Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Murray christmas.

+6
doffcocker
Culcheth_White
Sluffy
Reebok Trotter
JonnyRandom
Boggersbelief
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Murray christmas. Empty Murray christmas. Thu Dec 20 2012, 21:50

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Apparently both us and Aston villa are interested in the lad from palace. And he's available for as little as one million.

If palace do decide to sell, I can't see him choosing what could be his only crack at the top flight over us. (he's 29)

With 20 goals in 18 games he's definitely the goalscorer we need but I am not fussed if we don't get him, I think we should be going for someone about more exciting. He won't repeat this kind of form again IMO. What do you lot think? Agree that we should be aiming higher or do you think he'd fire us to promotion..

Last edited by Boggersbelief on Thu Dec 20 2012, 22:29; edited 1 time in total

2Murray christmas. Empty Re: Murray christmas. Thu Dec 20 2012, 21:55

Can't imagine Villa are actually interested to be fair, and surely Palace won't be selling?

How much you think he'd cost? £3million maybe? Bet Dougie won't have much more than that to spend all window. Can't see it happening and if it did it's a bit of a risk.

3Murray christmas. Empty Re: Murray christmas. Thu Dec 20 2012, 21:56

JonnyRandom

JonnyRandom
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I think he would be a temporary solution. If he carries on scoring then Brilliant but IF (big if) we got promoted i think he would be our second striker or lower in the prem.

I quite happy with temporary solutions if they work and it pays off in the long run

Last edited by JonnyRandom on Thu Dec 20 2012, 21:57; edited 1 time in total

4Murray christmas. Empty Re: Murray christmas. Thu Dec 20 2012, 21:56

Just saw you said he'd cost 1 million, I should read posts better.

5Murray christmas. Empty Re: Murray christmas. Thu Dec 20 2012, 22:00

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Dougie will know if he is worth it or not. Odd that Holloway wants to offload him in January especially considering Zaha is likely to be touted to the highest bidder.

6Murray christmas. Empty Re: Murray christmas. Thu Dec 20 2012, 22:08

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Doubt there is anything in all in this.

Think about it - Palace who have a decent chance of getting promoted want to sell their top goal scorer for a measly £1 million?

He's the top scorer on our division and as scored more goals this season than even Charlie Austin!

I think this came out of a tweet I read a few days back suggesting we swap Sordell for him, being that Sordell apparently wants to get back to London and Freedman had originally signed Murray whilst at Palace.

I dare say that if this rumour did have any legs it would cost more than £1 million for Palace to part with Murray (or they must be bloody hard up financially)

7Murray christmas. Empty Re: Murray christmas. Thu Dec 20 2012, 22:16

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Maybe we could do a part-ex by throwing Sordell in as a sweetener?

8Murray christmas. Empty Re: Murray christmas. Thu Dec 20 2012, 22:19

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I very much doubt Palace would be willing to sell one of their best assets, considering the current league position that they are in at the moment.

Dougie signed Murray from Rochdale and he's been pretty impressive in this division and he plays the lone striker, which Dougie prefers, £1 million would be a snip IMO.

9Murray christmas. Empty Re: Murray christmas. Thu Dec 20 2012, 22:19

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I remember his performance against us at the Reebok well. It struck me how clever he was - held up and laid the ball off very neatly. I've had a feeling he'd end up here since Freedman came in.

I can't imagine him in the Premiership nor am I satisfied that he has the sting our front line is crying out for. I wouldn't complain over £1m mind.

10Murray christmas. Empty Re: Murray christmas. Thu Dec 20 2012, 22:31

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Who would you like Dougie to buy Doffcocker ?

11Murray christmas. Empty Re: Murray christmas. Thu Dec 20 2012, 23:17

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Reebok Trotter wrote:Who would you like Dougie to buy Doffcocker ?

I'd like to see more imagination at the club in terms of player recruitment. The vast majority of signings in recent years have been fairly obvious. We've spent good money on players from English clubs of a quality that we might have bought from overseas for half the price, with a reasonable scouting system.

It's difficult to pinpoint what needs bringing in baring in mind various uncertainties. I think we lack energy in central midfield only if Holden was to return in similar form to that in which he left, this problem is solved without the need for a signing. I also think we need somebody up front with speed and trickery, only if Ngog can begin to produce the way he did against Cardiff and Charlton, this becomes another area we needn't spend on.

12Murray christmas. Empty Re: Murray christmas. Fri Dec 21 2012, 07:58

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:

With 20 goals in 18 games he's definitely the goalscorer we need but I am not fussed if we don't get him, I think we should be going for someone about more exciting. He won't repeat this kind of form again IMO.

:facepalm:

So you don't want a stiker who scores a goal a game because he's not sexy enough? Who should we sign then? Jordan? Kate Middleton? Tom Cruise? :facepalm:

And you don't think he'll repeat this scoring feat even though you've never seen him play? :facepalm:

13Murray christmas. Empty Re: Murray christmas. Fri Dec 21 2012, 10:05

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Boggersbelief wrote:

With 20 goals in 18 games he's definitely the goalscorer we need but I am not fussed if we don't get him, I think we should be going for someone about more exciting. He won't repeat this kind of form again IMO.

So you don't want a stiker who scores a goal a game because he's not sexy enough? Who should we sign then? Jordan? Kate Middleton? Tom Cruise? :facepalm:

And you don't think he'll repeat this scoring feat even though you've never seen him play? :facepalm:

I said exciting not sexy.

I don't need to see much of a player that has never played top flight football at 29, to know that he isn't very good.

14Murray christmas. Empty Re: Murray christmas. Fri Dec 21 2012, 10:38

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Boggersbelief wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:
Boggersbelief wrote:

I don't need to see much of a player that has never played top flight football at 29, to know that he isn't very good.

Grant Holt?

15Murray christmas. Empty Re: Murray christmas. Fri Dec 21 2012, 10:47

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He's a poor mans Kevin Davies. Not the skillful pacey goalscorer we need

16Murray christmas. Empty Re: Murray christmas. Fri Dec 21 2012, 10:48

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Boggersbelief wrote:He's a poor mans Kevin Davies. Not the skillful pacey goalscorer we need

Hes good enough for the Prem thought and wasn't in it until he was 29, just saying becuase their old and haven't played in the prem doesn't mean they are crap.

I'm not saying I want him, hes a twat.

17Murray christmas. Empty Re: Murray christmas. Fri Dec 21 2012, 11:26

Ricky Lambert?

18Murray christmas. Empty Re: Murray christmas. Fri Dec 21 2012, 11:38

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:

WUM.

A goal a game striker isn't exciting? There are few things better in my book.

19Murray christmas. Empty Re: Murray christmas. Fri Dec 21 2012, 12:37

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:I'd like to see more imagination at the club in terms of player recruitment. The vast majority of signings in recent years have been fairly obvious. We've spent good money on players from English clubs of a quality that we might have bought from overseas for half the price, with a reasonable scouting system.

It's difficult to pinpoint what needs bringing in baring in mind various uncertainties. I think we lack energy in central midfield only if Holden was to return in similar form to that in which he left, this problem is solved without the need for a signing. I also think we need somebody up front with speed and trickery, only if Ngog can begin to produce the way he did against Cardiff and Charlton, this becomes another area we needn't spend on.

I think Dougie and Lennie will know what is required. As you say, If Ngog starts scoring more often we might not need another striker. We could always recall Tom Eaves if necessary.

20Murray christmas. Empty Re: Murray christmas. Fri Dec 21 2012, 12:43

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Eaves is doing well at Bristol, scored a few goals and apparantly is thought very highly of there. Ok it's only league 2 but at least he's scoring goals.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum