Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Blackpool to approach Coyle...

+12
NickFazer
doffcocker
Copper Dragon
Sluffy
Sgt. Bash
Reebok Trotter
Reebok_Rebel
Natasha Whittam
Bernard Dennis Park
Boggersbelief
Hipster_Nebula
aaron_bwfc
16 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Blackpool to approach Coyle... Empty Blackpool to approach Coyle... Thu Feb 07 2013, 13:14

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Blackpool's four-week search for a new manager goes on after another day of frustration at Bloomfield Road.

The former Bolton and Burnley boss Owen Coyle is now believed to be high on the club’s wish-list after Billy Davies turned his back on the opportunity to become the Seasiders’ third boss this season.

Pool have contacted Coyle’s representatives and are hoping to talk to the 46-year-old about the vacant role.

His fellow Scot Davies was expected to be named as Michael Appleton’s successor after a highly encouraging interview on Monday.
http://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/sport/football/blackpool-fc/pool-seek-talks-with-coyle-as-davies-walks-away-1-5386833

2Blackpool to approach Coyle... Empty Re: Blackpool to approach Coyle... Thu Feb 07 2013, 13:16

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Good luck to him.

Don't wish him any ill will.

3Blackpool to approach Coyle... Empty Re: Blackpool to approach Coyle... Thu Feb 07 2013, 13:29

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I still think he'll turn out to be a good manager, needs to get rid of his incompetent back room staff though.

4Blackpool to approach Coyle... Empty Re: Blackpool to approach Coyle... Thu Feb 07 2013, 13:36

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Good luck to him.

I hope he fails tbh.

He's the main reason we're where we are right now imo.

He will go down in history as one of our worst ever managers.

5Blackpool to approach Coyle... Empty Re: Blackpool to approach Coyle... Thu Feb 07 2013, 13:38

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bernard Dennis Park wrote:

I hope he fails tbh.

I agree. The guy gets us relegated, leaves us with a shite squad, never took responsibility for his shite decisions and people still wish him every success?

Idiots.

6Blackpool to approach Coyle... Empty Re: Blackpool to approach Coyle... Thu Feb 07 2013, 13:44

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

If im honest, the only issue i have with coyle is that he never admitted he was out of his depth, managing a club he apparently loved, i would have had a bit more respect for him if he had walked, instead he stayed and made the problem worse, so we would have to pay him compensation.

I Dont want him to fail in the sense I do megson, however I Dont want him to beat us on the last day of the season should he get the job.

should make the last match a tasty one though...

7Blackpool to approach Coyle... Empty Re: Blackpool to approach Coyle... Thu Feb 07 2013, 13:49

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:

I hope he fails tbh.

I agree. The guy gets us relegated, leaves us with a shite squad, never took responsibility for his shite decisions and people still wish him every success?

Idiots.

Thats not very christian of you nat, forgive and forget and all that.

8Blackpool to approach Coyle... Empty Re: Blackpool to approach Coyle... Thu Feb 07 2013, 13:50

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:

I hope he fails tbh.

Idiots.

If coyle left us in such a mess, don't you think you should give freedman a break?

9Blackpool to approach Coyle... Empty Re: Blackpool to approach Coyle... Thu Feb 07 2013, 14:09

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:

If coyle left us in such a mess, don't you think you should give freedman a break?

lol!

10Blackpool to approach Coyle... Empty Re: Blackpool to approach Coyle... Thu Feb 07 2013, 14:19

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

What?! Owen Coyle wasn't the first choice for the job? I thought every club immediately contacted Owen "best manager he's ever been" Coyle as soon as they lost a manager!

11Blackpool to approach Coyle... Empty Re: Blackpool to approach Coyle... Thu Feb 07 2013, 14:51

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Good luck to him.

I hope he fails tbh.

Blackpool to approach Coyle... 459784477

My thoughts exactly.

I've followed Bolton for more or less 50 years and he is in my mind the worst manager we've ever had in that time.

A manager, any manager, manages resources. Coyle clearly was clueless in creating strategies, the training, coaching and development of players, motivating them, identification of weaknesses and dealing with them, selection and recruitment of new players - in short just about everything!

I don't buy into the theory he was an unlucky manager - injured players - he hardly got his finger out to secure replacements did he? He should have got cover for Holden last January at the latest - he didn't, we started this season without a left back until we got Warnock on loan - wtf was he doing over the summer then?

The nightmare fixture list start if last season - we had to play these teams sometime throughout the season - where were all the points when we had the easier games to play then?

Coyle should have been sacked 18 months ago imo - we would not be in this mess if he had- I'm convinced of that.

Coyle will never make a successful manager - I'm sure time will prove me right.

12Blackpool to approach Coyle... Empty Re: Blackpool to approach Coyle... Thu Feb 07 2013, 15:47

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I hope not.

I've always quite liked Blackpool and I would like to see them stay in this division.

13Blackpool to approach Coyle... Empty Re: Blackpool to approach Coyle... Thu Feb 07 2013, 15:55

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Copper Dragon wrote:I hope not.

I've always quite liked Blackpool and I would like to see them stay in this division.

Why are you slating coyle?

Didn't burnley fans refer to him as 'god' when he was their manager?

14Blackpool to approach Coyle... Empty Re: Blackpool to approach Coyle... Thu Feb 07 2013, 16:14

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

When we were in the FA cup semi i heard that word banded about a bit from a few Bolton fans too.

15Blackpool to approach Coyle... Empty Re: Blackpool to approach Coyle... Thu Feb 07 2013, 16:27

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Not from me!

16Blackpool to approach Coyle... Empty Re: Blackpool to approach Coyle... Thu Feb 07 2013, 16:50

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I'm sick of people slagging off Coyle.

He is the best manager he has ever been.

17Blackpool to approach Coyle... Empty Re: Blackpool to approach Coyle... Thu Feb 07 2013, 16:51

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:I'm sick of people slagging off Coyle.

He is the best manager he has ever been.

I've heard he gives postage discounts on ebay though.

18Blackpool to approach Coyle... Empty Re: Blackpool to approach Coyle... Thu Feb 07 2013, 16:54

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:When we were in the FA cup semi i heard that word banded about a bit from a few Bolton fans too.

Anyone above the age of 13 referring to coyle as god needs to reevaluate their lives.

19Blackpool to approach Coyle... Empty Re: Blackpool to approach Coyle... Thu Feb 07 2013, 17:41

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Boggersbelief wrote:
Copper Dragon wrote:I hope not.

Why are you slating coyle?

Didn't burnley fans refer to him as 'god' when he was their manager?

Burnley fans aren't one single organism, tha knows.

Some did refer to him as god.

20Blackpool to approach Coyle... Empty Re: Blackpool to approach Coyle... Thu Feb 07 2013, 18:03

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Yes but you can't really say he's shite when he got you promoted.

We actually have a reason to dislike him

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum