Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Marlon King - Worth a punt?

+8
Sgt. Bash
LeedsWanderer
Hipster_Nebula
wanderlust
Reebok Trotter
terenceanne
Copper Dragon
aaron_bwfc
12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Marlon King - Worth a punt? Empty Marlon King - Worth a punt? Mon Jan 21 2013, 11:13

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Sky Sports understands that Marlon King is one of a host of Birmingham's players told they can find new clubs, due to Blues' financial situation.

The 32-year-old, who has scored over 30 goals since he joined Birmingham in 2011 from Midlands rivals Coventry City, is currently top-scorer for the club.

But Birmingham are struggling hugely financially and are understood to have told a number of players that if they find a new club they would be able to leave.

And Sky Sports understands that King could leave on a free transfer, despite having 18 months left on his current deal.

While King is settled at St Andrew's and is happy, a host of clubs have been alerted to the fact he could be available.

Former club Wigan, Norwich, Cardiff, Blackburn, Bolton and Nottingham Forest are thought to be monitoring his situation.

Along with King is it thought that the futures of big names such as Jack Butland, Nathan Redmond, Chris Burke and Nikola Zigic are very much up in the air.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

2Marlon King - Worth a punt? Empty Re: Marlon King - Worth a punt? Mon Jan 21 2013, 11:58

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

What he is rhymes with punt.

3Marlon King - Worth a punt? Empty Re: Marlon King - Worth a punt? Mon Jan 21 2013, 12:50

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Bring him on ....we can have five strikers on the bench....that will be somat to see.

4Marlon King - Worth a punt? Empty Re: Marlon King - Worth a punt? Mon Jan 21 2013, 13:20

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Horrible, horrible man. Punches women in the face in nightclubs because they spurn his lecherous advances. We are a family club, no room for his sort whatsoever.

5Marlon King - Worth a punt? Empty Re: Marlon King - Worth a punt? Mon Jan 21 2013, 14:33

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We have 9 strikers on our books competing for one place and the rare occasion we play two at a time. We could get rid of 5 of them and spend all the money on one decent striker - and still have more strikers than we need. Time to substitute quantity for quality on the striker front - and Marlon King, apart from being a twat, is not at the level of quality needed to significantly improve what he have.

6Marlon King - Worth a punt? Empty Re: Marlon King - Worth a punt? Mon Jan 21 2013, 14:49

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

God i hope not.

7Marlon King - Worth a punt? Empty Re: Marlon King - Worth a punt? Mon Jan 21 2013, 15:30

LeedsWanderer

David Lee
David Lee

Right Im not happy with this, The guy as been convicted of sexual
assault and actual bodily harm, Why the hell would anyone want this guy
at a club. Evil or Very Mad

8Marlon King - Worth a punt? Empty Re: Marlon King - Worth a punt? Mon Jan 21 2013, 16:13

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Didn't he convert to islam when he was in the nick?

9Marlon King - Worth a punt? Empty Re: Marlon King - Worth a punt? Mon Jan 21 2013, 16:23

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He's better than anything we have - for those of you that disagree look at his scoring record compared to our muppets.

But we could sign Messi and Dougie would still pick Kevin Davies.

10Marlon King - Worth a punt? Empty Re: Marlon King - Worth a punt? Mon Jan 21 2013, 16:31

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

As reebok trotter said, there's no room for people like him at our club.

11Marlon King - Worth a punt? Empty Re: Marlon King - Worth a punt? Mon Jan 21 2013, 16:38

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:As reebok trotter said, there's no room for people like him at our club.

Racist.

12Marlon King - Worth a punt? Empty Re: Marlon King - Worth a punt? Mon Jan 21 2013, 16:50

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Boggersbelief wrote:As reebok trotter said, there's no room for people like him at our club.

Racist.

RT didn't say anything that was racist, I was just basically agreeing with him.

Try again Wink

13Marlon King - Worth a punt? Empty Re: Marlon King - Worth a punt? Mon Jan 21 2013, 16:51

Natasha Whittam wrote:
But we could sign Messi and Dougie would still pick Kevin Davies.

For all you know Kevin Davies is better than Messi.

14Marlon King - Worth a punt? Empty Re: Marlon King - Worth a punt? Mon Jan 21 2013, 16:52

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm only interested in signing better players, Marlon King is one.

So he hit some bird, he's done his time, I'm guessing most of you on here have hit a woman at some point in your life.

15Marlon King - Worth a punt? Empty Re: Marlon King - Worth a punt? Mon Jan 21 2013, 16:54

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'd hit you.

16Marlon King - Worth a punt? Empty Re: Marlon King - Worth a punt? Mon Jan 21 2013, 16:55

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:I'd hit you.

You'd try, but you'd end up eating dirt.

17Marlon King - Worth a punt? Empty Re: Marlon King - Worth a punt? Mon Jan 21 2013, 16:56

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

If he scores goals for us all will be forgiven I assure you.

Although I'm not thrilled with a 32 year old ....that's still 4 years younger than SKD

It's all rumor anyhow, let's wait and see.

18Marlon King - Worth a punt? Empty Re: Marlon King - Worth a punt? Mon Jan 21 2013, 16:57

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'll get marlon to do it, then we'll see if you still want to sign him.

19Marlon King - Worth a punt? Empty Re: Marlon King - Worth a punt? Mon Jan 21 2013, 16:59

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:I'll get marlon to do it, then we'll see if you still want to sign him.

I don't remember anyone complaining when we signed Dean Holdsworth.

20Marlon King - Worth a punt? Empty Re: Marlon King - Worth a punt? Mon Jan 21 2013, 17:00

Thought you were desperate to see Sordell given a chance?

This would push him further down the pecking order.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum