Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

We're in this together.

+6
Soul Kitchen
xmiles
NickFazer
Sluffy
Bernard Dennis Park
Reebok Trotter
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1We're in this together. Empty We're in this together. Tue Jan 15 2013, 18:35

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It has been announced today that Theresa May, the Home Secretary, has rubber stamped the reduction in salary for new police recruits by £4,000 per annum.

Currently, new recruits have a starting salary of £23,000 per annum but from April it will be reduced to £19,000 per annum.

£19,000 per annum for working 24 hour shifts and dealing with the dross and dregs of society on a daily basis is a bloody insult. Footballers earning more in a week than coppers earn in a year.

I can't see many young men and women choosing the old bill as a career while they are being paid peanuts.

Seeing as Cameron is quick to tell us that we are all in it together, I wonder if all our MP's will take a £4,000 pay cut to support the coppers?

When the shit hit the fan in our towns and cities last summer they praised the coppers for their efforts and this is how they reward them ?

2We're in this together. Empty Re: We're in this together. Tue Jan 15 2013, 18:47

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Overpaid wankers imo.

3We're in this together. Empty Re: We're in this together. Tue Jan 15 2013, 18:54

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bernard Dennis Park wrote:Overpaid wankers imo.

I have no doubt that some of them are but would you do the job for £19,000 a year ?

Mobile Scarecrows are on the same money and they have no responsibility whatsoever.

If you pay peanuts you get monkeys.

4We're in this together. Empty Re: We're in this together. Tue Jan 15 2013, 19:00

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Don't worry we are letting in the Bulgarians and Romanians this year - I'm sure they will snap up these jobs!

5We're in this together. Empty Re: We're in this together. Tue Jan 15 2013, 19:09

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Pay freezes are one thing but cutting over 20% of salary is another. If they get away with this it will be the thin end of the wedge, expect the same across all the public sector, nurses and firemen.

6We're in this together. Empty Re: We're in this together. Tue Jan 15 2013, 19:21

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

They have also announced that teachers pay will be paid on competency! So if you are unlucky enough to teach in a downtrodden school on a sink estate where attendance levels are poor and truancy is high all you have to look forward to is less pay.

They have got away with it where the coppers are concerned because they know they can't go on strike.

When all the other public services go on strike they will expect the coppers to pick up the pieces and take all the shite.

It's a funny old game.

7We're in this together. Empty Re: We're in this together. Tue Jan 15 2013, 19:42

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Of course they have reduced taxes on the rich, encourage tax avoidance by multinational companies and do nothing to make millionaire non-doms pay more than a pittance for living in the UK. So it's not all bad. Rolling Eyes

8We're in this together. Empty Re: We're in this together. Tue Jan 15 2013, 19:44

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Reebok Trotter wrote:I have no doubt that some of them are but would you do the job for £19,000 a year ?

I wouldn't do it for £190,000 a year tbh.

9We're in this together. Empty Re: We're in this together. Tue Jan 15 2013, 20:01

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bernard Dennis Park wrote:

I wouldn't do it for £190,000 a year tbh.

I can see them struggling to find recruits on such a low wage.

10We're in this together. Empty Re: We're in this together. Tue Jan 15 2013, 20:12

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

They are not recruiting at the mo RT, as I have been reliably informed by people who have been trying to get in. You have to do 20 years in the "plastics" before you even get a sniff!

11We're in this together. Empty Re: We're in this together. Tue Jan 15 2013, 20:34

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We will end up with more plastics than real ones at this rate.

12We're in this together. Empty Re: We're in this together. Tue Jan 15 2013, 21:29

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Sluffy wrote:Don't worry we are letting in the Bulgarians and Romanians this year - I'm sure they will snap up these jobs!

To be fair this is a none starter!!!!! How much history is there between us and Bulgaia & Romania???? If anything those countries are closer to the Germanic speaking countries than ourselves and as such there will not be an influx as the Daily Fail and many other scaremongering press says!!!

Only reason Poles came over, in the numbers, was because of teh closeness between the two countries. But think back to the 1980's - how many English people went into Germany and neighbouring countries for work - how is that any different???

How many Slovaks, Croatians, Hungarians, Czechs came over when they opened the borders???? Not many, due to the fact they are more closely "related" to the Germanic countries.

Also, everyone knows how much work there is in the UK (i.e. very little) and that they are toghening up the so-called easy-to-get benefits - so would they really want to come to the UK at this present moment in time?

Rant over.....

Ok the starting salary has been reduced - but the Government knows they can do it to the police as they are legally not allowed to strike or work-to-rule!!!

Hidden amongst that controversey is that teachers are not to get an annual pay rise but will get rises that are based on class-room performances (performance related pay) - basically the better the grades the better the pay-rise (and then cue that education is dumbing down!!!)

Also hidden away is the fact that MP's want to vote on a 33% increase of their own pay!!!

We are definitely all in it together!!!

::seething2::

13We're in this together. Empty Re: We're in this together. Tue Jan 15 2013, 21:47

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Don't forget that the government impose quotas on the public services. Under equal opportunities they are obliged to recruit from ethnic minorities. As long as they can speak Engrish they are entitled to apply.

Last edited by Reebok Trotter on Tue Jan 15 2013, 21:57; edited 1 time in total

14We're in this together. Empty Re: We're in this together. Tue Jan 15 2013, 21:54

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

You may find this of some interest Chris -

"...in a Westminster Hall debate earlier this month, Tory MP Philip Hollobone went further, claiming the number of Romanians and Bulgarians in the UK could jump from 155,000 to 425,000.

He based his estimates on shocking figures which showed the number of Eastern Europeans already living in Britain is equal to 1.5 per cent of the population of their homelands.

The astonishing revelation effectively means that one in every 67 citizens of eight former communist nations has moved here.

Poland, the Czech Republic, Hungary, Slovakia, Lithuania, Latvia, Slovenia and Estonia all joined the EU in 2004 – giving them unrestricted access to the UK’s labour market.

Since then, the number of immigrants from these ‘A8’ nations, which have 73million people between them, has rocketed from just 94,000 to 1,079,000.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2261705/Government-figure-people-come-UK-Bulgaria-Romania-wont-tell-rest-us.html#ixzz2I5EsyMvW

15We're in this together. Empty Re: We're in this together. Tue Jan 15 2013, 22:05

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

All this we're all in this together shite, what a load of Bollox.

Cameron and his fucking Cronies should tell the truth and say .

You fuckers are all in it together but me and the likes of me continue get by quite nicely... what a prat Evil or Very Mad

16We're in this together. Empty Re: We're in this together. Tue Jan 15 2013, 22:10

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

This is how ridiculous things are. About 10 years ago, maybe longer, GMP were told by the government that they were under subscribed in terms of ethnic minority staff and female officers.

They spent 1 million on a recruitment drive to try and encourage ethnic minorities to join the force. Part of the money went to asking serving officers if they knew anyone from ethnic backgrounds who they could suggest and nominate as being suitable for the police. Included in this recruitment drive were any members from the gay or lesbian community.

Any serving copper who could introduce a candidate and get them to attend an interview at their training college at Sedgley Park in Manchester would be rewarded with £50.

The whole recruitment campaign was a total unmitigated disaster and failed miserably but because it was foisted on them by the government, they had to show willing.

The reality is, that you can't make people join the police unless they wish to, regardless of background, ethnicity or sexual persuasion.

What it did highlight however, is that there WERE vacancies within the police. A number of white, heterosexual males including a number of ex squaddies did apply but because they didn't fit the remit they were discounted.

Negative discrimination at it's finest.

It's a funny old game.

One upshot of all this gerrymandering was the case of one interesting recruit who got through the selection process and the lengths that certain people went to, to try and show willing.

17We're in this together. Empty Re: We're in this together. Tue Jan 15 2013, 22:16

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I honestly do not take anything that the Daily Fail says as gospel. They have exaggerated the truth too many times and the scaremongering they have done previously, and still do, just doesn't become reality.

If anything they are prepared to get the British people very xenophobic over our European neighbours, why? Is it to destablise the EU - and yet the EU has done a hell of a lot of good for us, which doesn't get mentioned. If we left the EU who would we have to blame for things going wrong - and believe me it still would go wrong???

I actually cannot see those numbers coming here, which are being banded about - there are no jobs, no money, and tough times - they will end up in Germany where the economy is better than our and there are actually more jobs than here.

Out of the Poles that have been counted - how many of tehm came over during the between war years, how many came over after WW2, how many came over during the USSR occupation - and how many came over before the gates opened in 2004. Also how many have returned (the Polish economy is in a much better state than ours and more jobs as well)?

People, no matter of what nationality, go to where the jobs are - I did the same and so do many millions of British each year. You just have to look on TV at certain programmes, such as "Wanted: Down Under" and its ilk to see than migration also happens outwards. But that is never mentioned in teh scaremongering press? why? Even the official government figures, of late last year, show a dramatic drop in people coming to live work and be educated in the UK!! (although everyone knows figures and stats can be change to suit ones beliefs) - but an overall picture has to be viewed.

Again apologies for teh rant - I am pro EU, but I also know they make mistakes and stupid blunders but also believe they have done much good for our lives!!!

18We're in this together. Empty Re: We're in this together. Tue Jan 15 2013, 22:21

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The way I see it is that a large number of people from other EU member states ( especially eastern Europe ) come here because of our NHS and benefits system.

Personally, if it was me I would prefer to go and live in Italy or Portugal or Spain, where it is a lot warmer but I doubt they are quite as forthcoming when it comes to shelling out for our European neighbours.

19We're in this together. Empty Re: We're in this together. Tue Jan 15 2013, 22:24

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

But our benefits are nowhere near as good as they used to be - with all the new rules that are coming in within the next couple of years. NHS is no good as most trusts are basically running on empty and cannot cope with the extra workload and as such would be over-stretched and "mistakes" will be made.

20We're in this together. Empty Re: We're in this together. Tue Jan 15 2013, 22:28

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

bwfc71 wrote:I honestly do not take anything that the Daily Fail says as gospel.

It's not the Daily Mail who are quoting the figures though - they are from a MP and I assume therefore are official statistics.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum