Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

This weekend

+6
Copper Dragon
Boggersbelief
aaron_bwfc
Reebok Trotter
terenceanne
wanderlust
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1This weekend Empty This weekend Tue Mar 12 2013, 09:22

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Watched the last half hour or so of Burnley v Hull last night and it reminded me of how fine the margins are between success and failure. They are not so far behind us, but failure to win last night put them 9 points off the playoffs and the result was greeted with tears and boos from the fans and the team being pretty much written off by the commentators - despite there being plenty of games left.
Not sure if Copper has given up the ghost for this season as yet, but I wouldn't if I was a Burnley fan and there was still a chance "on paper" of making it.
We are in a better position, but although I believe that we have to win every game to overhaul Brighton and Forest and not get caught by Leeds, I wouldn't give up if we don't come away with 3 points from Ipswich, but what a chance we have of making inroads.
Brighton v Palace
Hull v Forest
Could be a decisive weekend that puts us right in the mix.

2This weekend Empty Re: This weekend Tue Mar 12 2013, 10:23

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Don't forget tonights games .....Brighton & Leeds playing. Shame Hull won last night ...although I don't think we can catch the 2nd spot .....matematically we still can. Nowt matters though if we don't beat Ipswich.

3This weekend Empty Re: This weekend Tue Mar 12 2013, 11:13

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The away games to Ipswich, Bristol and Cardiff are the three games that worry me. McCarthy will have Ipswich set up well and they will be looking to do the double over us.

4This weekend Empty Re: This weekend Tue Mar 12 2013, 11:15

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

It has been a while since I started looking forward to games and thinking we won't get beat here, this is what I feel about the Ipswich and Charlton games.

We can do with Barnsley beating Brighton tonight but I can't see it.

5This weekend Empty Re: This weekend Tue Mar 12 2013, 11:33

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

At least we've got to a position where we're thinking about other sides losing. We're still a long way from having our destiny in our own hands, but I'm delighted we've got this close having been 20th just a few weeks ago.
Come on you Tykes!

6This weekend Empty Re: This weekend Tue Mar 12 2013, 16:56

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Barnsley are decent at home, Brighton are shit away. Home win.

7This weekend Empty Re: This weekend Tue Mar 12 2013, 17:22

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:Barnsley are decent at home, Brighton are shit away. Home win.
That would be so good, but I'm expecting a draw at best. Either would be a boost for our chances.
I'm rooting for Cardiff and the Posh tonight as well. It would be great if Leicester were dragged into our sights and Leeds were cut loose. Maybe I'm hoping for too much?

8This weekend Empty Re: This weekend Tue Mar 12 2013, 17:33

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You definitely aren't! Leicester are in free fall, once you go on a bad run it's very hard to get out of it, Cardiff will beat them tonight leaving 5th & 6th open.

Not sure about the Leeds Peterborough game but Leeds can't overtake us anyway.

9This weekend Empty Re: This weekend Tue Mar 12 2013, 17:41

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Leeds would be level on points with us if they win their game in hand, so I'd be much happier if Posh get something from the game.

10This weekend Empty Re: This weekend Tue Mar 12 2013, 17:45

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm expecting Leicester to miss out on the play offs, their run in is tough.

1 Cardiff
2 Hull
3 Watford
4 Palace
5 Bolton
6 Forest

You'd heard it here first Smile

11This weekend Empty Re: This weekend Tue Mar 12 2013, 17:52

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Palace in the playoffs? I'd be delighted with that. I just think we need to beat Ipswich first.

12This weekend Empty Re: This weekend Tue Mar 12 2013, 17:53

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I think Watford will win the league to be honest and I think the last play off spot will be either Brighton, Forest or ourselves.

Think Leicester have just done enough to stay there.

13This weekend Empty Re: This weekend Tue Mar 12 2013, 17:54

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

'Not sure if Copper has given up the ghost for this season as yet'

I give it up two weeks ago.

Forget about Burnley being any where near the play offs, your rivals for that last play off place are little bottling bawling Billy's Forest, Brighton, Boro and perhaps Leeds.

14This weekend Empty Re: This weekend Tue Mar 12 2013, 17:57

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whatever happens, I don't think any team in this league is good enough to survive the prem.

15This weekend Empty Re: This weekend Tue Mar 12 2013, 18:00

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

If Forest go up, they will be good enough for the Prem. They have money and will buy better than QPR has.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

16This weekend Empty Re: This weekend Tue Mar 12 2013, 18:02

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Copper Dragon wrote:'Not sure if Copper has given up the ghost for this season as yet'

Forget about Burnley being any where near the play offs, your rivals for that last play off place are little bottling bawling Billy's Forest, Brighton, Boro and perhaps Leeds.

Felt sorry for Charlie Austin last night - absolutely no service and his one header near the end wasn't great but the bounce didn't help. Still you have got rovers to look forward to, so please do us all a favour and stuff them.
We're not giving up yet, but it's a tough call.

17This weekend Empty Re: This weekend Tue Mar 12 2013, 18:10

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Need to worry about that once you're there. Cardiff, Hull, and Forest have finance, Palace and Watford don't, not sure about Leicester and Boro. It would be interesting to see what Bolton's strategy would be if we did make it, take the money and reduce the debt or throw money at it.

18This weekend Empty Re: This weekend Tue Mar 12 2013, 18:12

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think we'd splash the cash if we did go up.

19This weekend Empty Re: This weekend Tue Mar 12 2013, 19:51

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Boggersbelief wrote:You definitely aren't! Leicester are in free fall, once you go on a bad run it's very hard to get out of it, .

I haven't really be taking much notice of Leicester of late but I have just been reading a leicester forum and they are going nuts over Pearsons team selection tonight.

Some reckon it could be his last game tonight if they lose. Shocked

20This weekend Empty Re: This weekend Tue Mar 12 2013, 21:14

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

wanderlust wrote:
Copper Dragon wrote:'Not sure if Copper has given up the ghost for this season as yet'

Felt sorry for Charlie Austin last night - absolutely no service and his one header near the end wasn't great but the bounce didn't help. Still you have got rovers to look forward to, so please do us all a favour and stuff them.
We're not giving up yet, but it's a tough call.

I felt sorry for the 10,000 Burnley fans having to endure that blatant disregard for football.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum