Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Footballers Wages

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Footballers Wages Empty Footballers Wages Sun Mar 03 2013, 14:01

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Talk about having your brains in your boots. Years ago players retired broke and had to get other jobs, it would seem that nothing much has changed. Its about time some reality came back into the game regarding salaries. Taken from Yahoo.

"According to research conducted by XPro, a charity for ex-professional footballers in the UK and Ireland, three in five players blow their fortunes despite the average wage in the league currently being £30,000-a-week.
Tottenham goalkeeper Brad Friedel, former Blackburn captain Colin Hendry and ex-Aston Villa star Lee Hendrie are among the players who have declared for bankruptcy while Fulham’s John Arne Riise and ex-Manchester United pair Keith Gillespie and Eric Djemba-Djemba have also had major financial issues.
What's more, one in three players who are married end up filing for divorce within 12 months of their retirement."

2Footballers Wages Empty Re: Footballers Wages Sun Mar 03 2013, 14:57

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Just because you're good at kicking a ball doesn't mean you've got a brain in your head.

Look at some of those like Ricketts who couldn't even manage to see out his career before he fucked it up!

We've created false Gods because the world spends so much just to watch - which at the end of the day is only - a game!

They live a blessed life - pity many of them are too self-centred to see that.

3Footballers Wages Empty Re: Footballers Wages Sun Mar 03 2013, 15:08

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Most footballers are stupid and rely too much on their Agent. Apart from their Agent bleeding them dry in fees, why anyone would listen to long term finanacial advice from anyone claiming to be an Agent is beyond me.

But it still comes down to the player at the end of the day. Even if they just stuck all their millions in a standard bank account getting a shite rate of interest, at least it would still be there when they retire. I think too many footballers think they have to spend all their money to show how well they are doing.

Gary Neville didn't have an Agent and he's doing ok. He built a nice house and car and that's it. Sensible chap.

4Footballers Wages Empty Re: Footballers Wages Sun Mar 03 2013, 15:39

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Easy come easy go.

I've spent a fortune on cars, houses, holidays, women, drink and drugs.

The rest I wasted.

5Footballers Wages Empty Re: Footballers Wages Sun Mar 03 2013, 16:38

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

P.S.G are willing to pay CR7, 500.000K a week.

For 5 years.

that's a nice little earner.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum