Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Scott Sellars Avoids Prison

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Scott Sellars Avoids Prison Empty Scott Sellars Avoids Prison Thu Jan 10 2013, 20:19

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ex-Bolton wide-boy Scott Sellars has avoided prison for killing a motorcyclist, the judge gave him a suspended sentence and 300 hours community service.

Now I was a big fan of Sellars when he played for Bolton, who can forget his winning goal at Maine Road to win the league, but the tosser had flown in from Dubai and rather than stop at a hotel he decided to drive home even though he admitted he was tired.

He didn't mean to kill anyone, but he still did, isn't a 6 month suspended sentence a bit lenient? Is there a difference between driving when tired and driving when pissed? Both can kill innocent people.

2Scott Sellars Avoids Prison Empty Re: Scott Sellars Avoids Prison Thu Jan 10 2013, 20:39

Scott Sellars deserves prison just for signing for Bolton. Once a Blackburn legend, now just a leg-end.

3Scott Sellars Avoids Prison Empty Re: Scott Sellars Avoids Prison Fri Jan 11 2013, 00:12

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:Is there a difference between driving when tired and driving when pissed?

Yes.. if your telling me you've never driven whilst tired then you either have a ridiculously easy life, can't drive, or your lying

4Scott Sellars Avoids Prison Empty Re: Scott Sellars Avoids Prison Fri Jan 11 2013, 06:42

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

It is a tough one. Had Sellars been drunk and killed this man he would be doing porridge for ten years. If he was so tired then he is just as dangerous on the road as a drunk driver, maybe even more dangerous.
Had Sellars been a responsible man he would have had a sleep first, and maybe if he did that then that man would still be alive today.

To be honest, if i fell asleep at the wheel and killed someone I would feel like I would be going to prison for that.

5Scott Sellars Avoids Prison Empty Re: Scott Sellars Avoids Prison Fri Jan 11 2013, 08:22

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lofty_Love wrote:

Yes.. if your telling me you've never driven whilst tired then you either have a ridiculously easy life, can't drive, or your lying

There's a difference between being tired and knowing you haven't slept in 36 hours.

6Scott Sellars Avoids Prison Empty Re: Scott Sellars Avoids Prison Fri Jan 11 2013, 12:53

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I haven't read the story but i think we've probably all driven when tired.

There is a difference between being tired and being at that stage where you can't keep your eyes open.

If i was struggling to stay awake i'd be pulling over ASAP.

7Scott Sellars Avoids Prison Empty Re: Scott Sellars Avoids Prison Fri Jan 11 2013, 13:42

summercummings

Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

Hipster_Nebula wrote:I haven't read the story but i think we've probably all driven when tired.

There is a difference between being tired and being at that stage where you can't keep your eyes open.

If i was struggling to stay awake i'd be pulling over ASAP.

Agree with this. We all know when we shouldn't be driving. A lot of us would do the same as Sellars, but it doesn't make it right. He should have gone to prison.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum