Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

UPDATE - Eaves goes out on loan....and is now back again!

+10
Triumph
Hipster_Nebula
Natasha Whittam
wanderlust
Lofty_Love
xmiles
Boggersbelief
BoltonTillIDie
Jamster26
aaron_bwfc
14 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Tom Eaves has joined League one outfit Shrewsbury on loan for a month.

The 21-year-old enjoyed a three month loan spell at Bristol Rovers earlier this season, scoring seven goals in 17 appearances for the Pirates in League Two.

Eaves linked up with his new team mates in Shropshire on Thursday morning and will be looking to make his debut against Stevenage at New Meadow on Saturday.[/b]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Can't see them letting N'gog go now as it would leave us thin on the ground should anything happening to the other three.

which is a shame really as i wouldn't of minded seeing if eaves would have an impact in a kevin davies style roll with sordell playing off him.

Jamster26

Jamster26
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Eaves seems to be doing well on loan. I'm looking forward to seeing him in a Bolton shirt in the near future.

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whites striker Tom Eaves, on loan at Shrewsbury Town, scored twice for the Shrews tonight in their 3-2 win at MK Dons

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Score on his debut also!

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Seems to be doing alright when he has been sent out on loan, scored goals at both clubs this season.

If we don't get out of this league this season I reckon we might see more of him next season.

BoltonTillIDie wrote:Whites striker Tom Eaves, on loan at Shrewsbury Town, scored twice for the Shrews tonight in their 3-2 win at MK Dons

defintiely good news, remember when he scored a hat trick against premiership opposition Wink

Want to see him given a chance for us, I've got a feeling Dougie's giving up on Sordell too so maybe that will help his chances.

Sordell to leave in the summer is my bet.

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

bwfc1874 wrote:Want to see him given a chance for us, I've got a feeling Dougie's giving up on Sordell too so maybe that will help his chances.

Yes. There doesn't seem to be much evidence of Dougie having faith in Sordell. Has he really been given much of a chance though? I blame Coyle. He spent £4m on him then never used him - if just once he had picked him instead of SKD we might even have stayed up! Then this season he preferred Afobe.

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I don't think any manager would ever get the best out of Sordell whilst he is at Bolton, his heart obviously isn't in it.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

:agree:

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

xmiles wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:Want to see him given a chance for us, I've got a feeling Dougie's giving up on Sordell too so maybe that will help his chances.

Yes. There doesn't seem to be much evidence of Dougie having faith in Sordell. Has he really been given much of a chance though? I blame Coyle. He spent £4m on him then never used him - if just once he had picked him instead of SKD we might even have stayed up! Then this season he preferred Afobe.

SKD had a great end to last season, goals didn't get us relegated, defending did.

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Just checked btw, Tom Eaves has 3 goals in 4 games for the shrews

hes having a good season

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Lofty_Love wrote:
xmiles wrote:

SKD had a great end to last season, goals didn't get us relegated, defending did.

A "great end to last season"? What 3 goals in the last 27 games? Mark Davies scored 4 in the same games. That's a crap record for a centre forward and he should have been dropped.

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

xmiles wrote:
Lofty_Love wrote:
xmiles wrote:

A "great end to last season"? What 3 goals in the last 27 games? Mark Davies scored 4 in the same games. That's a crap record for a centre forward and he should have been dropped.

Not sure where you got those stats from but they are wrong.

He scored more than any other player in our ending run.

His goal should have saved us on the last day and he netted a brace against Sunderland a few games from the end. Just going off that those 3 goals you mention were scored over 4 games, not 27.

He also scored our winner against Wolves near the end. He got us vital goals, and had we stayed up it would have been a lot to do with him.

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

My bad I forgot the Wolves winner.

So he scored 5 goals over the last 27 games (all those after the 5-0 Stoke win in November) and a grand total of 6 all season (Klasnic scored 2 more). And yes he scored 4 in the last 10 games (Wheater scored 2 in the same games). Not impressive. He was great but he's clearly past it now.

I'm using the stats on Wikipedia and I haven't adjusted for games he didn't play the whole 90 minutes.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Why does every thread descend into an argument about Kevin Davies?

Been recalled according to his twitter, any injuries to a striker we didn't know about?

Jamster26

Jamster26
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Maybe Freedman wants to take a closer look at him and possibly throw him in at the deep end. None of our other strikers are hardly firing at the moment.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Jamster26 wrote:Maybe Freedman wants to take a closer look at him and possibly throw him in at the deep end.
Doubt it - he's apparently yet another shit valueless Coyle signing who will never play for us.
Thanks Owen. (sic)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum