Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Player wages at Bolton

+14
wanderlust
chipbutty
doffcocker
Boggersbelief
Copper Dragon
Tigermin
aaron_bwfc
scottjames30
Lofty_Love
Reebok Trotter
Culcheth_White
Hipster_Nebula
MartinBWFC
BoltonTillIDie
18 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Player wages at Bolton Empty Player wages at Bolton Fri Jul 19 2013, 19:27

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I wax surprised to be informed that Mills is currently earning £25000 a week at Bolton.  And this is the stumbling block on him moving to Leeds where he will have to reduce his wages by half!  Why are we paying him so much?  Is this a normal salary at Bolton?

2Player wages at Bolton Empty Re: Player wages at Bolton Fri Jul 19 2013, 20:07

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Uncle Owen was very generous with Eddies money.

3Player wages at Bolton Empty Re: Player wages at Bolton Fri Jul 19 2013, 20:27

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

No, were "cheap skates"

4Player wages at Bolton Empty Re: Player wages at Bolton Fri Jul 19 2013, 20:27

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Even though Clueless Coyle signed the donkey Mills for around £2million, the responsibility must be pointed at either Gartside or Eddie, might be a bit harsh on Eddie like, it's his dough. cheers

5Player wages at Bolton Empty Re: Player wages at Bolton Fri Jul 19 2013, 20:36

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

BoltonTillIDie wrote:I wax surprised to be informed that Mills is currently earning £25000 a week at Bolton.  And this is the stumbling block on him moving to Leeds where he will have to reduce his wages by half!  Why are we paying him so much?  Is this a normal salary at Bolton?

Another masterstroke by Coyle. I'm surprised he hasn't tried to take Mills to Wigan.

6Player wages at Bolton Empty Re: Player wages at Bolton Fri Jul 19 2013, 20:46

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Where did you hear that figure from?

7Player wages at Bolton Empty Re: Player wages at Bolton Fri Jul 19 2013, 20:54

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Lofty_Love wrote:Where did you hear that figure from?
I think it's been mentioned on various forums and tabloids and don't forget, Leicester shelled out around £5 million for him. The same club that were apparently paying Beckford around £34K a week in the Championship.

8Player wages at Bolton Empty Re: Player wages at Bolton Fri Jul 19 2013, 21:26

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Mills on 25k ?

No wonder we cant get rid of him.

9Player wages at Bolton Empty Re: Player wages at Bolton Fri Jul 19 2013, 22:17

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

£25k? :O, That's just piss poor management from everyone involved IMO - I may have been able to get my head round that if we were still in the prem but christ to pay that much for a championship defender is unreal.

10Player wages at Bolton Empty Re: Player wages at Bolton Fri Jul 19 2013, 22:45

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I wouldn't pay him in washers , no wonder Coyle got the sack.

11Player wages at Bolton Empty Re: Player wages at Bolton Fri Jul 19 2013, 22:49

Tigermin

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

If Ream is on that, I cant think what El Prat might be on,thats my weekend fucked then ! Coyle enticed him away from Swansea who laughed their tits off when they got rid !!! Think Wigan might be getting a call from Swansea with other wankers they need to get rid of !

12Player wages at Bolton Empty Re: Player wages at Bolton Fri Jul 19 2013, 22:55

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Tigermin wrote:If Ream is on that, I cant think what El Prat might be on,thats my weekend fucked then ! Coyle enticed him away from Swansea who laughed their tits off when they got rid !!! Think Wigan might be getting a call from Swansea with other wankers they need to get rid of !

I can't see Ream being on 25k a week. He came from the MLS where the money is a lot less than the Premier League. Ream is probably on 15k tops.

13Player wages at Bolton Empty Re: Player wages at Bolton Fri Jul 19 2013, 23:21

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

It'll be interesting to see the end of year financial books again.

If it hasn't gone down from the £20 odd million loss last financial year then someone is taking the piss.

14Player wages at Bolton Empty Re: Player wages at Bolton Sat Jul 20 2013, 00:01

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ream is on 20k a week.

I remember reading when he joined that he'd gone from 20k a year to 20k a week.

15Player wages at Bolton Empty Re: Player wages at Bolton Sat Jul 20 2013, 02:18

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Ream buys Asda's own baked beans. He isn't a high earner.

16Player wages at Bolton Empty Re: Player wages at Bolton Sat Jul 20 2013, 02:30

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Copper Dragon wrote:It'll be interesting to see the end of year financial books again.

If it hasn't gone down from the £20 odd million loss last financial year then someone is taking the piss.

A fair few decent earners weren't let go and it would seem many were replaced by equally uneconomical players.
There is £12m worth of parachute payments to look forward to but it's nothing compared to PL broadcasting. Throw in the dip in attendances and advertising revenue, hiring and firing costs...

I'm not looking forward to the next set of accounts.

17Player wages at Bolton Empty Re: Player wages at Bolton Sat Jul 20 2013, 02:36

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Tigermin wrote:If Ream is on that, I cant think what El Prat might be on,thats my weekend fucked then ! Coyle enticed him away from Swansea who laughed their tits off when they got rid !!! Think Wigan might be getting a call from Swansea with other wankers they need to get rid of !

If I remember rightly, he signed on a reported £17,000 a week contract - below PL average at the time but very good money for a Championship player.

18Player wages at Bolton Empty Re: Player wages at Bolton Sat Jul 20 2013, 05:16

chipbutty

chipbutty
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

The last two years accounts show that BWFC have an annual wage bill of £51 million (or thereabouts),
If all 25 squad players were on £25k a week, which is no where near what is happening, this would come to £33million by my reckoning.

Where's the money going Phil?

19Player wages at Bolton Empty Re: Player wages at Bolton Sat Jul 20 2013, 07:11

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I bet some of our shite players are doing knees up mother brown, laughing and piss taking behind closed doors.

20Player wages at Bolton Empty Re: Player wages at Bolton Sat Jul 20 2013, 10:55

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Boggersbelief wrote:Ream is on 20k a week.

I remember reading when he joined that he'd gone from 20k a year to 20k a week.
Ream was on about $70K in the MLS. He must have thought he'd won the lottery signing for us.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum