Utd 'fan'

30Did Ferdinand Deserve It? - Page 2 Empty Re: Did Ferdinand Deserve It? Tue Dec 11 2012, 11:06

jayjay23

jayjay23
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Nobody deserves it. Disgraceful. Life ban and fine. Minimum.

31Did Ferdinand Deserve It? - Page 2 Empty Re: Did Ferdinand Deserve It? Tue Dec 11 2012, 12:11

WhiteBic

WhiteBic
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I think the police will struggle to find the guilty person. Did you not see the amount of objects being thrown? There must have been dozens of coins, lighters etc on the pitch afterwards.

Talk of objects being thrown, can anyone here remember the Gary Neville meat pie incident in front of the paddock? At the time I thought that serves him right for celebrating infront of the home fans. What a waste of a perfectly good pie though?

Last edited by WhiteBic on Tue Dec 11 2012, 12:11; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum