Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Playstation 4 Console Announced

+8
Tigermin
Sluffy
Leeds_Trotter
bwfc71
doffcocker
Hipster_Nebula
Jamster26
BoltonTillIDie
12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Playstation 4 Console Announced Empty Playstation 4 Console Announced Wed Feb 20 2013, 23:53

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Playstation 4 Console Announced BDlWPTtCIAAi9WXSony has announced its next-generation gaming console - the PlayStation 4 - at an event in New York.

The firm said that the machine would offer a more "personalised experience".

A successful launch might drive sales of the firm's new televisions and other
consumer electronics, helping turn around its fortunes.

Sony posted a 456.7bn yen loss ($4.9bn; £3.2bn) in its last financial year, marking the fourth year it ended in deficit.

But the firm has forecast a 20bn yen profit for the current financial year ending in March.
PC-based chip
Sony described the machine as being like a "supercharged" PC .

It runs off an x86-based CPU (central processing unit) - similar architecture to that found in most desktop computers - and an "enhanced" PC GPU (graphics
processing unit).

It comes with the new DualShock 4 controller, which includes a touchpad, a "share button" and a lightbar, which allows a separate camera to track its movement.

"This is a complete controller upgrade with touch, share and better responsiveness," said Brian Blau, an analyst at the tech consultancy Gartner.

"The new controller is the key to a better PS4 experience. It has the ability
to share content easily, and brings in a component of touch that allows even
more ways to interact with games."

The console also includes new hardware dedicated to video compression to make
it a more social device.

Users will be able to pause a game, select a few minutes of recorded video of
their most recent activity, and instruct the clip to be uploaded to a social
network.
Sony has revamped its user interface for the new
video games console

This will then occur in the background while they can return to their game.
The firm said it wanted to make sharing video clips as common as it is today to
share screenshots.

Another new feature is that gamers can let their friends connect to their
machine and take control of their character to help if they have got stuck. This
facility uses technology from Gaikai - a cloud-based service Sony acquired last
year for $380m.

Gaikai's technology is also being used to allow PS4 games to be streamed and
played via the PlayStation Vita handheld console, which may boost its sales.

Sony said it was also exploring the possibility of using its Gaikai unit to
allow PlayStation3 games to be played on the new machine as well as other
devices.

However, at the moment PS3 games will not run on the new console.
'More important'
The PlayStation 3 was initially sold at a loss, so if that practice is repeated with the new model its launch may initially put fresh strain on the firm's finances.

Even so, one analyst suggested that Sony would be willing to take the pain to
maximise early demand.

"Without the established user base and community of PS3 and PlayStation
Network, Sony would be without a significant home entertainment foothold
allowing it to connect many of its other consumer electronic devices, products
and services," said Piers Harding-Rolls, head of games at IHS Screen Digest.

"Sony's next generation device is likely to take on more importance not less."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-21526450

2Playstation 4 Console Announced Empty Re: Playstation 4 Console Announced Thu Feb 21 2013, 08:49

Jamster26

Jamster26
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Excited about this. I might need to abandon the Xbox when this comes out!

3Playstation 4 Console Announced Empty Re: Playstation 4 Console Announced Thu Feb 21 2013, 11:23

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I will get the PS4 but the conference was horrible.

They didn't need to do this presser to reveal that they've got a load of borrrrrrrrrring FPS games to put on a new console.

But the end of a gun sure looks great in true 1080p! zzzzzzzzzz.

4Playstation 4 Console Announced Empty Re: Playstation 4 Console Announced Thu Feb 21 2013, 16:58

How old are you? Get outside and shag some sluts.

5Playstation 4 Console Announced Empty Re: Playstation 4 Console Announced Thu Feb 21 2013, 17:18

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

The last game console I played was Tekken 3. Them were the days! Hwoarang was my favourite, followed by the slutty Irish blonde girl who wore fitted purple costumes.

6Playstation 4 Console Announced Empty Re: Playstation 4 Console Announced Thu Feb 21 2013, 18:05

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bolton Hater wrote:How old are you? Get outside and shag some sluts.

Ironic statement of the year.

7Playstation 4 Console Announced Empty Re: Playstation 4 Console Announced Thu Feb 21 2013, 21:35

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Bolton Hater wrote:How old are you? Get outside and shag some sluts.

How can he when you have infected them all with your poison dipstick - btw how is your mum?

I see you were on television tonight - about fried chicken restaurant family. Plus I also saw you on one of teh digital channel about a man stuck in his own bedroom for over 20 years because of his size, due top all the fried chicken!

8Playstation 4 Console Announced Empty Re: Playstation 4 Console Announced Thu Feb 21 2013, 22:38

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Xbox all the way I'm affraid. Playstation is far inferior to the Xbox in everyway. The online is just shocking, I know us xbox users pay £40 a year, but atleast the service is better.

9Playstation 4 Console Announced Empty Re: Playstation 4 Console Announced Thu Feb 21 2013, 22:43

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Leeds_Trotter wrote:Xbox all the way I'm affraid. Playstation is far inferior to the Xbox in everyway. The online is just shocking, I know us xbox users pay £40 a year, but atleast the service is better.

I hate to tell you but thats completely incorrect.

10Playstation 4 Console Announced Empty Re: Playstation 4 Console Announced Thu Feb 21 2013, 22:44

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:
Leeds_Trotter wrote:Xbox all the way I'm affraid. Playstation is far inferior to the Xbox in everyway. The online is just shocking, I know us xbox users pay £40 a year, but atleast the service is better.

I hate to tell you but thats completely incorrect.

I agree with Hipster...

11Playstation 4 Console Announced Empty Re: Playstation 4 Console Announced Thu Feb 21 2013, 22:46

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

You are both too old to understand all this technology, they only had pong when you two were youngsters. Razz Just jesting fella's. Smile

12Playstation 4 Console Announced Empty Re: Playstation 4 Console Announced Thu Feb 21 2013, 22:48

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Atari 5600 and Atari 7800 for me! Nothing beats those machines, not even these xboxes or playstations. That was when games were games and not mini-films!!!

13Playstation 4 Console Announced Empty Re: Playstation 4 Console Announced Thu Feb 21 2013, 22:48

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Leeds_Trotter wrote:You are both too old to understand all this technology, they only had pong when you two were youngsters. Razz Just jesting fella's. Smile

clearly not if you think the XBOX is "far superior" to a PS3.

14Playstation 4 Console Announced Empty Re: Playstation 4 Console Announced Thu Feb 21 2013, 22:49

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Just an idea - I'm much too old to have Playstations and X Boxes myself - but those who do - would you like to have a little Bolton Nuts on line footy competition or something?

Just a bit of fun - but it will also help to get to know other Wanderers fans a bit better on here.

What do people think about this idea?

15Playstation 4 Console Announced Empty Re: Playstation 4 Console Announced Thu Feb 21 2013, 22:50

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Hipster_Nebula wrote:
Leeds_Trotter wrote:You are both too old to understand all this technology, they only had pong when you two were youngsters. Razz Just jesting fella's. Smile

N00B

16Playstation 4 Console Announced Empty Re: Playstation 4 Console Announced Thu Feb 21 2013, 22:51

Tigermin

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Hipster_Nebula wrote:

Please explain what this thread is about ??? who is xbox and what disease is PS3 ???

17Playstation 4 Console Announced Empty Re: Playstation 4 Console Announced Thu Feb 21 2013, 22:52

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Why does no one talk about the Wii. I have experience of the Wii.

18Playstation 4 Console Announced Empty Re: Playstation 4 Console Announced Thu Feb 21 2013, 22:53

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:Why does no one talk about the Wii. I have experience of the Wii.

You have your own toilet right? Then use it! Laughing

19Playstation 4 Console Announced Empty Re: Playstation 4 Console Announced Thu Feb 21 2013, 22:53

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I have a Wii - for the kids, was OK, but novelty soon wore off (with the kids too)

20Playstation 4 Console Announced Empty Re: Playstation 4 Console Announced Thu Feb 21 2013, 22:55

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

BoltonTillIDie wrote:I have a Wii - for the kids, was OK, but novelty soon wore off (with the kids too)

Put them up for adoption then.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum