Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Lonergan or Bodan for the next game?

+25
JonnyRandom
Jamster26
aaron_bwfc
Keegan
xmiles
Swintonwhite89
Bernard Dennis Park
Hipster_Nebula
karlypants
Natasha Whittam
observer
wanderlust
terenceanne
WhiteBic
Reebok_Rebel
BoltonTillIDie
Triumph
rammywhite
Reebok Trotter
scottjames30
Lyric Todkill
Boggersbelief
doffcocker
Leeds_Trotter
Bolton Nuts
29 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Biggie wrote:Freedman said: “It’s not a big decision (recalling Bogdan). Decisions have to be made for the best of the team,” he said. “Everyone is pushing everyone. Everyone is setting higher standards. It is an easy decision not a hard one.”

Such is the analysis of each player during a weekday at Euxton that even the number of hours he has slept could have a bearing on his place in the team.

That could go some way to explaining the relative lack of starts for Craig Davies – a new father – in recent weeks.

Freedman is intent on keeping his players at their peak in the crucial final stretch of the campaign, even if he has to make decisions that prove unpopular with the supporters.

“I would never pick a side just because it won last Saturday,” he said. “That has given us that momentum.

“We communicate to the players, they tell us how they feel. If they are sleeping right, if there is muscle soreness; you put that all into the pot and if you can see someone has got good scores and they are training well, it’s up to me to make decisions from that “You are never out of the team. I am going to pick a team to beat Ipswich after looking at all the bits of information.

“We need to get more balance in the squad to give us different options.

“But if you train properly and act responsibly around the place then you will get a chance of playing if I feel it is the right team.”

For some reason I actually believe him. With Coyle it always looked like bullshit (and was bullshit) but Dougie seems to mean it.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Biggie wrote:I trust they will.

But come on Hips, please tell us why you think Bogdan is the better choice?

because he's the number 1, I'm not one for just dropping a keeper every time he cocks up.

If we go with Lonners and he drops one in the net today do we go back to Bogdan?

But those who've seen the players every week think lonners is on form then i shan't argue with that tbh, i hope he starts if thats the case.

Born to be a wanderer

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Lonerghan all day even though he let one in v Ipswich a shot that alonso blocked that came right back at the kid and he just was in the right place at the right time.Lonners made two good saves early on and in my opinion the back 4 seem more relaxed with him in goal.

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I'd be more worried about Knight than Bogdan or Lonergan, I have just seen the highlights on sky from Saturday.....For anyone who was at the game or has seen it, he made one of the worst passes I have ever seen straight to one of their strikers, the guy blazed it over the bar but against a better team we would have been 1-0 well before we were.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

aaron_bwfc wrote:I'd be more worried about Knight than Bogdan or Lonergan, I have just seen the highlights on sky from Saturday.....For anyone who was at the game or has seen it, he made one of the worst passes I have ever seen straight to one of their strikers, the guy blazed it over the bar but against a better team we would have been 1-0 well before we were.

I've got to agree, It's about time Zat Knight was dropped in my opinion as he really is shit!

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

But is he worse than Ream? Once we lose Dawson, Dougie is going to have to make a decision. Do we go with Knight and Ream or Knight and Ricketts or Ricketts and Ream?

Remember, we could lose Alonso at the end of the season, in which case Ricketts will probably cover the LB slot.

I'd much rather have Riley at RB than Mears but we haven't got an abundance of versatile defenders to fill in any gaps.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok Trotter wrote:But is he worse than Ream? Once we lose Dawson, Dougie is going to have to make a decision. Do we go with Knight and Ream or Knight and Ricketts or Ricketts and Ream?

Remember, we could lose Alonso at the end of the season, in which case Ricketts will probably cover the LB slot.

I'd much rather have Riley at RB than Mears but we haven't got an abundance of versatile defenders to fill in any gaps.

What about Wheater?

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If Dougie is actually doing what he says in Biggie's post then in theory anyone could start.
I like the scientific approach, but it should only be used to firm up plans that are formed by observation and applied football nous - rather than selecting the team on the basis of scores in specific tests. If a player is sleeping well does it mean he'll play well and as part of the team? If he jumps ten feet in the air, does it mean he won't stumble over the ball the first time he gets it? Hopefully the science is being used appropriately.
I also like the idea of no starting place being sacrosanct - keeps everyone motivated in theory - and I like the idea of preparing teams for specific games.
There is so much good in what Dougie is saying, and it was all going well until he said "I am going to pick a team to beat Ipswich after looking at all the bits of information."
Clearly, there was either not enough information or his calculator broke.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:

What about Wheater?

How long does a fractured skull take to heal?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Deffo. Lonergan.

Boggers can warm the bench now till the end of the season for me.

Spirit of 58

David Lee
David Lee

Longergan.

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Reebok Trotter wrote:
karlypants wrote:

What about Wheater?

How long does a fractured skull take to heal?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

What a nutter.

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum