Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

For the Attention of the new posters to Bolton Nuts!

+7
BoltonTillIDie
Keegan
scottjames30
Boggersbelief
MartinBWFC
Jamster26
Sluffy
11 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

A very warm welcome to all the new posters we’ve had recently and a quick explanation as to what we normally do on here at match time – don’t forget we are playing Derby Peterborough tomorrow night!

In Premier days following the game wasn’t too difficult as most people would either attend, watch it on the box at a local pub or find a dodgy internet stream, well those days are gone for now of course.

Those of us who live in Bolton can get commentary of the match on Tower FM, others in the Manchester area can sometimes find it covered by BBC Manchester radio but the rest of us – particularly our followers from abroad (and we do have regulars on here from France, Germany and USA to my knowledge) are usually left in the dark as to what is happening other than by following it via twitter coverage (or BBC updates) – which although better than nothing, can be up to several minutes between updates.

Due to the good spirits of several on this forum however we have sort have found something a bit better than that – and certainly much more fun – and that is following the gane via our ‘Chatbox’ service.

Chatbox is basically and on line meeting room provided free by the forum, where those who do have some sort of live coverage of the game, share what is going on with those that do not. Everything gets thrown in and maybe sometimes the info is a bit late or already been provided by someone else – but that is part of the fun!

Everyone on here is welcome to join in – we even have members who chat along with us who have yet to make a post on the forum yet – but who cares, we are all Wanderers fans together at the end of the day. We have had at times about 30 or so people on there at once! The more people on having a laugh (or a moan!) the better.

We normally set up the ‘chatbox’ with a ‘click-on’ entry link but there is also an alternative way to (for people who can’t see the link) by means of scrolling down to the bottom left of the main forum page, and clicking on the link that will be displayed there – usually from about 10 minutes or so before kick off.

Once the ‘chatbox’ screen pops up, you have to ‘click’ on ‘log in’ to join with the rest of us on there – and you can simply join right in with the craic once you are there.

Hope you decide to give it a go with us – so hopefully see you all there later!

Last edited by Sluffy on Mon Feb 25 2013, 21:20; edited 2 times in total

Jamster26

Jamster26
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

That's a great idea / feature. Kudos to who-everthought of it.

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

The game is tomOrrow Sluffy, be a bit quIet on there tonight mate.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

MartinBWFC wrote:The game is tomOrrow Sluffy, be a bit quIet on there tonight mate.

Yes I know, I was a bit ahead of myself as I was going to stick this up tomorrow but I though what the heck and posted it up now.

I had thought I'd changed any references from 'today' to 'tomorrow' but please forgive me if I missed any of them.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Jamster26 wrote:That's a great idea / feature. Kudos to who-everthought of it.

Thanks

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

See you there.

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Sluffy wrote:particularly our followers from abroad (and we do have regulars on here from France, Germany and USA to my knowledge)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

...and Jamaica.

Embarassed

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

And from t'internet too Wink

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Boggersbelief wrote:
Jamster26 wrote:That's a great idea / feature. Kudos to who-everthought of it.

Thanks

Yeah great idea Boggers!

(and perhaps a slight mention for Biggie also!).

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It was worth a try!

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Good one Sluffy. can youlet us know when you have another 'public information' note. This one was quite enjoyable lol!

jayjay23

jayjay23
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I'll be in there tonight. I have found it's fun to be in there even while I have the radio on.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

jayjay23 wrote:I'll be in there tonight. I have found it's fun to be in there even while I have the radio on.

How did you escape from your padded cell Jayjay?

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Sluffy wrote:...and Jamaica.

Embarassed

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Bump!

Over 32 of us logged in at the moment - come and join us by following the details in the top post of this thread if you haven't worked out how to yet!

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Bump!

Please read the first post in this thread if you have not already done so before.

Thank you

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Let us not forget our Scandinavian poster who spends half the year living on the output from his generator.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum