Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Prince Harry the killer!

+3
Lofty_Love
Sgt. Bash
Sluffy
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Prince Harry the killer! Empty Prince Harry the killer! Mon Jan 21 2013, 23:10

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I'm in two minds about this.

Prince Harry has just finished a stint in Afghanistan and when asked by the press had he killed anyone he said this -

"Yeah, so lots of people have. The squadron's been out here. Everyone's fired a certain amount," he said.

"If there's people trying to do bad stuff to our guys, then we'll take them out of the game."

Now fair play to him putting his life on the line and at the end of the day he only did what any other serving man out there would do but wouldn't it have been a great deal more sensible if he had dodged the question in the first place?

Can't see it looking very good to the many Muslim nutters out there that the second in line to the thrown (and our potential future King) is holding his hand up to popping off a number of his Islamic 'brothers'!

Wonder if someone will order a fatwa or something against him - Salman Rushdie style?

Full story here -

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-21119727

Oh and just for fun! -

Prince Harry the killer! Charlesharry

2Prince Harry the killer! Empty Re: Prince Harry the killer! Mon Jan 21 2013, 23:12

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Sluffy wrote:

Oh and just for fun! -

Prince Harry the killer! Charlesharry

This looks like a job for.... Jeremy Kyle!!!

3Prince Harry the killer! Empty Re: Prince Harry the killer! Tue Jan 22 2013, 00:31

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Hes in the army and flys an Apache.

Of course hes going to have killed people.

He shouldn't hide it because of fear of nutters. Im pretty sure they hated him already anyway.

4Prince Harry the killer! Empty Re: Prince Harry the killer! Tue Jan 22 2013, 09:23

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Even before his 1st Tour of Duty the extreme Muslim farternity already denounced Prince Henry and given the chance would try to kill him - its nothing new!!!

Henry is doing his job and if that means sshooting at people and killing them, then so be it.

5Prince Harry the killer! Empty Re: Prince Harry the killer! Tue Jan 22 2013, 14:27

Alf Hooker

David Lee
David Lee

I'd rather have a pint with H. than his brother.

6Prince Harry the killer! Empty Re: Prince Harry the killer! Tue Jan 22 2013, 17:46

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Sluffy, he's the navigator/gunner of one of the most effective killing machines ever put onto the battlefield. How could he not kill people? I personally look at it from the point of view that, one of our royals is prepared to step up to the plate, actually putting his own life on the line, to protect his countrymen against an illegal terrorist group. Good luck to him, firstly for carrying out his duty, secondly for speaking out, and not hiding behind empty words, when a few whinging shits feel it is more important not to 'offend' someone, rather than reduce the number of deaths of our own forces.

7Prince Harry the killer! Empty Re: Prince Harry the killer! Tue Jan 22 2013, 18:29

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think both Harry and William have handled themselves really well since the death of their mother. Both are working and earning a living so I see no reason why they can't let their hair down once in awhile. After all, they are only human.

8Prince Harry the killer! Empty Re: Prince Harry the killer! Tue Jan 22 2013, 18:43

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I just don't think that he needed to say anything about it.

The Royals are not only our country's figureheads (whether we want them to be or not) but also our world diplomats.

I can't really see much benefit it announcing to the world that he is a Muslim killer, when the question could so easily been avoided.

I'm not into Royals or politics but it is a truism that one mans terrorist is another mans freedom fighter!

Of course he has been brave fighting for his country but as Shakespeare once wrote "The better part of valour is discretion" - and I think he would have been a lot better served by keeping what he has done in battle private rather than public.

9Prince Harry the killer! Empty Re: Prince Harry the killer! Tue Jan 22 2013, 18:53

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I ain't a Royalist myself, but I would rather let Henry speak about his exploits both in the army and outside rather than letting the press run riot over his life. There are too many people out there that actually believe the press, especially the half-truths they come out with!!!

10Prince Harry the killer! Empty Re: Prince Harry the killer! Tue Jan 22 2013, 20:28

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Sluffy, I'm genuinely surprised that you think not talking about it would somehow make a difference. Its like saying that all the Al Qaeda terrorists carry arms and other weapons just to make them look good. Make no mistake, they use them, and they use them, not only on innocent civilians, but on us and the Americans. To have someone of Harry's seniority telling it as it really is, is a good thing. It should actually bring home the realities of the conflict, rather than have the British public conditioned for future political moves with a daily sound bite, which is slowly diminishing the importance of the confrontation, and the sacrifices out armed forces are making. By not talking about it people are ignoring the truth because it 'isn't nice'. The fact is it isn't nice, but its happening, and we are fully involved in it. Talk about it, don't hide it. Sorry mate, nothing personal, and I'll get off my soapbox now.

11Prince Harry the killer! Empty Re: Prince Harry the killer! Tue Jan 22 2013, 20:37

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Al Qaeda have stated that they consider Prince Harry a legitimate target while he is serving in Afghanistan. It has already been documented.

12Prince Harry the killer! Empty Re: Prince Harry the killer! Tue Jan 22 2013, 23:50

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Glos, I've got family serving out in Afghanistan now, so I'm right behind what we are attempting to do, so I've no problems with why we, he, or Harry is (was) out there for but...

At the end of the day a great many country's around the world are Islamic or under Islamic influence and that includes powerful allies such as Saudi Arabia and these days most of not all of the south Mediterranean country's.

He was out in Afghanistan for what 6 months or so - but he's also going to be a very high profile person for Great Britain for what the next forty years or so.

Things change, the world changes.

We now have to live with the brother of our next King being a proud and self proclaimed killer of a person or persons who died fighting for what they believed to be a righteous Muslim war.

Many years ago the Duke of Windsor was a friend of Hitler, in retrospect that wasn't a good move. I believe in years to come Harry's misplaced jingoism about his deeds in battle will also become a thing he/we wished he'd kept to himself - something he could have done oh so easily.

But he didn't have the brain in his head or the statesmanship skills required to do so.

13Prince Harry the killer! Empty Re: Prince Harry the killer! Wed Jan 23 2013, 18:52

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Sorry mate, still can't agree. I see what your saying, but see no reason why, regardless of his rank, he should shy away from telling it as it is. If we start feeling ashamed of what we do as a nation, or start to sell short our values, because of upsetting a particular religious creed, (who kill their own people at a drop of a hat.), we may as well give up any thoughts of helping oppressed peoples or nations in the future We're stopping them from killing their own !. (An alternative view is that he could be seen as something worse, because he didn't admit to his part in the conflict). By asking for a possible future leader to keep quiet is, in effect, negating the reason for the fight in the first place, and would be letting them do and say what they want, through our inaction and timidity. Lets be honest, he didn't glory in what he was saying, (and I thing your 'jingoism' comment was out of place), but one thing I would ask, is this; does your relative in Afghanistan, think the same way you do? I think I would prefer a Prince Harry, showing traditional values, and honesty, while Assad continues to destroy his own country, (lives lost so far c40,000). Lets not forget the Arab Spring when even more were killed. Do you think they would see Harry's comments as anything other than a straight-talking statement ? Don't think the British ethos of fair play applies to all regimes or religions.

I think we will probably have to agree to disagree on this one, but good thread, for me anyway. Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum