Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Lonergan or Bodan for the next game?

+25
JonnyRandom
Jamster26
aaron_bwfc
Keegan
xmiles
Swintonwhite89
Bernard Dennis Park
Hipster_Nebula
karlypants
Natasha Whittam
observer
wanderlust
terenceanne
WhiteBic
Reebok_Rebel
BoltonTillIDie
Triumph
rammywhite
Reebok Trotter
scottjames30
Lyric Todkill
Boggersbelief
doffcocker
Leeds_Trotter
Bolton Nuts
29 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bogdan for me

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Lonergan 100%.

Swintonwhite89

Swintonwhite89
Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

It has to be Lonners.

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Like everyone else (apart from Hipster) Lonergan, but like most of us I suspect Dougie may well bring Bogdan back.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I don't mind. We have 2 decent goalies and I trust the manager will do what he deems to be right. Dougie prepares thoroughly for games plus he is close enough to the players to know their state of mind. I am starting to have faith in him.

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

I'd feel more confident with Lonergan in goal.That said, if he makes one howler in his next appearance, I fully expect everyone to be crying for Bogdan to return.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I would stick with Longergan, however I can't see Dougie dropping Bogdan now he is back from injury, he has been the number 1 keeper for most of the season I can't see that changing.

Jamster26

Jamster26
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Has to be Longergan. We can't have asked for anymore from him. He's also got loads of experience and he seems to bring a calmer vibe to our back line. He definitely seems allot more organised too.

JonnyRandom

JonnyRandom
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

It has to be lonerga for me. Hes looked a lot more solid and communicates well. Wouldnt surprise me if bogdan came back in. Hopefully though it could give bogdan a kick up the back side and show hes got a worthy challenger for his place.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:Only a fool would bring back flapper Bogdan.

I fully expect Bogdan to play tomorrow.

You're not the Manager though.

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Bogdan for me

It had to be you didn't it. Care to explain. Is it just so you can look good in front of Doug tomorrow?

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He likes to be different.

Lyric Todkill

Lyric Todkill
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Boggersbelief wrote:

Dougie isn't a fool.

we'll find out, it seems

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Lyric Todkill wrote:
Boggersbelief wrote:

Dougie isn't a fool.

we'll find out, it seems

Or will we?

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Lonergan for me please.

Not much point if Bogdan pulls off a world class save one minute if he spills the ball at the feet of a striker two yards out the next.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Biggie wrote: Is it just so you can look good in front of Doug tomorrow?

Trust me, Hipster will be nowhere near Dougie tomorrow. Unless Dougie is missing the game to attend a meeting of ABA.

** ABA = Aberdeen Benders Anonymous

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

xmiles wrote:Like everyone else (apart from Hipster) Lonergan, but like most of us I suspect Dougie may well bring Bogdan back.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Biggie wrote: Is it just so you can look good in front of Doug tomorrow?

Trust me, Hipster will be nowhere near Dougie tomorrow. Unless Dougie is missing the game to attend a meeting of ABA.

** ABA = Aberdeen Benders Anonymous

:trust:

Bolton Nuts

Admin

I trust they will.

But come on Hips, please tell us why you think Bogdan is the better choice?

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Freedman said: “It’s not a big decision (recalling Bogdan). Decisions have to be made for the best of the team,” he said. “Everyone is pushing everyone. Everyone is setting higher standards. It is an easy decision not a hard one.”

Such is the analysis of each player during a weekday at Euxton that even the number of hours he has slept could have a bearing on his place in the team.

That could go some way to explaining the relative lack of starts for Craig Davies – a new father – in recent weeks.

Freedman is intent on keeping his players at their peak in the crucial final stretch of the campaign, even if he has to make decisions that prove unpopular with the supporters.

“I would never pick a side just because it won last Saturday,” he said. “That has given us that momentum.

“We communicate to the players, they tell us how they feel. If they are sleeping right, if there is muscle soreness; you put that all into the pot and if you can see someone has got good scores and they are training well, it’s up to me to make decisions from that “You are never out of the team. I am going to pick a team to beat Ipswich after looking at all the bits of information.

“We need to get more balance in the squad to give us different options.

“But if you train properly and act responsibly around the place then you will get a chance of playing if I feel it is the right team.”

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum