Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Pictures of Burnden Park

+12
paddybwfc
rammywhite
Tigermin
scottjames30
Bernard Dennis Park
Reebok Trotter
bwfc71
Triumph
Natasha Whittam
Reebok_Rebel
Boggersbelief
Sluffy
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21Pictures of Burnden Park - Page 2 Empty Re: Pictures of Burnden Park Sun Mar 10 2013, 17:25

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Paddy is right. Alzheimers is creeping ever closer. Our double over United was in the 78/79 season.

22Pictures of Burnden Park - Page 2 Empty Re: Pictures of Burnden Park Sun Mar 10 2013, 17:58

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Loved the old place. First game was a night game against West ham, which we won. in the 62/63 season. Remember it still, (not the game, but the atmosphere, smells, etc)

23Pictures of Burnden Park - Page 2 Empty Re: Pictures of Burnden Park Sun Mar 10 2013, 18:03

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Just remembered. When they cloed burnden, they sold the turf for a fiver per square fooet or so. I bought one and went all the way up from Taunton to pick it up. Planted it in my back garden back home, but couldn't take it with me when we left, as I went on a 3 year overseas tour. So there is always a part of Bur4nden in Somerset.

24Pictures of Burnden Park - Page 2 Empty Re: Pictures of Burnden Park Sun Mar 10 2013, 20:10

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

That collection of pics was saddening in a way as most were about the end of an era and not so much about the glory days. I was hoping to see a train on the Embankment with fans hanging out of the windows, a packed Lever End in full voice and a heaving stadium urging the Mighty Wanderers on to victory. Loved that place, even when we were down the leagues.

25Pictures of Burnden Park - Page 2 Empty Re: Pictures of Burnden Park Mon Mar 11 2013, 02:53

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

So many memories, both happy and sad. 1st match 1963 home defeat 4-3 to Stoke City as a 7 yr old in the season we were relegated from the old 1st division. As someone else has already said, can remember the smell,sights and atmosphere like it was yesterday.Will stay with me forever.

26Pictures of Burnden Park - Page 2 Empty Re: Pictures of Burnden Park Mon Mar 11 2013, 08:04

Triumph

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

wanderlust wrote:That collection of pics was saddening in a way as most were about the end of an era and not so much about the glory days. I was hoping to see a train on the Embankment with fans hanging out of the windows, a packed Lever End in full voice and a heaving stadium urging the Mighty Wanderers on to victory. Loved that place, even when we were down the leagues.
Just for you.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

27Pictures of Burnden Park - Page 2 Empty Re: Pictures of Burnden Park Tue Mar 12 2013, 19:34

Alf Hooker

David Lee
David Lee

God I miss Burnden Park - everytime I go to the homogenous, sanitary, atmosphereless Breezeblock it grips me that Burnden wasn't redeveloped in that position, remember the fans consultation we were promised? No me neither.

28Pictures of Burnden Park - Page 2 Empty Re: Pictures of Burnden Park Tue Mar 12 2013, 19:37

Alf Hooker

David Lee
David Lee

Who else remembers 'My world is a football' played before every Burnden game?

29Pictures of Burnden Park - Page 2 Empty Re: Pictures of Burnden Park Tue Mar 12 2013, 21:12

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

But of course Alf - them were the days...!

Click on the link in this link, to hear the record again.

Happy Days.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

30Pictures of Burnden Park - Page 2 Empty Re: Pictures of Burnden Park Tue Mar 12 2013, 22:04

Alf Hooker

David Lee
David Lee

Sluffy wrote:But of course Alf - them were the days...!

Click on the link in this link, to hear the record again.

Happy Days.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

bloody 'ell - long time since I heard that in full - brings back the old embankment on early season sunny august saturday afternoons, with the pitch immaculate bright green, the times when football felt real before it whored itself off to the murdochs millions...

31Pictures of Burnden Park - Page 2 Empty Re: Pictures of Burnden Park Wed Mar 13 2013, 08:24

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Triumph wrote:
wanderlust wrote:That collection of pics was saddening in a way as most were about the end of an era and not so much about the glory days. I was hoping to see a train on the Embankment with fans hanging out of the windows, a packed Lever End in full voice and a heaving stadium urging the Mighty Wanderers on to victory. Loved that place, even when we were down the leagues.
Just for you.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Thanks Triumph - that's more like it!

32Pictures of Burnden Park - Page 2 Empty Re: Pictures of Burnden Park Wed Mar 13 2013, 11:37

Alf Hooker

David Lee
David Lee

Reebok Trotter wrote:
Sluffy wrote:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

This photo brings back memories. It's the team from 1978 that got us back in the 1st Division. Some big names in that squad. Tonny Dunne, Paul Jones, Roy Greaves, Peter Reid, Frank Worthington, Jim McDonagh, Big Sam, Peter Nicholson, Neil Whatmore.

The team were all sponsored by Lada and every player had one. The one in the photo was Tony Dunne's.

Have you noticed how much it was to get in the 'manny road north' terrace??

33Pictures of Burnden Park - Page 2 Empty Re: Pictures of Burnden Park Wed Mar 13 2013, 11:40

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Great photo of a team of real superstars. Can you imagine todays 'overpaid ponces' ( to quote Ms Whittam) driving round in cars like that??

34Pictures of Burnden Park - Page 2 Empty Re: Pictures of Burnden Park Thu Mar 14 2013, 09:57

Triumph

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

rammywhite wrote:Great photo of a team of real superstars. Can you imagine todays 'overpaid ponces' ( to quote Ms Whittam) driving round in cars like that??
Quite a few of them came on the Bus.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum