Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Will You Laugh When HMV Goes Under?

+11
Banks of the Croal
BoltonTillIDie
doffcocker
Sgt. Bash
bwfc71
Bernard Dennis Park
aaron_bwfc
Reebok Trotter
Hipster_Nebula
Reebok_Rebel
Natasha Whittam
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

21Will You Laugh When HMV Goes Under? - Page 2 Empty Re: Will You Laugh When HMV Goes Under? Thu Dec 13 2012, 17:05

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:The odd bargain here and there aside, HMV are rip off merchants. What annoys me is the inconsistency. You'll see a really classy DVD or CD reasonably priced, then some utter trash on the shelf above at £20. It's as though the directors are on drugs.

I went in X Records last year and thought the price tags were barcodes. I hope they go out of business too.

I haven't been in X-Records for 10 years. In the 90's they were still high priced, but I could accept that in an independent. They were also very good at sourcing rare CDs and didn't charge any extra.

If they're still charging £15 for a CD then you're right, fuck em.

22Will You Laugh When HMV Goes Under? - Page 2 Empty Re: Will You Laugh When HMV Goes Under? Thu Dec 13 2012, 17:13

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
bwfc71 wrote:

And X-Records is fully staffed with 10, including the owner!

Bullshit. I know the owner, Mr X, and he has just e-mailed me to confirm they can take on 23 more staff:

I can take on 23 more staff. X.

Malcolm is a great bloke and unless he is opening up a new store then I know for a fact he cannot take any more - unless he sacks the current crew - which would then lead to unfair dismissals and send the company into bankruptcy!

23Will You Laugh When HMV Goes Under? - Page 2 Empty Re: Will You Laugh When HMV Goes Under? Thu Dec 13 2012, 17:29

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc71 wrote:

Malcolm is a great bloke and unless he is opening up a new store then I know for a fact he cannot take any more - unless he sacks the current crew - which would then lead to unfair dismissals and send the company into bankruptcy!

Who's Malcolm? I'm taling about the big cheese, Mr X. It's not called Malcolm Records.

24Will You Laugh When HMV Goes Under? - Page 2 Empty Re: Will You Laugh When HMV Goes Under? Thu Dec 13 2012, 17:58

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think he is referring to the guru himself.... Malcolm X ?

25Will You Laugh When HMV Goes Under? - Page 2 Empty Re: Will You Laugh When HMV Goes Under? Thu Dec 13 2012, 18:50

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Reebok Trotter wrote:I think he is referring to the guru himself.... Malcolm X ?

So, Natasha, you can only call him by Mr X!!! At least I have the privilege of calling him by his first name!

Never under estimate the power and influence I have in Bolton!!!

26Will You Laugh When HMV Goes Under? - Page 2 Empty Re: Will You Laugh When HMV Goes Under? Thu Dec 13 2012, 18:52

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You can get some bargains at HMV at times, if it went it would be no big deal though as I buy my DVDs online (if I buy them) and music is all done via downloads

27Will You Laugh When HMV Goes Under? - Page 2 Empty Re: Will You Laugh When HMV Goes Under? Thu Dec 13 2012, 18:56

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc71 wrote:

So, Natasha, you can only call him by Mr X!!! At least I have the privilege of calling him by his first name!

I just phoned him, he's never heard of you.

28Will You Laugh When HMV Goes Under? - Page 2 Empty Re: Will You Laugh When HMV Goes Under? Thu Dec 13 2012, 22:17

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
bwfc71 wrote:

I just phoned him, he's never heard of you.

Are you sure you got the right number?

His direct number is 01204 xxxxxx.

29Will You Laugh When HMV Goes Under? - Page 2 Empty Re: Will You Laugh When HMV Goes Under? Thu Dec 13 2012, 22:43

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Went through a phase of buying CD's of Vinyl albums i already had, thought their prices were reasonable.

Anybody remember Javelin records, with the Orange sleeve.

Another place in Blackpool they sold ex-jukebox singles 25p each or 5 for a pound, near the Tower.

Last edited by Banks of the Croal on Thu Dec 13 2012, 22:49; edited 1 time in total

30Will You Laugh When HMV Goes Under? - Page 2 Empty Re: Will You Laugh When HMV Goes Under? Thu Dec 13 2012, 22:45

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Banks of the Croal wrote:Another place in Blackpool they sold ex-jukebox singles 25p each or 5 for a pound, near the Tower.

There was a newsagents on Darwen Road in Bromley Cross that also did the same.

31Will You Laugh When HMV Goes Under? - Page 2 Empty Re: Will You Laugh When HMV Goes Under? Fri Dec 14 2012, 00:03

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

bwfc71 wrote:His direct number is 01204 xxxxxx.

Can a mod remove this please. I'm fed up with people posting my home phone number.

32Will You Laugh When HMV Goes Under? - Page 2 Empty Re: Will You Laugh When HMV Goes Under? Fri Dec 14 2012, 11:18

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bernard Dennis Park wrote:

Can a mod remove this please. I'm fed up with people posting my home phone number.

I keep ringing it but all I get is a husky sounding woman - is that you Bernie? I'd feel foolish if you turned out to be a woman pretending to be a man.

33Will You Laugh When HMV Goes Under? - Page 2 Empty Re: Will You Laugh When HMV Goes Under? Fri Dec 14 2012, 11:39

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Do you mean to say that Malcolm is actually Bernie, and who could actually be....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-20708017

34Will You Laugh When HMV Goes Under? - Page 2 Empty Re: Will You Laugh When HMV Goes Under? Fri Dec 14 2012, 12:14

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc71 wrote:Do you mean to say that Malcolm is actually Bernie, and who could actually be....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-20708017

What are you talking about you idiot? I phoned Bernie's home number and got through to a woman. Not some Malcolm bloke.

35Will You Laugh When HMV Goes Under? - Page 2 Empty Re: Will You Laugh When HMV Goes Under? Fri Dec 14 2012, 12:46

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

And that proves you didn't read the link!!!

36Will You Laugh When HMV Goes Under? - Page 2 Empty Re: Will You Laugh When HMV Goes Under? Fri Dec 14 2012, 13:02

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc71 wrote:

His direct number is 01204 xxxxxx.

Ha ha, I can't believe a mod removed the number for the massage parlour.

37Will You Laugh When HMV Goes Under? - Page 2 Empty Re: Will You Laugh When HMV Goes Under? Fri Dec 14 2012, 15:02

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

The mods listen to my demands.

38Will You Laugh When HMV Goes Under? - Page 2 Empty Re: Will You Laugh When HMV Goes Under? Sat Dec 15 2012, 23:35

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

It is sad what is happening to the high streets, it's amazing how quickly things are changing - for the worse.
But I do agree with Nat - hmv and woolworths were the same - they charged the most dear rates possible. Remember woolworths pick and mix - like 3 quid for 9 sweets and their games, music and videos always really expensive, people no longer bothered. Same with hmv. This is why amazon is so well loved, people feel they are value for money and not being ripped off.
I wouldn't ever shop in hmv, I know most others wouldn't either. But it is worrying more and more unemployed.
Technology like conputers becoming so advanced and the internet is great but it is getting rid of so many jobs.

39Will You Laugh When HMV Goes Under? - Page 2 Empty Re: Will You Laugh When HMV Goes Under? Sat Dec 15 2012, 23:44

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

No, I thought you were mean't to be a business woman? Large companies doing down like HMV is not a good thing..

Another shop less in the already desolate Bolton, and throughout the country.

40Will You Laugh When HMV Goes Under? - Page 2 Empty Re: Will You Laugh When HMV Goes Under? Sun Dec 16 2012, 09:06

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lofty_Love wrote:No, I thought you were mean't to be a business woman? Large companies doing down like HMV is not a good thing..

Another shop less in the already desolate Bolton, and throughout the country.

This wasn't a thread about great business sense, it was simply a personal opinion on a personal level. HMV shafted customers for many years and now it's coming back to bite them on the arse.

I have sympathy for the staff, but not the company.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum