Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Loan signing expected today!!!??? - ILES

+12
Culcheth_White
Sgt. Bash
Keegan
Jamster26
Triumph
gloswhite
Natasha Whittam
Hipster_Nebula
terenceanne
wanderlust
Reebok Trotter
Sluffy
16 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Not sure when the latest it is that you have to be registered with the club before you can play a game but I would have thought it couldn't be on the day of the game itself?

Anyway this is what Iles is saying this morning -

DOUGIE Freedman reckons his next moves in the transfer market could be crucial to Wanderers’ play-off hopes.

After winning four games on the spin, the Whites boss wants to strengthen his hand further with the addition of two loan signings before the window closes on March 28.

It is understood that Freedman had drawn up a wish list of four Premier League players, although the top target, Fulham’s Kerim Frei, is now likely to be out of the running after the West London club vetoed a deal.

Freedman may have to look elsewhere for the midfield creator to help fill the gap vacated by the injured Mark Davies, but it is thought the Scot could have someone on board in time to face Brighton at the Reebok this weekend.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Regardless of whether anything comes off or not, I'm so much more impressed with Dougies transfer dealings than I ever was with Owen Coyle.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

This is exciting. Any names in the frame?

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Ronaldo has just been seen at a chippy in Horwich......could it be.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

terenceanne wrote:Ronaldo has just been seen at a chippy in Horwich......could it be.

wow, really? Decent coup from dougie if true.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

That'll be Ronaldo McDonaldo checking out the competition.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whoever it is will be too lightweight.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy - is the "today" bit your interpretation or is there something else Iles said that implies it's likely to be today? I know these things take time, but I'm as excited as a dog with two dicks about the prospect of getting some additional talent in.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Iles said - it is the bit I put in bold in the first post - that we could have someone "on board in time to play Brighton".

Well that's only Saturday so if he is on the ball that means it will either have to be today or tomorrow at the latest for the signing to take place.

Maybe I should have better titled the thread '...today or tomorrow' I guess.

Don't get too excited - after all this is from the Bolton News, who needs to sell papers - and also Nixon does not seem to have heard anything - but you never know.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Hhhmmm, he would have to be bloody excellent to drop straight into the first team. It just isn't Dougies way of working. If someone does come in, (big if), and they were that good, they would still only get a cameo for about 15 minutes

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Triumph

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Why do you think Rooney was only on the bench against Madrid.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I wouldn't be happy with Rooney.

Filth.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Have we signed anyone yet? Is it Schlupp? Any rumours circulating?
Only 28 hours to go and the clock's a-ticking.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Word on Canal Street is it's Ivan Klasnic.

Jamster26

Jamster26
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Have faith in Dougie, he will bring the right players in.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:Word on Canal Street is it's Ivan Klasnic.
I also heard he spends his weekends in Velvet seeing as he can't get a game in Mainz.

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

We've apparently made approaches and have been knocked back - Frei is one such. Douglas is still wheeling and dealing though.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Do we really need to loan a replacement for Mavies anyway? Surely it's time to give Stu-S-A a run in the team! He needs a chance to show he's still the same player he was pre-injury.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sgt. Bash wrote:Do we really need to loan a replacement for Mavies anyway? Surely it's time to give Stu-S-A a run in the team! He needs a chance to show he's still the same player he was pre-injury.
Stu has looked distinctly average since his return and he hasn't renewed his contract. This is a worry whichever way you stack it up.
Whilst we would undoubtedly hope that he comes back to form, slots into centre midfield and guides us to glory, I'm beginning to suspect all is not well.
Maybe Dougie is thinking that he's not the player he was, isn't up to the job and/or if he won't sign we should be looking elsewhere anyway?
Won't stop me hoping that Stuey will do the business for us, especially as we've looked after him whilst he's been injured, but I'm starting to think it will never happen.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum