Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Travel prices to London

+9
Sluffy
Reebok Trotter
Reebok_Rebel
Sgt. Bash
Bernard Dennis Park
Dinah Moe Humm
Boggersbelief
BoltonTillIDie
LeedsWanderer
13 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Travel prices to London Empty Travel prices to London Wed Mar 06 2013, 20:31

LeedsWanderer

David Lee
David Lee

Just been looking at travel prices for day return for 1 adult and 1 7 year old on 27th May.

For the train it is £298.
For plane it is £238.

For the day out it would cost me around £500/£550.

Thought I would book in advance as it would be cheaper but it a bloody bank holiday.

Anyone know how much the direct train were last time we were down there?

2Travel prices to London Empty Re: Travel prices to London Wed Mar 06 2013, 20:36

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

off peak would be £147 - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

3Travel prices to London Empty Re: Travel prices to London Wed Mar 06 2013, 20:37

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

may also be worth getting a rail card - think that gives you a 1/3 off

4Travel prices to London Empty Re: Travel prices to London Wed Mar 06 2013, 20:41

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

What's happening on the 27th?

5Travel prices to London Empty Re: Travel prices to London Wed Mar 06 2013, 20:56

LeedsWanderer

David Lee
David Lee

cheers lads, i will take a look tomorrow. Whats happening on the 27th wake up man. Wink

Thought i could get it for around £60 in advance which i would have paid just in case we get there.

6Travel prices to London Empty Re: Travel prices to London Wed Mar 06 2013, 20:59

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ha Ha - That confident...

A Coach down would only cost about £35 - I think I paid £35 from Bolton to London for the FA Cup semi Final

7Travel prices to London Empty Re: Travel prices to London Wed Mar 06 2013, 21:03

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If we win our next two I will have the same confidence.

8Travel prices to London Empty Re: Travel prices to London Wed Mar 06 2013, 21:14

LeedsWanderer

David Lee
David Lee

BoltonTillIDie wrote:Ha Ha - That confident...

A Coach down would only cost about £35 - I think I paid £35 from Bolton to London for the FA Cup semi Final

Cant do coach pal, Did that last time. Checked national express and that was £18 but not again 4 and half hour on a coach which smells of piss.

I know 5 plus me from Leeds who are Wanderers. So I am thinking chip in to rent a mini bus or van and pay someone cash in hand to drive us.

9Travel prices to London Empty Re: Travel prices to London Wed Mar 06 2013, 21:15

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If we get there, I'm in Smile

10Travel prices to London Empty Re: Travel prices to London Wed Mar 06 2013, 21:17

LeedsWanderer

David Lee
David Lee

BoltonTillIDie wrote:If we get there, I'm in Smile

Ha Halifax, that would make 7, the more the better.

11Travel prices to London Empty Re: Travel prices to London Wed Mar 06 2013, 21:21

Dinah Moe Humm

David Ngog
David Ngog

If you're going with a kid get a parent + child railcard.

12Travel prices to London Empty Re: Travel prices to London Wed Mar 06 2013, 21:25

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Get the Mega Bus.

13Travel prices to London Empty Re: Travel prices to London Wed Mar 06 2013, 21:48

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

If we get to Wembley, I'll probably just use the official club travel, it's gotta be the cheapest (although longest) way to do it?

14Travel prices to London Empty Re: Travel prices to London Thu Mar 07 2013, 09:30

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

BoltonTillIDie wrote:Ha Ha - That confident...

Me and the lads looked at this... then decided against it, its cheap but takes about 14 years to get to London, I think our itinerary involved 2,456 changes between lands and end john o'groats before arriving in London 14 years later...

If there is more than 8 of you, its seriously cheaper to hire a minibus and stay overnight.

Sluffy - any chance of a Bolton Nuts coach? I could fill it i think.

15Travel prices to London Empty Re: Travel prices to London Thu Mar 07 2013, 09:31

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Sgt. Bash wrote:If we get to Wembley, I'll probably just use the official club travel, it's gotta be the cheapest (although longest) way to do it?

Fuck that - Overbearing stewards traveling preventing any form of conversation over 1db and you cant even have a beer.

Club travel is the pits - id rather fucking walk...

16Travel prices to London Empty Re: Travel prices to London Thu Mar 07 2013, 11:07

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:What's happening on the 27th?

What is happening on the 27th May?

17Travel prices to London Empty Re: Travel prices to London Thu Mar 07 2013, 11:08

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The coaches from the Reebok will be miles cheaper than the train.

18Travel prices to London Empty Re: Travel prices to London Thu Mar 07 2013, 11:10

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Reebok Trotter wrote:
Boggersbelief wrote:What's happening on the 27th?

What is happening on the 27th May?

You winding us up RT?

I'll bite then!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

19Travel prices to London Empty Re: Travel prices to London Thu Mar 07 2013, 11:13

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ha Ha. I thought it was a bit presumptuous but who knows? Stranger things have happened.

Last edited by Reebok Trotter on Sat Mar 09 2013, 09:53; edited 1 time in total

20Travel prices to London Empty Re: Travel prices to London Thu Mar 07 2013, 13:28

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I drive to St Albans or Stevenage (A1) park up and take a train from there (about £20 including the Tube and about £5 parking plus fuel) No fun if I want a drink, but I can sing as loud as I like.
That said, after my last trip to Wembley with the Whites I'll be seriously thinking about watching it on telly. Don't think I could handle another Stoke. That would be a nice dilemma to have though.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum