Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Dougie Feels Our Pain... apparently.

+3
xmiles
Boggersbelief
Reebok_Rebel
7 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Our manager understands the frustrations of the fans, obviously he doesn't...

This little tit-bit proves it...

“Of course, you will get a section who think we should win every week. But the majority of the fans are seeing what we are trying to do and the football we are trying to play.

“Then they are getting a bit baffled by how the results are not following

Is it just me who thinks, with our squad, we should have been tearing this league a new arsehole?

Even Gartside set a '2 points a game' target and stated promotion was the only option.

Every fan I spoke to said we would finish as champions...

now we are battling relegation to league 1!

We will have to win or next 6 or 7 games on the bounce to even be in with a shout of the playoffs...

What winds me up is that Dougie knows we are shite, so why all the bullshit - id have more respect for managers if they said something like - "I understand we have one of the best squads in the league and should be in a better position, maybe I messed up the tactics a bit in certain games we should have won, maybe my team selection has not been the best, im sorry and im going to change it"

But no, instead we get a load of 'I feel your pain' crap - no he doesn't, hes sat there on a million quid a year not really giving a fuck...

makes me angry...

Also this...

“We've spoken with the players this week about getting the ball and staying in control.

I expect us to be able to get the ball, string a few passes together and get it up front then without hoofing back to the opposition...

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

On paper we should be tearing this league up, but when is life ever that simple?

We are where we are because the players don't have the spirit of the other teams, ours have just dropped out of the premier league and it could actually be that they haven't adapted to the physicality and the amount of time you don't get on the ball. Maybe this year of transition Is necessary, we won't go down so you can get that scenario our of your head, I'm confident that next season we will push for promotion!

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

I found it ridiculous that all the so called experts were predicting automatic promotion for us before the season started. Yes we had a decent squad on paper but it had been under-performing under Coyle. I, along with a fair number of other posters on this site, was convinced that with Coyle still in charge the best we could hope for was mid-table.

There is no getting away from the simple fact that Coyle and Gartside are the main reason we are in the mess we are still in.

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I don't know why all our fans seem to think we have a good team who will rip up this league. We were a bottom half premiership team which isn't that different from the championship. This league is a difficult one to get out of because anyone really can beat anyone else. When we got relegated both the board and most of our fans were really naive to think we were gonna rip this league up.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I love it when posters say they'd have more respect for a manager if he said things no other manager in the history of the game has ever said.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:I love it when posters say they'd have more respect for a manager if he said things no other manager in the history of the game has ever said.

Why do you love it?

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Dougie Freedman wrote:Of course, you will get a section who think we should win every week. But the majority of the fans are seeing what we are trying to do and the football we are trying to play.

It's comments like this that just annoy folk, it's the same sort of shite Coyle used to come out with.

No one gives a shite what Dougie is trying to do or what the team will be like in two years time - all they care about is winning on Saturday. And as for the football, it's generally the same old shite. Hence, Dougie, why we're in the lowest league position for over a decade you bellend.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:I love it when posters say they'd have more respect for a manager if he said things no other manager in the history of the game has ever said.

Why do you love it?

Because it's just so remarkably stupid.

Ok if we lost 15-0 i would expect him to come out and say he was embarrassed. But I'm sure others have heard of tact.

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Dougie Freedman wrote:Of course, you will get a section who think we should win every week. But the majority of the fans are seeing what we are trying to do and the football we are trying to play.

It's comments like this that just annoy folk, it's the same sort of shite Coyle used to come out with.

No one gives a shite what Dougie is trying to do or what the team will be like in two years time - all they care about is winning on Saturday. And as for the football, it's generally the same old shite. Hence, Dougie, why we're in the lowest league position for over a decade you bellend.

I give a shite what he's trying to do with the team, Coyle may have said the same but the evidence suggests Dougie's actually doing it.

Coyle talked a good game, he said the right things and that's why pre season I felt positive because he was talking as if it was time to bring the likes of Vela and Sordell through. But he didn't do anything he said he would, Dougie seems to be.

There's nothing wrong with what he's said here, as Hipster said no manager in the world would say what rebel and you expect him too, it's just common sense.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:

Coyle talked a good game, he said the right things and that's why pre season I felt positive because he was talking as if it was time to bring the likes of Vela and Sordell through. But he didn't do anything he said he would, Dougie seems to be.

Are you a goldfish? Dougie is talking the same shite as Coyle, with even WORSE results.

Natasha Whittam wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:

Are you a goldfish? Dougie is talking the same shite as Coyle, with even WORSE results.

He's talked about bringing youth through and sorting the clubs academy and development squad.

1.Vela and Sordell are both playing
2.He's brought a couple in specifically for the development squad
3.He's brought in his own man to head up the academy and integrate the training throughout

That's 3 things he's done/doing that Coyle didn't and are improving the club long term.

:party:

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I couldn't give a shite about the development squad - if there really are any good players there the big clubs will snap them up long before they get near our first team.

The manager needs to concentrate on the first team, you know the one, currently one place off the relegation zone. For all this shite about new players, better coaching etc our results are worse than under Coyle.

Natasha Whittam wrote:I couldn't give a shite about the development squad - if there really are any good players there the big clubs will snap them up long before they get near our first team.

The manager needs to concentrate on the first team, you know the one, currently one place off the relegation zone. For all this shite about new players, better coaching etc our results are worse than under Coyle.

We brought 4 players in January for the first team, he's clearly concentrating on that. All Im saying is that him planning long term is a good thing and getting annoyed because of a press conference is idiotic.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:

We brought 4 players in January for the first team, he's clearly concentrating on that. All Im saying is that him planning long term is a good thing and getting annoyed because of a press conference is idiotic.

I'm not annoyed, just a little bit cross.

I prefer honesty. I realise he can't come out and tell the total truth ("we're shit, I'm clueless, don't kill me when we go down") but he can show he's pissed off with the players.

If I was in charge I'd say something like:

"Recent results have been poor, the players have massively underperformed and maybe I've made one or two mistakes. But we've signed some good players to increase competition, if players continue to underperform they will find themselves out of the team. There can be no more excuses."

Not rocket science is it.

Fair enough, can't argue with that.

As I've said before though he could be saying this stuff behind closed doors, he's certainly rotating the team a fair bit. Problem is nothing seems to change, that's why I'd be confident the new signings will be in sooner rather than later.

All in all I don't give a shit what the manager says in press conferences in fairness(within reason) if he's doing a good job, I think he will eventually prove to be a good appointment it's just going to take time.

Do you see some positives in DF? or do you think he'll end up being sacked next season when nothing improves?

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:

As I've said before though he could be saying this stuff behind closed doors.

Do you see some positives in DF? or do you think he'll end up being sacked next season when nothing improves?

He's made some decent signings, but I just can't understand his reluctance to play them from the start. The usual suspects have proved themselves not good enough over the last 18 months or so, so what's the hesitation - can the new boys play any worse?

This would be my team for tomorrow:

Lonergan

Ricketts Ream Dawson Alonso

De Ridder Medo Spearing Eagles

Craig Davies Sordell

Two holding midfielders to stop Burnley walking through us as they did at Turf Moor, with two attacking wingers supporting the front two.

JonnyRandom

JonnyRandom
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Cant disagree with that team nat. Chances of it happening? Well i'd be pleasently surprised if it did

Im not a fan of 442 to be honest, although it may work with Medo in.

I'd rather see 433

Lonergan

Ricketts Ream Dawson Alonso

Vela Medo Spearing

Lee Sordell De Ridder

De RIdder and Lee can swap sides as they see fit and if we need a goal take off one of Vela Medo or Spearing and stick Craig Davies on, easy 3 points.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum