Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Do you want us to get promoted.

+23
Hip Priest
observer
doffcocker
gloswhite
BoltonTillIDie
xmiles
Sluffy
Angry Dad
scottjames30
Sgt. Bash
Keegan
JonnyRandom
Culcheth_White
Soul Kitchen
Hipster_Nebula
Barryjw
WhiteBic
Natasha Whittam
Triumph
Dinae Moe Humm
Reebok_Rebel
wanderlust
Reebok Trotter
27 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

21Do you want us to get promoted. - Page 2 Empty Re: Do you want us to get promoted. Wed Mar 13 2013, 13:29

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I want us to get promoted purely for that moment at the final whistle when you realise you have been promoted.

I was there at Wrexham when this all started and I want to be there when we return to the PL.

22Do you want us to get promoted. - Page 2 Empty Re: Do you want us to get promoted. Wed Mar 13 2013, 13:32

JonnyRandom

JonnyRandom
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Dam right i do! Chance to keep hold of dawson, spearing, alonso plus add extra quality is good enough for me.

Us go up, qpr/wigan go down and i'll be laughing

23Do you want us to get promoted. - Page 2 Empty Re: Do you want us to get promoted. Wed Mar 13 2013, 14:02

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Natasha Whittam wrote:I want us to get promoted purely for that moment at the final whistle when you realise you have been promoted.

This. All the other arguments for going up work for me, but this says it all. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

24Do you want us to get promoted. - Page 2 Empty Re: Do you want us to get promoted. Wed Mar 13 2013, 15:10

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Yes, I want Bolton to win every single game we play. I know we can't/won't win every single game we play, but the whole point of supporting a team is to want them to do as well as possible in every game/competition.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

25Do you want us to get promoted. - Page 2 Empty Re: Do you want us to get promoted. Wed Mar 13 2013, 16:25

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Yes.

26Do you want us to get promoted. - Page 2 Empty Re: Do you want us to get promoted. Wed Mar 13 2013, 18:41

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

yes

27Do you want us to get promoted. - Page 2 Empty Re: Do you want us to get promoted. Wed Mar 13 2013, 18:49

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Culcheth_White wrote:Only from a financial aspect for the club, that would be the only reason why I would want us to get promoted.

The Premier is shit! It's far too expensive to attend most of the away games and most of the fans that support their team, they are only going watching them because they are in the Premiership.

The fans that go watching their teams in the Championship are proper, loyal fans imo and they will stick with their team through thick and thin.

I was listening to a Pompey fan on GMR last Saturday and he remembered going watching Pompey, at Old Trafford in 1997 and the crowd was about 28K! Where the fook has the other 48K fans come from over the last 15 years or so and why?

I'll be very much looking forward to another season in the Championship, If we don't get promoted this season.

I agree with you but the Pompey fan may have been suffering from dementia because Pompey were not in the Prem in the 96/97 and 97/98 seasons. They didn't play United in any of the cups during that period either.

I wonder if he meant 1987? They were in the Prem in the 87/88 season and the crowd at Old Trafford was 35,105.

28Do you want us to get promoted. - Page 2 Empty Re: Do you want us to get promoted. Wed Mar 13 2013, 18:51

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Of course!

No true fan wouldn't.

29Do you want us to get promoted. - Page 2 Empty Re: Do you want us to get promoted. Wed Mar 13 2013, 19:09

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Like everybody else of course yes, but I think in some ways it might be better to be promoted next season. By then Dougie will have assembled the team he wants rather than the team that Coyle left him. The fact that Palace have continued to do well after he left shows that he knows how to build a team. Our recent success has to be down to Dougie. If we went up at the end of this season I think we would struggle to stay up.

30Do you want us to get promoted. - Page 2 Empty Re: Do you want us to get promoted. Wed Mar 13 2013, 19:43

WhiteBic

WhiteBic
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Bring on the prem that's what I say. Even if we was to come straight back down (odds on) again with the extra sky revenue and para payments we be in a great possition for an automatic spot the following season and then spend some cash to assemble a mid table prem squad.

31Do you want us to get promoted. - Page 2 Empty Re: Do you want us to get promoted. Wed Mar 13 2013, 19:48

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Yes, the quality is much better, the coverage is much better, the income is much better, the only bad thing is we won't play as often-it's been great playing on a Tuesday as well Smile

32Do you want us to get promoted. - Page 2 Empty Re: Do you want us to get promoted. Wed Mar 13 2013, 19:55

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

For me, getting promoted would be a nightmare ! I would like us to get to the play-offs at most. We'd have the time and confidence to go on from there, and we'd enjoy the games again. Also, we wouldn't have the depressing Saturday night feeling week in, week out. I've had enough of that for a while.

33Do you want us to get promoted. - Page 2 Empty Re: Do you want us to get promoted. Wed Mar 13 2013, 20:35

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I want us to go up for pride reasons. I like us being in the Prem not to see us play the likes of United and Liverpool but because it betters the name of the football club.

Sure, we stand more chance of seeing winning football in the Championship than the Premiership but each win counts for more when your aspirations are avoiding relegation as opposed to chasing promotion.

34Do you want us to get promoted. - Page 2 Empty Re: Do you want us to get promoted. Wed Mar 13 2013, 23:35

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

This year's crop of EPL relegation leading teams is averaging less than one point per game. In fact under one point per game will give you safety (for now). I think we can compete with the bottom 6 of the premier league as well as the top 6 of the championship... not much difference... except the money for being in the EPL. Let's play one game at a time and not look up or down and just concentrate on adding to our point total and increasing our GD in the positive direction. If we can continue to win, whether lucky, ugly or whatever, we won't have to worry who is above us. We lost ugly under OC, and now it's time we win ugly or just win with some fine passing. It's the points that count for the next few weeks.

35Do you want us to get promoted. - Page 2 Empty Re: Do you want us to get promoted. Thu Mar 14 2013, 02:03

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Yes please. Us up,Wigan down will suit me just nicely.

36Do you want us to get promoted. - Page 2 Empty Re: Do you want us to get promoted. Thu Mar 14 2013, 07:26

chipbutty

chipbutty
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Yes.

Wigan to stay up.
All southern teams to go down.

Blackpool, Preston, Blackburn, Oldham (why not) Burnley and of course Bolton in the Prem. QPR, Fulham, Reading. Southampton and as many other southern teams as poss. to go down.
Let the north west dominate.

37Do you want us to get promoted. - Page 2 Empty Re: Do you want us to get promoted. Thu Mar 14 2013, 21:13

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I want us to win every game, so yes.

38Do you want us to get promoted. - Page 2 Empty Re: Do you want us to get promoted. Fri Mar 15 2013, 08:13

Triumph

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Ricoh Arena owners ACL yesterday applied to have the Sky Blues put into administration.

Theres another reason. Once a decent club (Coventry City)

39Do you want us to get promoted. - Page 2 Empty Re: Do you want us to get promoted. Fri Mar 15 2013, 10:33

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Triumph wrote:Ricoh Arena owners ACL yesterday applied to have the Sky Blues put into administration.

Theres another reason. Once a decent club (Coventry City)

Coventry have certainly had some ups and downs over the last few years.

40Do you want us to get promoted. - Page 2 Empty Re: Do you want us to get promoted. Fri Mar 15 2013, 11:54

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Their rental agreement with the Ricoh hasn't helped. They rented because they were strapped for cash, but the terms didn't leave anything to invest in players so it was always going to be a downward spiral.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum