Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Your back four

+9
Sgt. Bash
Norpig
wanderlust
aaron_bwfc
Lofty_Love
Boggersbelief
Sluffy
Reebok Trotter
Copper Dragon
13 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Your back four Empty Your back four Mon Feb 11 2013, 22:39

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Who would/should be in it?

I can only go off one game (the game at t'Turf was down to the midfield being awful) but two of them Alonso and Dawson would be in it for me.
Dawson was good on the ball and decent with the head in our box. Alonso was tidy without being really special.

Knight is a big lump and could have been sent off if Foy had his silly head on
Mears had his gloves on as usual. Players that wear short sleeves and gloves should be made to work down t'pit.

So, Alonso and Dawson with two others?

2Your back four Empty Re: Your back four Mon Feb 11 2013, 22:52

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ricketts has been a pretty solid pro. A decent wing back on occasions. If Wheater recovers from injury he will certainly be in strong contention for a centre back place.

Lonergan hasn't done anything wrong and looks more confident in goal than Bogdan. Young Joe Riley hasn't had the rub of the green and has had a few injuries but he could be one for the future.

3Your back four Empty Re: Your back four Mon Feb 11 2013, 23:19

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Copper Dragon wrote:So, Alonso and Dawson with two others?

I think you've nailed it already with just that!

I've no right to comment much seeing that I've not seen most of them play life but I've never been a Knight or a Wheater fan - I said as much when we signed them.

I thought Ream looked ok on the streams I saw last season but I was shocked at how easily bullied off the ball on the clips I've seen of him this.

I wasn't at all impressed with the clips I've seen of Mills either so far.

I can't really make a view on Mears as I've not seen anything like enough of him to make my mind up - I don't know if he IS bad, or made to look bad having to play alongside our central pillars (or should that be pillocks) of Knight and whoever else was picked on the day.

As for Ricketts, although his position is supposed to be right back, the best I've seen him play at the club is that time he covered for the injured Cahill at centre back.

I've never seen Riley play.

Tbh I've still got a massive question mark about Alonso as a defender but he does seem to be a threat attacking these days and Dawson as only ever played one game for us – so we don’t really know how he will turn out but the early signs are promising!

I think think therefore that for my back four I'd probably have Ricketts as centre back and Mears as right back to go with Alonso and Dawson.

One final thing - why is it if a player is out of the team he suddenly becomes a better player in everybody's mind!

The talk seems to be we will be a great deal better when Wheater returns - I didn't think he was much good before he got knackered - so what's all that about then?

I do hope he proves me wrong though.

4Your back four Empty Re: Your back four Mon Feb 11 2013, 23:37

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think copper dragon is converting to the wanderers to be honest.

You've seen the light, good on you

5Your back four Empty Re: Your back four Mon Feb 11 2013, 23:59

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Ricketts--Wheater--Dawson--Alonso

Depending on form it could be Mears or Ricketts. Ream should be first back up, Mills second back up, Knight can be given a job as a bouncer outside The Beehive.

Wheater was good last year, we looked far stronger in defense with Ream-Wheater than we did with Knight-Cahill.

6Your back four Empty Re: Your back four Tue Feb 12 2013, 00:22

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Boggersbelief wrote:I think copper dragon is converting to the wanderers to be honest.

When you've been hit with coins, bricks, bottles and a minibus, it's hard to change your allegiance over night.

7Your back four Empty Re: Your back four Tue Feb 12 2013, 11:40

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I thought Ream was unlucky to be dropped on Saturday over Knight to be honest, though my best back 4 would be the same as Loftys.

8Your back four Empty Re: Your back four Tue Feb 12 2013, 12:56

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lofty_Love wrote:Ricketts--Wheater--Dawson--Alonso

Depending on form it could be Mears or Ricketts. Ream should be first back up, Mills second back up, Knight can be given a job as a bouncer outside The Beehive.

Wheater was good last year, we looked far stronger in defense with Ream-Wheater than we did with Knight-Cahill.

Agreed by and large, although I believe our best CB pairing has been Knight & Ricketts statistically.

Will probably end up Wheater & Dawson, but suspect it will be rotated.

9Your back four Empty Re: Your back four Tue Feb 12 2013, 13:01

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i would love to see the back four Lofty Love picked, always preferred Ricketts to Mears and Wheater will be a big improvement on Knight

10Your back four Empty Re: Your back four Tue Feb 12 2013, 14:02

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Agree with LL, except Tyrone Mears would never ever be in contention to play if I were picking the team.

11Your back four Empty Re: Your back four Tue Feb 12 2013, 16:54

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Lofty Loves Back 4 is what id go for.

I was actually expecting a better thread when I saw the title, I misread it. I thought it said 'your back door'...

I was expecting Bolton hater to be a prominent poster on it.

12Your back four Empty Re: Your back four Tue Feb 12 2013, 18:39

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Dawson had a good game Satdy, and an Albion fan I work with rates him very highly, so that's a plus for him. Alonso has bucked up considerably in the past few weeks, must be contract renewal time. Mears is a donkey and could find himself in a lasagne! Ricketts has a measured amount of brain, so may be at CB with Dawson, leaving Riley, when fit, to have a punt at right back.

13Your back four Empty Re: Your back four Tue Feb 12 2013, 18:56

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Copper Dragon wrote:
Boggersbelief wrote:I think copper dragon is converting to the wanderers to be honest.

When you've been hit with coins, bricks, bottles and a minibus, it's hard to change your allegiance over night.

So... next week, then?

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

14Your back four Empty Re: Your back four Tue Feb 12 2013, 21:36

Tigermin

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Riley Wheater Ricketts Alonso but all four are never fit at the same time so its toss half a dozen names in the air and see who lands in favour,at least thats what Douggie with his normal team selections because form doesnt seem to matter diddly squat !!!

15Your back four Empty Re: Your back four Wed Feb 13 2013, 11:25

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Dawson article on home page refers to him looking forward to building a partnership with Knight. Read into that what you will.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum